• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

I can't wait to find out if the Androids have feelings and the humans are bad.
I already had those reservations but whatever it's a David Cage game. But then the demo they showed off at E3 had to deal with oppressed minorities rising up against their masters and taking back control and it deals with some very complex issues and moral dilemmas. But then those are solved by binary choices filling a meter and then he says, "Oh this isn't supposed to be political, I'm just making a game about androids". I'm sure this subject matter will be handled delicately and with the gravity that it deserves

i don't even know how you can convey androids and what not suffering

im a robot with feelings humans are ze bad

shut up

you're a fucking piece of metal

you dont actually have feelings

you are literally humans servants

your dicks dont even work

im rooting for the humans 100%

i swear to fuck, if david cage makes the dicks work...

oti

Banned
I think they deleted the tweet.
Still, embarrassing behaviour.

This game is kinda weird overall. I remember how quickly people fell in love with Kara way back when it was a tech demo and now the overall anticipation for this game seems kinda.... eh.

shut up

your a fucking piece of metal

I can see I'm not wanted here.

shut up

your a fucking piece of metal

Whoa hey now. Haven't you watched the Second Renaissance in the Animatrix? This is exactly the kind of thinking that led us to the human/machine war.

ZaB8aC3.gif

Damn, 4mil sold on PUBG? Can't imagine what the XBOX release will add to that number. If ARK can make a killing, this sure can.

daveo42

Banned
I continue to read things about games I'm currently playing that I shouldn't. Not that it makes me less interested, but it can ruin some of the "fun"

In fact its not a shower scene at all, its simply a car getting tuned up.

What if Press X to Jason becomes Press X to Honk?

God, David Cage bringing in Trackamania's horn for Press to Honk would be incredible.

shut up

Can we hit on the robot like I'm Piers Morgan?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If it's selling this well at full price while in early access there's no real reason to tbh

Yeah that's true. I also wanted guilty gear revelator with the rev 2 update but that wasn't on sale either.

So i bought 3 VNs instead.

This sale sucks!

Strax

My girlfriend is going to Las Vegas for 7 days.
What are the odds of her being able to walk into a Target (or other store) and buy a Switch?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I bought 4 games and already refunded one.
Dead Cells is legit though

shut up

I'm gonna blow your mind:
Maybe, the Androids are an analogy for something
Slavery is bad kids, don't buy slaves.

I do appreciate a good PC port. Wasn't Dishonored 2 pretty rough at launch, performance-wise?

It was but they fixed it and it's a fantastic fucking game.
Tomb Raider is more modernTomb Raider, if you like that

I thought I'd go back and watch Beast In The East and I'm on the second episode and look I like him but Alex is making this near unwatchable. It's like a teacher scolding a child at points. Please tell me he chills out more?

Phatmac

I thought I'd go back and watch Beast In The East and I'm on the second episode and look I like him but Alex is making this near unwatchable. It's like a teacher scolding a child at points. Please tell me he chills out more?
He chills out more, but Dan takes his place by being annoyed by the combat.

Robots are a terrible analogy for race relations because certain people already treat objects better than actual people. A writer really needs to do more with the concept than the simplistic "android = minority."

Which is gooder, Dishonored 2 or Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Rise is fine, I guess, so I'd pick that. I hate "immersive sims," though.

It was but they fixed it and it's a fantastic fucking game.
Tomb Raider is more modernTomb Raider, if you like that

Rise is fine, I guess, so I'd pick that. I hate "immersive sims," though.

Dishonored 2 by a long shot. I'm about to finish up my second playthrough and I'm most likely gonna go through it again. I'm not sure how the PC port is though.

Edit: Rise of the Tomb Raider is a good game though!

Depends if you want to play a knockoff Uncharted game or one of the best stealth games in years.

Hm, sounds like I can't go wrong either way! I enjoyed the first Dishonored and the previous Tomb Raider a LOT. I couldn't even say which I liked more, hence my asking between the two sequels.

patapuf

Which is gooder, Dishonored 2 or Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I like dishonored 2 a lot. Some of the best level design this gen. The story's so so but enganging enough to string you along.

RoTR is a pretty good TPS. They improved some stuff from TR 2013 but the Story is still a trainwreck. As are pretty much all characters. It's still fun to shoot dudes full of arrows though.

I'd go with dishonored but both are pretty good.

Umineko, steins;gate and kindred spirits on the roof.

2 I've read already and just wanted to reread them on steam.

I really liked kindred spirits. Which surprised me because i usually dislike romance focused stories.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hm, sounds like I can't go wrong either way! I enjoyed the first Dishonored and the previous Tomb Raider a LOT. I couldn't even say which I liked more, hence my asking between the two sequels.

I can tell you that Dishonored 2 has 2 of the best levels ever put in a videogame.

In TR I got weirdly hung up on the "Find all flags" "Destroy all bottles" thing they did for each area (completely optional of course but, well....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom