• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GF bought a Nintendo Switch from a 3rd party on Amazon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersK

they have got to be stolen

what other reason could third party sellers have to sell these hot items for this low?

Maybe they're rogue Nintendo employes determined to let the switch reach the hands of proletariat despite the ridicoulous supply shortage. Remember, its morally right to robin hood Nintendo only.

jett

D-Member
OP is actually a front for scammer accounts on amazon and is trying to make them more appealing.

Gotta think in 4 dimensions GAF, or you will get outplayed.
afd.jpg_large

peteykirch doing work

gamma

OP bought a $600 Switch from a scalper on ebay so he doesn't have to admit that he got scammed

wake up people

Ceres

Banned
OP bought a $600 Switch from a scalper on ebay so he doesn't have to admit that he got scammed

wake up people

Maybe OP is scammer selling these for 199 so people will now buy from him.
Edit: looks like people got that covered.

Frostburn

Is there some damage on the touchscreen of the switch itself? Hard to tell from the pictures but still a great deal on a Switch!

FairyD

I was hoping to see a picture of a badly made light switch or something.

Like that other thread of Kanye West shoes where the guy put them on and everything. Oh god I was fucking dying from laughter from that one.

Instro

Grey market hardware, the new hotness.

I was hoping to see a picture of a badly made light switch or something.

Like that other thread of Kanye West shoes where the guy put them on and everything. Oh god I was fucking dying from laughter from that one.

A 3D printed Switch would have been great.

d1ddy

Then they're the dumbest thief in America....why not sell it for $299 or even $250?

Do you know how credit card scammers operate ?? They buy a whole bunch shit like this (video game consoles, iPads etc) with a fake CC then sell it really cheap so it's gone asap. I watched a video where a guy posted an iPad he scammed on Craigslist at such a good price by the time he got from his hotel room to the lobby he had more than 5 replies, that's just an elevator ride a couple floors. They really don't give a fuck because the money is still free lol

jadedm17

I wouldn't but he (or his girlfriend) already has... now all he can do is deal with the problem the best way possible from here on out, which is what I'm suggesting.

If he can cancel it then great, but apparently he can't or wont. Just saying "you shouldn't have done that" isn't helpful in the slightest.

Common sense isn't that common, so laughing at the OP is helpful to us.

OP thinks someone bought a system and decided to go through the hassle of selling online and shipping for a $100 loss then to return said system that came out weeks ago. It's funny.

Rykuen

If the OP can do it, I can do it too!

QEuv0Xn.png

I actually have no faith this thing is getting delivered but I had to try.

This story still sound all kind of alarm for me.

I am not saying I don't believe OP, but I would not buy from the same seller for a 100 discount even if you give me the chance. There is just something doesn't seem right.

The only explanation is these batch of machines didn't pass QC, and they were stolen and resold. I have encountered new lens like it. You could buy them for half of the listed price. However repackaged shady gray market goods don't show up during launch period. So that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom