• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

It's like the most minor of scenes when they go to the Red Light district for the first time (Shinjuku). The aim I think was to make it seem like these kids don't belong there (which they emphasize at all times before and during). Unfortunately it was gay characters and not women? Feels weird to say it should have been women instead.

I wouldn't say you should prevent yourself from playing it because of that. I don't know what the second time is though.

Those guys just show up again in a similar situation. Seeing them once was enough already. But two 3 minute scenes is still better than Yosuke's entire time in P4. Rewatching the P4 ER and everything around Yosuke teasing Kanji about Naoto is way worse. It's just disappointing to still see that shit in 2017

robotrock

Banned
Austin should sit in on the next Hobby stream and build a Gundam where Vinny talks about his own coin collection and/or builds a gundam and Alex spins as the DJ Hero

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Hope they do more Battlegrounds, GB Co-op has a rich history of being great content but they so rarely deliver it.

That's a dead ringer, The Technomancer. omg

Which reminds me, I really need to catch up on Woopcasts Waypoint Radios. (I've been saying this for a few months now, but I'm serious this time!) Like, I've missed Austin's input on the Beastcast--I really hope their new hires can add a new dimension to the discussions like he did.
How am I going to tell my kids that Drew is no longer here? HUH! They are not going to like it.

giphy.gif

kai3345

Banned
It really needs to be games that allow for an appropriate amount of chaos. I made it about half an hour into their Gears of War GOTY vid

That's why I've been saying for a minute now that I want to see a Dan/Vinny series of them playing Dead Rising 2's co-op mode. Hands down the most fun Co-op experience I've ever had.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I was reading that thread about the median income in SF being 100k, and couldn't help but think about these guys.

How do they live in that city on what can't be big salaries? I know Jeff owns a house, but living right in the area is starting to sound impossible for people with very average salaries.

oti

Banned
I was reading that thread about the median income in SF being 100k, and couldn't help but think about these guys.

How do they live in that city on what can't be big salaries? I know Jeff owns a house, but living right in the area is starting to sound impossible for people with very average salaries.

From an outsider's perspective:

San Francisco = hell on earth
Los Angeles = hell on earth and movies
Chicago = everybody dies
New York = cockroaches
Seattle = nice, but it rains a lot

From an outsider's perspective:

San Francisco = hell on earth
Los Angeles = hell on earth and movies
Chicago = everybody dies
New York = cockroaches
Seattle = nice, but it rains a lot

I've been to SF, LA, and NY. New York is by far the best. I'd even say Atlanta is better than those other two. East Coast babyyyy.

I know they discussed this on a recent podcast but I still can't imagine how it is worth it to operate in SF.

rent control, roommates, living way outside the city. it's doable, but not exactly ideal for a lot of people. as a dude in my 30s, I don't think I could be easily convinced to give up my living situation for an apartment with 2/3 roommates for what I'm paying now.

Valtýr

I'm in NYC, living with my girlfriend. I lived alone for a bit before she moved in and i was barely able to stay afloat. But with splitting the rent it's been pretty easy.

I had 4 different roommates within my 5 years of college, and for every one good time I had with one of them, I would have about ten bad times with another.

NEVER again.
I even had pretty great luck with roommates in college, but for me it's just being able to come home and not have to speak to anyone but my cat. I have to pretend to be an extrovert at work, so when I get home I like to be so introverted I nearly turn inside-out.
How else would you afford all that VR.
:p
That's another thing! Nobody should have to be subjected to the weird way I live.

Scizzy

Brad has been there long enough that his apartment is almost certainly significantly rent controlled. So long as he never moves, he should be able to live in SF in reasonable comfort. Same for Rorie, probably. How Jason does it, I don't know.

Listening to the 1099 episode with Dan as the guest, and I think it's really good.

Dan, on Patreon:

"If it was just *me* going off and doing my own thing, everyone would want to kill me INSTANTLY."

daveo42

Banned
I expect Will to be back again. Or maybe Peter Brown.

I had 4 different roommates within my 5 years of college, and for every one good time I had with one of them, I would have about ten bad times with another.

NEVER again.

I've had some pretty bad roommates in the past. I'm not necessarily against it (I'm living with two other guys right now), but living alone is so much better when you don't have to deal with shit like managing chores, people buying TP, and being able to hear your roommate's gf late at night and needing to crank up the volume on whatever I'm playing/watching.

The worst tho is roommates that fight you on basic shit all of the time cause they are lazy sacks of shit. Had a roommate once who used Axe body wash to clean dishes because he didn't want to spend a dollar on dish soap after waiting near a month to clean them up anyway, even after talking to him about it several times. Ruined everything. That man...he is a walking trash fire. Yet even he somehow got married.

Sorry for going off topic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom