• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostface Killah Provides MF DOOM Joint Album Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Coming February fam

While speaking with LetsLinkRadio.com, Wu-Tang Clan spitter Ghostface Killah rattled down the list of projects he’s currently working on, or is hoping to release in the near future.
Among those projects is a follow-up to Supreme Clientele, which the rapper said he’s currently “finishing up.” He added that the project will be “a monster” for all real rap heads.
Ghostface later revealed that MF DOOM wants to release their joint project in February 2016. The album is tentatively titled DOOMStarks, and has been in the works for over a decade.
“Finishing up my Supreme Clientele,” Ghostface Killah said. “That’s gonna be a monster. To all real rap heads, that’s gonna be a monster. I’m proud of that project. I just hope every sample gets cleared. And then they’ll see what I’m talking about. I just got a bunch of things going on. This Wu-Goo project. We got music on this Wu-Goo project right here. We gonna be releasing every month…I talked to Doom people. Doom is ready now…So, he said he wants to drop that in February. He said he wants to drop that in February.”
Ghostface also offered details on one of his newest projects, Wu-Goo.
“Wu-Goo, for those that don’t know, it’s the new Dynamite Stix,” he said. “You got the hash oils inside the stick. Real clean oils…But basically it’s the pen…We got the best scientists behind it. Especially with the Speakeasy. The best weed. The best oils. It’s clean. It ain’t dirty. It’s organic. And I think we can make a lot of noise here with this. With this new product we got. I think it’s gonna be the next step.”

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36812/title.ghostface-killah-provides-mf-doom-joint-album-update

Dereck

tzTPSUm.gif

Holy shit, Ghostface doing a collaboration with MF DOOM, how have I not heard about this until now?!?! I thought I was a fan, but now I realize I'm just a complete noob.

Dereck

I mean Ghost can say whatever he wants but I'll just ignore him until I see a tracklist.

He's had a history with talking about this album's release date.

ant1532

Banned
"doom is ready now" could possibly mean he may be able to travel to the states now. a huge setback for the albums release could have been due to doom not having a cleared visa to come to the states and tour it. music artists make their money off touring, maybe doom was holding out so he can actually get paid off releasing it.

Holy shit, Ghostface doing a collaboration with MF DOOM, how have I not heard about this until now?!?! I thought I was a fan, but now I realize I'm just a complete noob.

damn its been in "talks- thought about being done...to maybe" nearly a decade ago.

lol i really hope it does comeout, one of the best wu tang members when it comes to quality and rhyming

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
damn its been in "talks- thought about being done...to maybe" nearly a decade ago.

lol i really hope it does comeout, one of the best wu tang members when it comes to quality and rhyming
They've already released like 4 joints that were gonna be on the album
All quality

Angels
Victory Laps
Raygun (I think)
Lively Hood

Dude's been saying this like forever. I probably believe Jay Electronica more at this point. But to be fair, Ghost has been putting out multiple projects on a regular basis for the last few years and apparently Doom has been sitting on a few stuff as well.

KingV

"doom is ready now" could possibly mean he may be able to travel to the states now. a huge setback for the albums release could have been due to doom not having a cleared visa to come to the states and tour it. music artists make their money off touring, maybe doom was holding out so he can actually get paid off releasing it.

MF Doom is known for not actually touring himself. He's been sending impostors to tour dates for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom