• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostlight is asking if we would like to see more JRPGs on PC

2San

More JRPG's on pc would be great, since there's a distinct lack of it. Especially those that are PSP exclusive would be nice for me personally.
It seems unlikely that this would be Falcom related, since they already have a deal with XSeed.
Do they still care about TitS though?

Almighty

Never heard of Ghostlight before, but looking on Wikipedia at some of the games they've published all I can say is YES. I would be very interested in a PC port of some of those games or really any good JRPG new or old.

Never heard of Ghostlight before, but looking on Wikipedia at some of the games they've published all I can say is YES. I would be very interested in a PC port of some of those games or really any good JRPG new or old.

To use a comparison: if Rising Star was Atlus US, Ghostlight would probably be Aksys (although tbf they're probably closer to NIS America were it not for the fact that NIS America has a European branch and publishes pretty much all the games they release in the States over here).

antitrop

Looking at that list I don't want a single one of those games, but I would be willing to support this effort for those who did.

ArjanN

Looking at that list I don't want a single one of those games, but I would be willing to support this effort for those who did.

There's some good stuff there like Persona, SMT Digital Devil Saga, Shadow Hearts etc.

I'd probably buy whatever they put out just to support them as well anyway.

wrowa

It seems unlikely that this would be Falcom related, since they already have a deal with XSeed.

Ghostlight was the European publisher of TitS, though. If there's work needed to be done to put the game on Steam, it's not completely unlikely that they would get Ghostlight to do the programming work (since XSeed doesn't have development resources).

Sentenza

Not sure if thread-worthy but Ghostlight just confirmed that their first PC port is coming:

Hi everyone. As you know, one of the things we’ve been working on recently is to bring some great console JRPGs to PC gamers and we may have just had a bit of a breakthrough: I have just heard that the contracts have all been agreed and we have signed Ghostlight’s first PC game.
icon_smile.gif
This game has had a western release in its home console guise, but at the moment I’m unable to reveal more than that. But I’m sure we will be revealing more details in the coming weeks.

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/a-contract-signed

Kenka

Not sure if thread-worthy but Ghostlight just confirmed that their first PC port is coming:

Hi everyone. As you know, one of the things we’ve been working on recently is to bring some great console JRPGs to PC gamers and we may have just had a bit of a breakthrough: I have just heard that the contracts have all been agreed and we have signed Ghostlight’s first PC game.
icon_smile.gif
This game has had a western release in its home console guise, but at the moment I’m unable to reveal more than that. But I’m sure we will be revealing more details in the coming weeks.

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/a-contract-signed
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne would be sweet like honey.

Sentenza

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne would be sweet like honey.
I wonder if they are going to make the usual mistake in these cases:

"Just to test the ground we are going to port a bad game no one gives a damn about".
*Sometime later*
"Well, it looks like no one cared about our uninteresting game, experiment aborted".

ArjanN

I wonder if they are going to make the usual mistake in these cases:

"Just to test the ground we are going to port a bad game no one gives a damn about".
*Sometime later*
"Well, it looks like no one cared about our uninteresting game, experiment aborted".

Well, it's generally probably also a matter of what they can actually get.

Meh, i'd rather have something PS3/360, PS2 games can be easily emulated and everyone has a PS2 anyway.

I think there's probably quite a few PC only gamers who didn't own a PS2. Emulation also isn't nearly as convenient as being natively available on Steam.
Aslo there's probably a lot less jRPS to choose from 360/PS3. The upside is they wouldn't look as dated as PS2 stuff.

Top Bottom