• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Extra Life 2016 - Streaming Games For The Kids!!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just realized I haven't watched anything on Giant Bomb in like two months.

Rainmaker

Banned
Wasn't sure about it going in but this stream is really hitting the mark for me this morning. Alex has become so enjoyable since GB East was created.

sweet lord...

Maybe it's not too late to get Rock Band.

Only game i have is Guitar Hero: Metallica.

But Rock Band seems way cooler.

You've never played a Rock Band game?

Man, if you have any interest at all outside the guitar, or if you always hoped for a larger library than any Guitar Hero game has ever had, you should definitely get Rock Band 4. I think you can get 4 and the Rivals expansion in one $59.99 package; your GH: Metallica guitar might still be compatible, even (but double-check first!). Not sure if the PDP drums fixed the issues the MadCatz drumset for RB4 had, but I absolutely love drumming in Rock Band and would highly encourage you to find a way to get some of that action too.

I would kill to be able to discover Rock Band again for the first time.

strafer

You've never played a Rock Band game?

Man, if you have any interest at all outside the guitar, or if you always hoped for a larger library than any Guitar Hero game has ever had, you should definitely get Rock Band 4. I think you can get 4 and the Rivals expansion in one $59.99 package; your GH: Metallica guitar might still be compatible, even (but double-check first!). Not sure if the PDP drums fixed the issues the MadCatz drumset for RB4 had, but I absolutely love drumming in Rock Band and would highly encourage you to find a way to get some of that action too.

I would kill to be able to discover Rock Band again for the first time.

I have not. But seeing Alex in action and hearing the songs I super into it.

In only 8 donations?

Might not be understanding the Extra Life page correctly, but it looks like that is all just from 8 donations too.

Most of that is actually prize winnings from an Extra Life-associated tournament:

I went to the tournament to meet fellow Extra Lifers, as it is still a hurdle to get people to recognize what we do, and we even had this issue as part of Momentum, an event for the CMN hosptial fundraisers. But after the first day, I had played some games and lost pretty badly at some of them. I ended up playing a game called #IDARB, a strange indie sports title. I got into the top four of the game which meant a minimum of $350 for my hospital. I was stoked to get that much.

Because of #IDARB, I ended up getting to the overall top four out of all the participants and winning $16,250 for the kids. Tell me that isn't a real difference.

Good on that dude!

yO3oqQi.png

Yes.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

GlamFM

Banned
Michael Bublé just announced that his 3 yo has cancer.

Fuck cancer in general, but fuck childhood cancer a little harder.

Go Extra Life!

<3

Top Bottom