• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Extra Life 2016 - Streaming Games For The Kids!!

2663274-thread+banner.jpg

News Post on Giant Bomb Dot Com

Extra Life Page (Donate here)
Extra-Life is awesome. It's a time in the year where the Giant Bomb team raises money for children's hospitals.

So help us! We'll be playing video games for 24hrs straight. Further damaging our already fragile minds in the hopes that you'll through a couple dollars our way.

In years past the Giant Bomb team has placed 3rd out of several thousand teams. At the very least I want to secure that spot again. Let's do it #ForTheKids

Where to Watch
* www.giantbomb.com/chat
* YouTube

Schedule
Giant Bomb will begin streaming on Friday 6AM (Pacific) up through Monday at 9AM (Pacific). Throughout the weekend we will see numerous streams featuring your favorite Giant Bomb personalities.
They also plan on doing more streams in the coming weeks.

tgBvGoV.png

The First Stream (12hrs) ARCHIVE
t1478264400z4.png

Giant Bomb Extra Life kicks off with everyone's favorite, Alex Navarro. We are not sure what games he'll bring besides Rock Band but I'm sure he'll figure something out.

The Second Stream (2hrs)
t1478296800z4.png

We take it to the Giant Bomb West offices where Unprofessional Friday, Giant Bomb's weekly premium show, is free for everyone this week.

The Third Stream (6hrs) ARCHIVE
t1478307600z4.png

Giant Bomb's Vincent Caravella streams till midnight. Maybe he will break out the guitar?

Maybe Stream
Matt Rorie might stream during this gap.

The Fourth Stream (24hrs)
t1478361600z4.png

Drew and Twitch's own Alexis Gallisá hunker down in the studio for the full 24 hours. They usually have GameSpot and Giant Bomb staff drop by throughout the 24 hours. Bring out the N64, Drew.

The Fifth Stream (8hrs)
t1478448000z4.png

The Oestreicher family streams once again. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an all GOD EATER stream.

The Final Stream (24hrs)
t1478448000z4.png

Iron Galaxy's Dave Lang streams for the full 24 hours. Last year we witnessed him getting monked in Until Dawn, what other fun-dumb moments will ensue.

Games They've Played
Hey, hi - GB Mod here: We are running this spreadsheet keeping up with the games and donations etc. - feel free to add to OP or if anyone wants in helping - just shout me: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X28ttX0c7oExPzV9vv-Rhg0f9QIb-wr3Hn5nBwqWrWI/edit#gid=0
9vzaO5W.png

You Ask: Where is Jeff?
I4myjZm.png

#ForTheKids
RemorsefulFlamboyantGordonsetter.gif

used myggen's format from last year. thanks m

I'm so sad that I'm going to miss significant portions of the Drew and Alexis Show (and Ian and Danny and Mary and Dave maybe??!?!?!!??). I love all GB Extra Life streams equally but I love Drew and Alexis's Halo marathons MORE equally. Glad I'll at least be around for Alex and Vinny, though.

Also, I think Jeff mentioned on Twitter that he was going to try to do an Extra Life thing next weekend? He just couldn't schedule anything in this weekend.

We couldn't even get a day stream of Alex and Vinny together?

Drew/Alexis and Jason's streams are the only ones I look forward to anymore just because I can't really get into watching one person streaming alone. Been bummed since they went to the solo shorter stream schedules.

Damn, it's clear he's practiced that song quite a bit. Or maybe Alex is just a super awesome drummer, I don't know which.

EDIT: orrrrrr he has No-Fail Mode on!

dkeane

When I go to the page linked I get a JOIN TEAM button next to Giant Bomb, this isn't a donate option.
If I click donate it seems like it's not connected to Giantbomb in any way. Am I missing something?

crush7337

Banned
Watching this makes me really want to get back into Rock Band drums. At the height of Rock Band 2 I was really considering buying an ION drum kit.

kiguel182

Blink 182, hell yeah.

Best segment so far.

EDIT: Alex is an actual drummer. He played in Jeff's band. Get your Giant Bomb lore on people.

daveo42

Banned
High level drum play in Rock Band is mesmerizing. It's almost like Alex is a wizard hitting all those notes.

Edit: And yes I know he's actually a drummer.

Catvoca

Banned
I'm sure this will be great but I'm kind of bummed there's so many solo streams. I find them way more interesting with multiple people.

I prefer these streams when there are at least two people. Solo streams are kinda boring. Oh well, it's great that they are doing this of course and I look forward to Drew & Alexis.

How is this not known? It's every time he talks about the band he used to be in or when they talk about Rock Band peripherals. His previous job at Harmonix wasn't a lie you guys.

Oops. I knew he had been in a band but I never knew what instrument until now. I also didn't really think about the Harmonix thing (I know so many people who have jobs at companies and don't actually partake often of that company's products!). I didn't say it would've been ridiculous for him to be a drummer, I just didn't know!

On stream: VINNY MANIA

Top Bottom