• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

2922333-cp_sniperelite4_ql_02232017.00_06_43_27.still001.jpg

Quick Look: Sniper Elite 4
Dan might not be the most elite sniper the world has known, but the guy knows how to enjoy his job.
---

As expected, amazing episode of Beast in the East. Revisiting those moments are still as enjoyable as the first time I went through'em.

ClyPbTr.gif

I'm surprised the meme has the lifespan it does... How long before more corporations get their hands on it and really drive it into the ground?

Like all memes, it's already getting runned into the ground.

Coffee is bad

Good man, drank coffee once. Never again.

Meguro

Banned
Coffee is good
Bloodborne is maybe the best game From has made since Demons Souls
Beast in the East needs to come out more often.

Bloodborne is truly the coffee of video games

Factually correct in its greatness.

So is it worth the $47 to own the Fast and Furious 7 disc bluray box set? Or should I just rent each movie for $4 when they do another Film and 40s? I've never seen any of the movies, but I've been somewhat interested to see what they're all about.

A new sniper elite game, sure hope Dan doesn't say something silly about history again.

Dan: You play as an Italian guy
Vin: Italian American?
Dan: I dont know.

Yes Dan their going to release a game where you fight with the Nazis.

SMH

Xater

If you think that price is the value of the dock, boy you're crazy.

Nope I don't. Making this thing small and portable is the problem. I still think it's too expensive. If you made it a console only, power, cooling and screen are a non issue. That sure as hell would drive the price down.

imBask

Banned
add estus flask to bloodborne and my opinion of the game would've changed completely

I suck at video games, don't make me grind for potions

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the gimmick part are the Joycons. That would still work. But none of this is going to happen. Creating a barely portable handheld with a gimmick and then sticking to it forever is the Nintendo way of life.

Ketch

lets be honest here,

Dark Souls is not only the best From game, it's best action game and best rpg of this decade

Of the decade?

I would give it of the 360/PS3 generation easily..... but decade? That requires a lot more thinking.

Name a better action rpg that came out for 360/PS3

Then name a different better arpg that came out in the last 10 years

Also, if they wanted to make the switch cheaper they should have forgone the removal controllers, touch screen, and waggle. Just give me a bad ass vita with built in super vita tv what plays Nintendo games and then make amazing Nintendo games. why the fuck can't Nintendo just keep it simple?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dark souls is totally the best ARPG of all time
if they heavily edited down the parts after you get the lord vessel.

I still prefer demon's souls in a lot of ways honestly. The interconnected part of dark souls was magical though. Honestly some of the greatest level designs I've experienced in terms of making an incredibly compact, connected world.

Google

So is it worth the $47 to own the Fast and Furious 7 disc bluray box set?

Probably not.

I mean; do you not have another way of watching those movies? They're coming on for 20 15-20 years old. Borrow from rents? Watch on cable? Stream them?

Regardless, my suggestion is that while the (some) of the films are fun and dumb, spending $50 to own them seems like a waste of money when you're not even sure if you like them.

(Just buy Tokyo Drift)

Hindl

Dark souls is totally the best ARPG of all time
if they heavily edited down the parts after you get the lord vessel.

I still prefer demon's souls in a lot of ways honestly. The interconnected part of dark souls was magical though. Honestly some of the greatest level designs I've experienced in term of making an incredibly compact, connected world.

Agreed, first half of Dark Souls is amazing, but once you clear Anor Londo it takes a nosedive, just becomes busy work. And part of the reason is that it loses that interconnectedness from the early half of the game. New Londo Ruins are completely separate from Duke's Archives which are completely separate from Tomb of Giants which are completely separate from Lost Izalith. Compare that to when you find the shortcut that takes you back to Firelink from the Church, or when you go up Havel's Tower to end up in Undead Burg. It's like two separate games almost

I feel like I'm the only person in the world that hates Estus Flasks and was glad when Bloodborne didn't have it.

The major downside Bloodborne system had was that you had to farm the damn things when you were starting out. I'd also argue that the estsus system works out better for a slower game, and having something like vials would make healing too easy in Dark Souls.

Probably not.

I mean; do you not have another way of watching those movies? They're coming on for 20 15-20 years old. Borrow from rents? Watch on cable? Stream them?

Thanks!

I'm trying to see if I can borrow a few from a friend(s), those I can't I'll just rent for $4 on Amazon. I couldn't find any service that streams them and I don't have cable.

Curufinwe

add estus flask to bloodborne and my opinion of the game would've changed completely

I suck at video games, don't make me grind for potions

You don't need to grind, you just use the spare currency you have left after leveling up to buy blood vials, which are pretty cheap.

You don't need to grind, you just use the spare currency you have left after leveling up to buy blood vials, which are pretty cheap.

I almost wish there was a message somewhere in the dream saying to do this. Obviously goes against the Souls philosophy of obfuscating everything but definitely feel like it would have solved almost everyone's problem of running out when they got stuck on a boss and having to grind. Definitely worked for me when I started doing that.

Meneses

Man, Shadow of Mordor threads are sure gonna be something due to them creating a new ring and including a black character.

Not sure which one will get these people more riled up, though I suspect it's the latter.

Dineren

Banned
I should not be watching this Horizon quick look. Game looks great, but with Nioh still to finish and Zelda coming Friday I do not have nearly enough time for it.

lets be honest here,

Dark Souls is not only the best From game, it's best action game and best rpg of this decade
I'd be on board with this.
Man, Shadow of Mordor threads are sure gonna be something due to them creating a new ring and including a black character.

Not sure which one will get these people more riled up, though I suspect it's the latter.
Actually, in my annoyance at having a new ring / continuing to contort Celebrimbor in unimaginable ways [just don't do a modernish Middle Earth game, hell it could be really cool to do an actual Celebrimbor era game!] I didn't consider that yeah, diversifying LotR is a significant step.

I'm suddenly a bit more on board with the game. Hmm.

Hindl

I actually felt like a piece of shit when I watched the trailer because all I could think of was "none of this makes any sense. You're just making a new ring?" And then I thought I shouldn't care about it that much, it's just a game and we already knew from Shadow of Mordor that the fiction is made up in these games. Missed the thing about the black character though, that's cool

Top Bottom