• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Witcher 3 over the weekend and now I have that post giant game hole to fill I normally get after beating a huge game.

I could do the DLC but I kinda want a break for a few weeks... or months.

I think I might get The Taken King. I have the PSN funds for that and the bloodborne DLC. I dunno.

Or I might just try playing The Wticher 1. That game is such a PC ass PC game. And from CDPR when they where at their maximum eastern Europe developer mode. Where a game gave no damns about usability but just piled systems on top of systems on top of systems and had a difficulty curve as genital as walking into a wall.

Tubobutts

I just had a random thought. If Giant Bomb started doing educational stuff, I would pay so much attention and learn so much. I know they aren't about to start doing math lessons or anything, but a history podcast would be cool. I have a feeling Drew, Brad, Vinny and Austin would be on board. Every month or so, they could cover an event or time period. It would be fun.

I don't want to be a huge asshole, but Giant Bomb does not have a good record of knowing things about history.

Anjin M

I finished Witcher 3 over the weekend and now I have that post giant game hole to fill I normally get after beating a huge game.

I think I might get The Taken King. I have the PSN funds for that and the bloodborne DLC. I dunno.

Or I might just try playing The Wticher 1. That game is such a PC ass PC game. And from CDPR when they where at their maximum eastern Europe developer mode. Where a game gave no damns about usability but just piled systems on top of systems on top of systems and had a difficulty curve as genital as walking into a wall.
Before I go, I need to ask why no one pointed out the use of the word genital in that last sentence instead of gentle. Come on, people. You are slipping.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Actually I think Witcher 1 is light on systems compared to its sequels. The combat is also easy as fuck - it is a simple rhythm action game, weirdly.

fuck just saw the new thread :'(

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, on the Beastcast last week they talked about Witcher 1 like it's some incomprehensible CRPG, but the combat is mostly pick-a-stance-and-sword and then do the Gears active-reload thing over and over. It's not a hard game, but it sure has more of that famous Euro RPG jank you would expect from a Risen or Gothic.

Later on they went into CDPR fixing their games, but Witcher 1 actually got a whole new release a year later. I love the game, it's my favourite Witcher entry, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone today.

Yeah, on the Beastcast last week they talked about Witcher 1 like it's some incomprehensible CRPG, but the combat is mostly pick-a-stance-and-sword and then do the Gears active-reload thing over and over. It's not a hard game, but it sure has more of that famous Euro RPG jank you would expect from a Risen or Gothic.

Later on they went into CDPR fixing their games, but Witcher 1 actually got a whole new release a year later. I love the game, it's my favourite Witcher entry, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone today.

it's the best story in the series by no small margin, imo, but yeah it's not an easy game to recommend

Jintor

watching austin play wwe2k15 and commentator yelling NOT 2DAY 2FAST has me flashing back to that year I pretty much just watched VGCW every week

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Fallout is weird.
After like 3 hours I already have ~30 health packs, a minigun (ammo: 600), multiple shotguns (ammo ~80), a high powered sniper rifle (~60), some other rifles, a shitload of pistols and a power armor.
I don't really feel like I have to scavange for supplies....

Fallout is weird.
After like 3 hours I already have ~30 health packs, a minigun (ammo: 600), multiple shotguns (ammo ~80), a high powered sniper rifle (~60), some other rifles, a shitload of pistols and a power armor.
I don't really feel like I have to scavange for supplies....

They had to dumb it down for the masses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom