• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Even delayed because of Manchester Arena attack

Jeremy

What happens when Europe reaches a point when terrorist attacks happen every week? RIP entertainment industry?

Yeah, things are going to fall apart pretty quickly if everything gets pushed back by one month. I don't even want to imagine the chaos

Jeremy

do u guys think bamco potentially orchestrated the attacks to give themselves a delay cuz they were worried about the review scores? i've heard rumblings.......

Budi

Eh I live in Manchester and have a "drinking mate" from the local pub that works as a steward at the MEN. It's not like it hasn't "reached" me you know.

Ah, great that you understood I was adressing the post to you too. Wasn't sure if you'd acknowledge saying awful things.

aieeeee

They're pushing it back a month so they don't have to censor it. What the fuck is going on in this thread

So basically it's not out of respect then really, it's just so they don't have to censor it. Because clearly it will all be forgotten about in a month.

Jeremy

So basically it's not out of respect then really, it's just so they don't have to censor it. Because clearly it will all be forgotten about in a month.

I was responding to the person who was whining about censorship. I know this is hard to imagine but being respectful and preserving the full content of the video game you've been working on can co-exist.

At this point I can't tell if you're mad because they're not being respectful enough by only extending the delay by a month or if you want to play a video game so bad you really just don't give too much of a fuck about what anyone else thinks.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm not a fan of poorly considered censorship, even when it's self-inflicted. There's no need to treat people with such over-sized kid gloves or mis-attribute such grandiose importance to a game.

No need to treat people with kid gloves? You mean like the people who lost their daughters to this bombing?

aieeeee

I was responding to the person who was whining about censorship. I know this is hard to imagine but being respectful and preserving the full content of the video game you've been working on can co-exist.

At this point I can't tell if you're mad because they're not being respectful enough by only extending the delay by a month or if you want to play a video game so bad you really just don't give too much of a fuck about what anyone else thinks.

I actually don't care about the game. Hell I only knew it was so they didn't have to censor it when you posted about it. All I'm saying is that they say they it's out of respect but really it seems like more of a out of respect because it's convenient for them.

I'm just mad at the fact that a terrorist set out to to kill people and affect life in any and every way possible and have done so by Namco delaying the game a month (not that I was buying the game anyway but it will still affect others involved with the game etc and the attack wont have been forgotten about in a month). The amount of time they delay it for is up to them but it doesn't bother me how long regardless.

Jackpot

Banned
No. You're the one who got on someone for using the wrong version of queue/cue, and you're abusing the word "censorship" like this? Just no. The government is not getting involved at all, nor is the content of the game in any way being changed. The word "censorship" in no way applies to this situation, in any way whatsoever. That word has a very particular meaning, and abusing it trivializes the impact of actual censorship. Get out of here with that.

Want people to take you seriously? Take some better care with the words you use, mate.

um, censorship isn't the sole purview of the government.

I appreciate that words appear to not be your strong point but what is it you're struggling with in my response to your non-argument?

A catch-all argument is seen as a negative as it has no bearing on the specifics of the discussion in question. The argument "they can do whatever they want with their game because they own it and it's nobody's damn business" can be applied to other games being delayed, games being released broken, going pay2win, or any other topic of discussion. But you've never dreamed of applying the same argument to any other thread, which would make you a hypocrite.

Your reply

Of course it's a catch-all argument, that's exactly why it applies to this game also.

It's highly unlikely that I'm going to visit all of any type of thread on here and you'll find that I've not told anybody to stop talking about anything in any of the threads that I have visited or will likely ever visit on here. If I was wanting you to "stop talking" then it would have made far more sense for me to not reply to you instead of doing what I did do, which was, replying to you.

consists of "You're right it's a catch-all argument. No I haven't ever posted it in another thread. I don't want you to stop talking."

and then some embarrassing stuff about thinking cue is the American for queue or some such nonsense.

All I'll say OP, and I'm not exaggerating here, is that you are so close to entering Gamergate quality defending for this.

Just stop it.

JP

I think it;s probably more positive not to quote you anymore. What is this insistence that you have with telling people that they're embarrassed about things?

You're repeatedly, and I'd assume, intentionally avoiding what people are saying in this thread. As you don't seem to have a real point of discussion you keep reducing anything validity that your opinion may actually carry by either making personal comments about people who are attempting to discuss things with you or by raising spelling and grammar as a point of discussion.

None of these things have anything to do with the discussion in this thread.

First of all, you started off by accusing me off coming in here and telling you to stop talking about the opinion that you have come in here and asking people to discuss. I posted clearly about what you said about and you're yet to comment on why you feel the need to start making things up about people.

You appear to be willing to discuss almost anything in this thread apart from the very things that you've asked people to come in here and discuss with you.

It's almost as if you're throwing words out because you can't think of a valid response to the points that people have raised in here. Do you not wonder why people in here are reacting to the manner of your responses as much as they are in your point? Surely you must be able to take in at least some of what you are reading here?

You may well be a really decent person in real life but I'm genuinely not feeling that there is any point in responding to you any further. Not only is it achieving nothing as you refuse to discuss the subject but it's also incredibly mudane.

I'm even going to let you have the last reply in this "conversation" because from the way that you're responded to different people, you may well enjoy that and I'm very comfortable with what I've said.

mas8705

Sometimes I wonder if tragedies really do bring out the worst of people. Not saying that the delay of Get Even is a poor choice, but rather the reaction this game has been getting because of the choice made to delay it. Hell forbid that this is a respectful choice made (even though we apparently know little of said game according to the wiki page). Can't believe that there are some that are really going out of their way to put a spin on this saying how "This is a bad thing."

Jackpot

Banned
You appear to be willing to discuss almost anything in this thread apart from the very things that you've asked people to come in here and discuss with you.

I've discussed the subject in detail.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237897804&postcount=111

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237904365&postcount=138

People have either resorted to hurling epithets or simply repeated the initial reasoning verbatim and outright literally refused to expand on it. I'm sorry you can't comprehend the posts better.

As someone who lives in Manchester, some of these replies are utterly unreal.

Come on guys, seriously.

Apparently showing respect, regardless of how meaningless it may be in the grand scheme of life, is too much for some people. Showing respect and empathy is always a good thing and the intentions of the developers seem pure. Nothing wrong with what they did, even if the game is garbage or a diamond.

Madame M

Banned
You wouldn't want your game associated with that kind of event even slightly, they're better safe than sorry.

Then it doesn't make sense to make a press release doing exactly that.

It is perfectly ok to delay the game due to the attack in Manchester.

Doesn't matter if those personally involved wouldn't play it. Neither does it relate to our terrorist level being raised to critical.

It is simply a reasonable thing to do.

Can you name the reason then?

Top Bottom