• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I realized after the last two Bombcasts that I can't stand Ben. I've finished every podcast with ease over the years but am finding myself struggling to do it now. Is anyone else having this problem?

Jeff and Brad haven't done a Quick Look together since Ben was hired

Friendship ended with Jeff.
Now Ben is best friend.

Jeff should have kept the mustache.
1458835689046.gif

Now Brad will grow his again.
949103-s_12388176982375217.jpg

So, I realized after the last two Bombcasts that I can't stand Ben. I've finished every podcast with ease over the years but am finding myself struggling to do it now. Is anyone else having this problem?

He's told me personally that he thinks you're pretty cool. Give the Vincent Price mustache a chance.

Nope, been enjoying them more. Liking Ben a lot so far, adds to the discussions and keeps it interesting.

I think Ben is great, once you get used to his voice, I'd say his humor is closer to my own so I enjoy his QLs and insight.

Rorie and him are great together.

Looking forward to the Bombcast tomorrow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ben's been fine, but I'll judge when he does his own features. Like Jeff is out right now so he's holding the fort down fine with brad.

Antiwhippy

Like honestly though, went through this with patrick, dan/jason, and austin. Austin is probably the one who got the least hate at the start but you definitely saw some.

It takes awhile.

Like honestly though, went through this with patrick, dan/jason, and austin. Austin is probably the one who got the least hate at the start but you definitely saw some.

It takes awhile.

Patrick sure, but Jason hate didnt start until recently.

Austin was East so you know, he was actually a good pick. Ben just feels like they needed to fill a sear and did the most low effort pick.

Antiwhippy

Nah, there was some jason hate at the start, trust me. It's just that Dan took full brunt of it.

And Austin was awesome, but he still saw some heat, and some of it were for very very very bad reasons.

Like I said though, I like ben, but it's true that I want someone to shake things up and provide new features. I appreciate that it's not exactly ideal time with jeff gone and E3 plans coming up.

Telfo

random but I can't believe Bakalar didnt play Persona 5 like he promised months ago. I bet that sweet steel book case is sitting there at his house unopened and very sad :(

Antiwhippy

random but I can't believe Bakalar didnt play Persona 5 like he promised months ago. I bet that sweet steel book case is sitting there at his house unopened and very sad :(

Eh, to be fair the main person who got him on it, Vinny, turned out to be pretty cold on it.

And Alex seems to like it but hasn't been super effusive about it.

And then we got dan with a weird mental phobia to persona.

Not exactly the environment to get someone hot and raring to go at something he's not familiar with.

Also isn't he moving or renovating or something?

I think I dislike Ben cause hes been shoved down our throats. So its not his fault.

Take abby for example, has been in 3 pieces of content. 2 beastcasts and 1 playdate. Enough to form an idea of her tastes, but not enough to really form an opinion of.

Meanwhile Ben is in literally every quicklook and comtent West puts out.

Like relax. You telling me the dynamic sucks that much in West you gotta stick the new guy in everything and see what sticks?

daveo42

Banned
Ben is a replacement for Dan. Those are some massive orthopedic shoes to fill, since Dan is probably the one hire not from the early days of the crew that brought alot of "fresh" content to the site. Abby is primarily a producer and is there to ease the burden on Vinny. She'll be on streams and whatnot, but her role and Ben's are completely different on the site.

Ben's alright. I like his sense of humor, but I'm still not used to his voice and I don't know if I ever will be.

It's something you have to stop thinking about until it goes away. Seriously. It took me a few QLs and a bombcast to get over the voice. I'd say the only thing that I have yet to get over is I think he's trying hard to fit in or prove himself as being a good addition, leading to alot of cross talk and some forced jokes. I think that'll subside as he gets more comfortable in the position.

Antiwhippy

I think I dislike Ben cause hes been shoved down our throats. So its not his fault.

Take abby for example, has been in 3 pieces of content. 2 beastcasts and 1 playdate.

Like relax. You telling me the dynamic sucks that much in West you gotta stick the new guy in everything and see what sticks?

Jeff's gone and abby isn't in an editor role.

If anything I want more Abby, but if it's not part of her job it's not part of it.

xanavi

If like me you're looking for the HD version of BitE you need to replace 3200 with 4000 in the "high" download link. I dunno what's up but the HD version isn't visible on the site?

Hasney

Take abby for example, has been in 3 pieces of content. 2 beastcasts and 1 playdate. Enough to form an idea of her tastes, but not enough to really form an opinion of.

Yeah, it's good experience so they can review his performance and tell him what works and what doesn't. Same thing they did with Patrick.

Hindl

I think Ben is fine but I was kind of expecting new series instead of the regular old quick looks and streams

He's only been here for like 2 weeks. And as overused as the complaint is, E3 is 2 weeks away, they're probably super busy. Post E3 he'll hopefully have some ideas

Antiwhippy

Yeah honestly it's not like patrick and austin came out swinging with new features either really.

I think Dan has set a pretty high standard.

I like Ben an awful lot, but I think the priority should have been replacing Drew before going after a new editorial hire. Poor Jason's clearly frazzled, and clearly needs a hand.

Curufinwe

I think Ben has fitted in seamlessly. It must be quite daunting for a young guy to step in to such a public role, so I'm been very impressed.

Xizk

He was sounding burnt out by the end of this episode. Might be time to hand over the controller for Kiwami, unless it was just a long day and not burning out on the game.

I don't get why they are trying to basically 100% the side stuff. No wonder he will burn out.

Curufinwe

I don't share the desire to get people who don't play turn based JRPGs regularly or at all to jump into a commitment like P5 solo. It worked with the P4 ER, but that was a team effort with Jeff supporting Vinny, and Drew saving the day on some occasions and they basically made a public pledge to finish it no matter what. I really can't imagine JeffB or Dan finishing P5 at home by themselves in their spare time even if they did start it. I think they'd burn out.

The 7th dungeon took me six hours to finish on Normal, even though the gimmick wasn't a big problem like I was expecting based on complaints I'd read. By comparison, TMS FE had much more annoying dungeons and was considerably more difficult. I managed to not die even once in palace 7... so I think one of my complaints about P5 is that it's a bit too easy. I kind of miss the days of getting stuck on a boss and really having to fine tune my Personas/strategies/equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom