• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Playing the testpunch and i must say.

I think that arms.

Has legs.

I was worried about the movement but the movement is great honestly.

I must say though that curving your shots is a real rubbing your tummy and head at the same time situation.

I was getting absolutely destroyed in Arms until I switched to the pro controller, after which I was undefeated.

The fact they spend a long time telling people SW:TFU is a B game at the beginning of this video is real telling....

Yes, the Star Wars game with an enormous marketing budget is clearly a B-game.

Arms seems cool, but I hope there are options to hold the joycons normally (using your index fingers for L/R) in addition to the default "thumbs up" direction. Carpal tunnel city. And it's just strange when it seems like you should be able to hold them naturally.

I don't know what it is, but Nintendo is consistently the only company to have controllers or control schemes that make my hands hurt. It never happens otherwise.

Jintor

i really enjoyed arms, motion controls and all. having movement and punches mapped to motion is pretty confusing at first but i feel like i was getting the hang of it by the end there

This is coming from someone who thought Mario Party Party was getting old, yet...how incredible would it be if Dan convinced them to do 100 turns for an Extra Life stream? I want suffering.

One last hurrah with the Beast crew would be awesome for it, but I agree, after MP3 or 4, the feature got old only because no one other than Dan really gave a shit about it.

I would watch them just for hopes of Jeff freaking the fuck out.

JqeWNY3.png

Budget and marketing don't define B-ness. Jupiter Ascending is a B-movie.

Originally, B-movie referred to the second film in a double feature, kind of like a b-side on an album. But since those films were almost always low-budget relative to the headlining title, it came to refer to that low budget, more obscure nature. Naturally, arthouse stuff is excepted, despite also having low budgets.

...I looked this up after their insistence that Force Unleashed is a B-game and because I have nothing better to do.

Mr. F

Banned
Was only able to jump into ARMS near the end but found it pretty fun. Not sure if it's a day one just yet but looking forward to playing more over the weekend.

I'm pretty stoked about this new school of nintendo designers

Aselith

Originally, B-movie referred to the second film in a double feature, kind of like a b-side on an album. But since those films were almost always low-budget relative to the headlining title, it came to refer to that low budget, more obscure nature. Naturally, arthouse stuff is excepted, despite also having low budgets.

...I looked this up after their insistence that Force Unleashed is a B-game and because I have nothing better to do.

That's no longer the case but good info

How is it that everyone forgot the actual definition of what a B game is? B stands for Budget. Period. It always has and always will. The fact that people keep debating it is insane to me. if you played games any time before the middle tier games went away (around 2010) then you know this, everyone knew this.

100% this!

Their explanation at start of Force Unleashed is so bad and goes against everything they said in the first episode. Anyway, looking forward to seeing World At War on Bring Your B-Game.

It's weird how B-game morphed from "low-budget game" to "games that are bad."

Beast pls.

STFU was a good choice for Bring Your B(ad) Game though.

Teddified

The fact there is so much posturing and discussion about what is considered a "B" game just makes the whole premise kinda bad and they might as well just make this a playdate series where they vote to continue the game. Otherwise every video of this series is just gonna be them saying over and over what a B game is and what other game will "classify" into this ever changing meaning.

Aselith

The fact there is so much posturing and discussion about what is considered a "B" game just makes the whole premise kinda bad and they might as well just make this a playdate series where they vote to continue the game. Otherwise every video of this series is just gonna be them saying over and over what a B game is and what other game will "classify" into this ever changing meaning.

That's good. It gives it a structure and a driving force for discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom