• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting out of rest mode requires restarting the TV on PS4 PRO

I have this issue with my Samsung TV too. But it happens on Normal PS4@4.07 , it began after enabling UHD HDMI COLOUR. Sometimes it occurs sometimes it doesn't. Starting TV first seems the solve the issue for me.
Step1:Turn on the TV
Step2:Select the active PS4 HDMI port
Step3:Turn on the PS4

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Only 4.50 with all its betas and now the official firmware had that problem. Now I can't roll back to 4.07. I wonder what is causing this problem in 4.50 code. I wished they would fix that in the final release. Now it seems this will be forever and I don't expect this to be solved even in future firmware updates.
I always have my TV and PS4Pro set to sleep modes if i turn off my Bravia (1080p) manually it puts PS4 into sleep mode too hopefully they fix your issue in their stability updates

Kinan

Curiously, the problem is gone for me since the latest beta. It takes a little longer to get the picture than normal, but it appears now in 2-4s without restarting TV or PS4.

Top Bottom