• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Extra Life 2016 - Streaming Games For The Kids!!

Strax

I hope for next year, the script only allows comments for donations above a specified amount. So you can say something creepy, but you also donated $100 to charity.

The one guy donating with the creepy messages is only doing $2.

That really sucks. I would hate to have them turn off those comments because there has been a lot of awesome and sweet comments made by donators. It's a charity for kids too, come on people! I know it's only a few people, but I've really hated some of the comments made about both Mary and Erica tonight. Both are awesome, and it really sucks to see that stuff. Thankfully the vast majority of people have been great and the mods have handled that stuff quickly.

Did they turn off comments because of people harassing Mary and Erica?

NightOnyx

Did they turn off comments because of people harassing Mary and Erica?

Unfortunately so. It is really too bad that a few people ruined it for everyone. There was a lot of wonderful comments made by donators. One in particular was really incredible where the donator gave a lot of money in memory of his brother who died young and spent a lot of time in a children's hospital like the one Giantbomb is supporting through Extra Life. You can still read the comments on Extra Life's website, and I recommend reading them if you have the time. The vast majority of them are great.

strafer

Unfortunately so. It is really too bad that a few people ruined it for everyone. There was a lot of wonderful comments made by donators. One in particular was really incredible where the donator gave a lot of money in memory of his brother who died young and spent a lot of time in a children's hospital like the one Giantbomb is supporting through Extra Life. You can still read the comments on Extra Life's website, and I recommend reading them if you have the time. The vast majority of them are great.

Fucking hell. I thought the GB community was better than this. Disgusting.

NightOnyx

Fucking hell. I thought the GB community was better than this. Disgusting.

GB community has been great! It was literally just a few people and everyone in the chat immediately got pissed off about it and demanded the mods take action, which they did quickly. Seriously, 99 percent of people in the chat have been wonderful. I never meant to make them look bad. There will always be idiots that do that stuff, especially on the internet, but I was very proud to see the chat having none of it and making sure that it's a place that welcomes everyone.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Where can I find the very beginning of Alexis and Drew's stream? The YouTube link seems to start right in the middle of them playing.

Where can I find the very beginning of Alexis and Drew's stream? The YouTube link seems to start right in the middle of them playing.

Youtube only allows viewers to scrub back a few hours into multi hour streams currently in progress. You will have to wait until it ends and YT automatically processes the entire video - which will be available at the same link it is now. The whole 24 hours will then be available to watch in one massive video. This usually occurs a few hours after the stream ends.

GB themselves will also put up the video on their own player - in about 12 separate parts - but they will take a bit longer to go live as they have to do all the encoding/uploading in-house.

Not my type of game but it kind of seems like a bad idea to play a slow game at the moment? Anyways 39 minutes left!

Here's the Google Doc that chat mods are updating with all of the games played: http://bit.ly/2f1BWMp

Awesome, this should be in the OP. I've been posting updates when I was here for the casual viewers of the stream to know when they check out this thread. Never knew about this link even.

Jason and family for me, they usually have a warm and cozy stream plus they answer a bunch of questions and are always engaging with the community.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
NO MAYO

Seriously they've been up over 24 hours so I don't know what they expected playing TeeKO at this point would turn into lol

xnrppE0.gif

As a bottom, you get to choose.

Top Bottom