• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Eh I'm with Rorie I love Rick and Morty. There are a few lows but on the whole I think it's amazing. Archer seasons 1-3 were also top tier, it's fallen off since then but I like the characters enough to keep watching, and they've turned it into a serial so that's enough to keep it interesting.

OTOH I never could get into Life and Times of Tim

hamchan

"So many of the DC characters are just god or whatever... that's just boring."

Not that I'm into Marvel or DC stuff really but does jeff realise how up their own ass Marvel is with literal gods and cosmic beings?

Really not as much as DC is in terms of the most popular, well known heroes. Two of DC's big three are pretty much gods to us puny humans.

Even the game is called Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Of all the local multiplayer games Giant Bomb plays, its really only the puzzle games that I actually care about watching. Whether its Tetris Battle Gaiden, Puzzle Fighter, Money Idol/Puzzle Exchanger, etc.

LiK

Of all the local multiplayer games Giant Bomb plays, its really only the puzzle games that I actually care about watching. Whether its Tetris Battle Gaiden, Puzzle Fighter, Money Idol/Puzzle Exchanger, etc.

One of the few game types they can all enjoy and get competitive with.

Joeku

They should just PIP Brad perpetually failing at PUBG and Jeff playing Puyo Puyo Tetris for two hours and call it a goddamn day.

hamchan

There's a lot of cool games that are out right now that they can have a fun multiplayer show with on UPF like Puyo Puyo, Mario Kart, Battlegrounds, so they'll probably play a 2d pixel art indie game.

LiK

There's a lot of cool games that are out right now that they can have a fun multiplayer show with on UPF like Puyo Puyo, Mario Kart, Battlegrounds, so they'll probably play a 2d pixel art indie game.

or another one of those janky 3D platformers.

Strax

It's kinda blowing my mind seeing people calling Rick and Morty not a "joke heavy show". Almost every frame has a joke, visual or audio, imo. Also funny how standards change though. I remember watching some old Simpsons ep. from season 3 or 4 with audio commentary and them talking about how The Simpsons used to be the fastest show on TV, in terms for jokes.

Archer might be the one of two shows I've seen fall off a cliff in quality and come back from it. Sadly this currant season seems to be another fall of a cliff.

I'm torn because I honestly enjoy when they do both.

I like when everyone gets competitive and talks shit (Puyo Puyo, whatever Dan used to come up with, etc), but I also enjoy when they pull a random game out of their ass that I forgot was coming out. Most of those usually seem to be like roguelikes or those types of games, but I still have a fond spot for a lot of them.

derFeef

It's kinda blowing my mind seeing people calling Rick and Morty not a "joke heavy show". Almost every frame has a joke, visual or audio, imo. Also funny how standards change though. I remember watching some old Simpsons ep. from season 3 or 4 with audio commentary and them talking about how The Simpsons used to be the fastest show on TV, in terms for jokes.

Archer might be the one of two shows I've seen fall off a cliff in quality and come back from it. Sadly this currant season seems to be another fall of a cliff.

In terms of heavy hitters it's not very joke heavy I think. Sure the dialogue and imagery is funny but the knee-slappers are very rare (so far). Also yes, Old Simpsons is much better because of the slow build up to the joke.

I like Rick and Morty for the times it gets dark and heavy and when it actually says something. The comedy is funny and good at times, but it's not really what I come to appreciate about the show. I can completely understand someone coming to the show fresh and being put off by it seeming like low or easy humor. Especially in the first few eps where it seemed to rely more on Roiland's randomness more than Harmon's writing.

Hindl

Rick and Morty is bad and not funny.

Yeah but you like wrestling. We can't take your opinion seriously

what the hell is rick and morty?

Adult Swim cartoon. Basically take Doc Brown and Marty from Back to the Future, except Doc Brown is Marty's alcoholic, nihilistic grandfather who disappeared for years and suddenly came back into the family and takes Marty on adventures through multiple universes

TraBuch

Banned
yeah, this seems okay

"What kind of entrance is that?"
Glad to see someone liked it! Anytime I can introduce someone to The Life & Times of Tim and they like it, it was a day well spent.

When I first saw it, I was sold immediately. Have always been surprised that an HBO show could be so obscure.

Hjod

Banned
Rick and Morty is bad and not funny.

Sorry Dan, but you're wrong.

Talking about good stuff, I'm going through the Kerbal Project B.E.A.S.T and I searched the GB-site and stumbled onto a trailer for Project Beast (Bloodborne) and maaaan, now I have to get the Platinum for that game, as my backlog wasn't big enough.

Eesh, Marvel Heroes Omega cranks the inventory monetisation up to 11. It's way worse than the PC version. Like, the crafting and loot stuff is 100% designed to aggravate players into microtransactions and the console UI isn't going to do that system any favours.

It's a shame, because MH is an oddly fun game. If they found a way to make money without resorting to such awful tactics I think they'd have a really solid game.

I love rick and morty.
-----

Hey guys took a break from P5 last night and played some what remains of edith finch. OMG that game is so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom