• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Studying the game is a detriment to good play.

Seriously, unless you're a pro, all this does is clutter your mind with moves you want to pull off desperately. Meanwhile the guy who plays on instinct is throwing mostly random shit at you constantly.

Tough to live up to that wild stream from last week. Little bit of an extra bummer to see Vinny get beat (fairly handily) after the initial hype of the fight stick.

jaina

Really wish they hadn't taken a while week off to do another live session. I'd record two a day until Vinny figures it out. The fight stick was probably a mistake.
Dan was in Kansas, thus the long break and "banked" episodes on the last stream.
Now they're hopefully daily again, maybe even being recorded right now

Just noticed that Battleground has custom servers where you can edit the settings of the match. Make the drops 5x more common, crossbows only, melee only, 8 player teams, etc... Now I really want a TNT with gang playing with 100 duders with only crossbows.

2934514-cp_thisistherun_sc_09.00_00_25_13.still001.jpg

This Is the Run: Soulcalibur - Part 09
The tables are turned as a fight stick enters the match and finally puts an end to these shenanigans.

Mr. F

Banned
At a glance people seem excited about Call of Duty WWII I guess. I've been curious whether Jeff's feelings on the series is reflected by the greater playerbase, or if it's just his particular enjoyment of fast shooting that had him wanting more future stuff.

robotrock

Banned
At a glance people seem excited about Call of Duty WWII I guess. I've been curious whether Jeff's feelings on the series is reflected by the greater playerbase, or if it's just his particular enjoyment of fast shooting that had him wanting more future stuff.
jeff loves advanced warfare and everyone sees him as an insane person because of it

kai3345

Banned
kind of wish they'd just taken all that exosuit future stuff and then crammed it into a WWII game. That would have been dumb and fun

Kind of disappointed to know that it's European Theater from the American viewpoint only. Still, looking forward to it.
kind of wish they'd just taken all that exosuit future stuff and then crammed it into a WWII game. That would have been dumb and fun

What I would have done is an all star Call of Duty game where you'd have to fight off an unstoppable force(Thanos equivalent) but you need to bring aboard all the great characters of COD, so the game is essentially a time traveling/cross dimensional journey where you recruit and make one massive army to fight against this threat in the very far future.

That trailer didn't do much for me but this is still the most interested I've been in a CoD game since the last one I played which was... uhh.. Black Ops? Or MW2. Whichever came last.

Mr. F

Banned
American perspective is disappointing, but not surprising. Maybe it'll hop around a bit and just didn't show as much yet.

edit; I say this butt firmly planted in the peanut gallery, I'll continue to not buy/play CoD regardless

I'm excited for Call of Duty to go back to WWII. Call of Duty 2 is still my favorite in the series. Nothing compared to the switch to "HD" back in November of 05. One of my favorite gaming memories, sitting in a pitch black room in a nice lazyboy with a blanket wrapped around me playing 360 and trying to hunker down and crawlin the mud, to try to sneak up and kill nazis.

All the newer games never did anything for me, last CoD that I played for more than an hour or two was Modern Warfare 2 and even then, I didn't enjoy it that much. I've never been into modern or futuristic war.

Can we just think about this for a minute? COD WW2, Destiny 2, Battlefront II, Danganronpa 3, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Yakuza Kiwami, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy & Middle-earth: Shadow of War + whatever is going to be announced or have a release date at E3. WTF is this year.

Mr. F

Banned
I await Jeff's review.

"It looks really sharp, but the mobility feels like a step back from where shooters have moved between Titanfall and Advance Warfare"

"It's cool that people are into the setting and the authenticity of the guns but I just can't get into it"

0/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom