• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be:
- trying to find the final bomb, with only the audio clues (no yellow cloud on the radar)
- surviving Fortune
- Fatman himself

I'm guessing surviving Fortune, or is that less difficult than I remember it?

jgminto

Fatman is pretty difficult but damn satisfying when you actually beat him, especially with a stamina kill.

It could be:
- trying to find the final bomb, with only the audio clues (no yellow cloud on the radar)
- surviving Fortune
- Fatman himself

I'm guessing surviving Fortune, or is that less difficult than I remember it?

It's not difficult when you know you're not meant to fight.

LeBart

I bet it's the backtracking. After taking care of the bombs you need to go back to Stillman's room, then go back to strut A and down the elevator, then back up and towards strut E (I think) to fight Fatman.

I can see Drew being really annoyed by that.

derFeef

Hah, their new office?
https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/status/534834224243961856

B2wczDbCYAECM5v.jpg:large

Welp...I finally did it. I've been visiting the site and listening to the Bombcast since '08 I think, but I finally took the plunge and became a proper paying subscriber. Paying to subscribe to a website still leaves me feeling a little unpure. I kind of feel like I need to go home and take a shower...and then MARATHON METAL GEAR SCANLON!!!

First premium video watched/watching : Demo Derby: Sega Dreamcast

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I used to be quite the video gamesman, and produced several high quality videos demonstrating my elite ability. Most were accompanied by similarly high quality musical pieces. Those with discerning tastes might be familiar with them: Darude - Sandstorm, Disturbed - Liberate, Disturbed - Voices, Static X - Anything But This, Hoobastank - Without a Fight.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
These WWE 2K15 gifs from Alex's twitter are magical

QuarterlySkinnyAlaskanmalamute.gif

I think I'm most surprised about the appropriate reaction to the voodoo belt.

The hell? They better bring story creator back next year with "CM Punk uses telepathy to steal the belt" as one of the scenarios.

daydream

Banned
Worthy of a new post:

Seems like some Premium content is going free on YT, starting with this Flight Club video (although it's 'unavailable' at the moment). From the description:

Hey,

If you solely check our stuff out on YouTube, you may not be aware that we do plenty of Premium video content on our site. We're going to be periodically unlocking some of that content and throwing it up on YouTube for you to check out if you like.

We're running a Premium membership sale at the moment, so if you're interested, you can sign up for a year for $35: [...]

Looks like they are going to be giving a little taste of Premium Content on the Youtube channel from time to time. I think that's a great idea.

I used to be quite the video gamesman, and produced several high quality videos demonstrating my elite ability. Most were accompanied by similarly high quality musical pieces. Those with discerning tastes might be familiar with them: Darude - Sandstorm, Disturbed - Liberate, Disturbed - Voices, Static X - Anything But This, Hoobastank - Without a Fight.
Excuse me, but no exhibition of video game skill is complete without Drowning Pool's evergreen hit, "Bodies."

Five star Jeff reviews have become such a lucrative thing, only achieved by the best games and Mortal Kombat.

It's been over a year since the last Jeff five-star! Looking forward to Mortal Kombat X breaking that streak.

justjim89

I didn't like any of the boss fights in MGS2. None of them were even close to as memorable as the ones in MGS1, except for maybe the final boss fight.

now, MGS3, there's a game that has some fantastic bosses. The End alone is better than anything in MGS2.

it's been years, but i remember using mines, i think. I never had a issue with it, just thought he sucked as a boss and that the fight is meh.

That's my problem with MGS2, just none of it is very fun compared to Twin Snakes or Snake Eater. There's the academic argument many will tout that "Kojima intentionally made a game to subvert expectations and come across as an artificial imitation of MGS!" But in the end, all nonsensical waxing of philosophical aside, it's not as fun of a game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best of the series, I'm confident Drew will see that.

bonercop

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the biggest asshole boss in MGS2: Fucking vamp.

oh my god. i'm getting the shakes just thinking about that boss fight. motherfucker took me literally dozens of retries. maybe over a hundred. and the fight takes at least 20 minutes everytime. and i usually died 15 minutes in on some total bullshit and uughhh

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I wonder if when they get to
The End in MGS3
that Dan tells Drew to take a break, then they come back later to "finish" it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Excuse me, but no exhibition of video game skill is complete without Drowning Pool's evergreen hit, "Bodies."

Ha, I actually think we had a clan video (featuring me among others, but not made by me) using that song. I probably didn't want to be uncool and use the same one for my own videos. Because, you know, that would be the uncool part of it all.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the biggest asshole boss in MGS2: Fucking vamp.

oh my god. i'm getting the shakes just thinking about that boss fight. motherfucker took me literally dozens of retries. maybe over a hundred. and the fight takes at least 20 minutes everytime. and i usually died 15 minutes in on some total bullshit and uughhh

I think it might be the most annoying boss for Drew so far, especially if he's given no hints. Having replayed 1, 2, and 3 consecutively recently, he was probably the most frustrating boss out of all three games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom