• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GF bought a Nintendo Switch from a 3rd party on Amazon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuminus3

Banned
In 1988 I bought a Sega Master System + a ton of games + accessories (controllers, 3D glasses, light gun) from my Dad's friend's brother for £15. It was worth hundreds. The seller was an alcoholic. OP could just be feeding someone's habit. Feel bad like I do!

3bada

If the OP can do it, I can do it too!

QEuv0Xn.png

I actually have no faith this thing is getting delivered but I had to try.

I believe
in this being fake

Downhome

To be fair, if you can afford to be without your money for a short little while, there is little risk in taking a chance on stuff like this on Amazon and even on eBay. Both of those sites, especially Amazon, are amazing with returns and refunds. If you don't get something, or you get something that isn't what you ordered, you will pretty much assuredly receive a full refund.

welp, received a fake tracking number for the $110 Switch, and got refunded immediately by Amazon CS after going on chat.

Was a fun thought though while it lasted
lol.gif

mo60

welp, received a fake tracking number for the $110 Switch, and got refunded immediately by Amazon CS after going on chat.

Was a fun thought though while it lasted
lol.gif

I found a switch on ebay being bid for like $102 US right now and another switch being sold for like $150 US on ebay right now. I'm not going to bid for the first switch or buy the second switch I found but this thread is making me interested in seeing how low people are selling the console for on ebay right now.

All of the nintendo switch consoles being sold on Amazon.ca are $500+ right now.

NateDrake

Some neon Joycons are being sold on Amazon for around $8. $11 with shipping but they won't arrive until mid-April. Thinking about taking the risk...

finalflame

Gold Member

Ayyyyyy!!! People who bet money better pay up.

Yah, I'm gonna need to see:

1. The un-cancelled Amazon order with the tracking #.
2. The tracking number itself or the tracking update page showing the package as delivered.
3. The box up-close with a label that shows the same tracking number as the 2 steps above.

Before I believe OP didn't just buy a Switch (which has gone largely in stock) and put it in a USPS box for fake internet points.

Either way, congrats on the Switch.

oxidax

Can't wait for the "I got scammed" threads from people ordering from third parties after being inspired by this thread.

I was going down that road after seeing all sub $200 switch sells popping up here and there. Hard pass lol I can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom