• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean I don't actually know what their definition of a B game is at this point.

It seems to be "A game I like but think some parts are bad."

It definitely evolved from it once EA entered the picture, but the first Command and Conquer is a B game.

In a retrospective, Paul Mallinson of Computer & Video Games (CVG) wrote that the game's production was "speedy, focused and fun".

The team created live-action FMV cutscenes for the game. These cutscenes contain no professional actors aside from Kucan, who played Kane and was heavily involved in their production. The cast is made up of Westwood team members, and a low budget meant that filming took place in "spare rooms" and warehouses. Castle later said that the team "had no illusions that we were as good as TV or film," but that the cutscenes were not intentionally campy. He credited Kucan with "taking ragtag group of people who had no business in front of a camera and making something reasonably good."

The way Beast described it, any big budget game is a B game if it's bad. Smaller studios just produce "indie" games. PC exclusives are all "PC games." And big-budget console-focused games (whether or not they're on PC) are A games only if they're good, otherwise they're B, C, or perish the thought, D games.
Persona 5 is a B game

#agree
#disagree

#engage

P5's menus are too smoth for a B game. It's an S-game.

Style makes some games rise above everything else.

Binary Domain is the ultimate B game.
2151413-big_bo.png
BIG BO.
THE BEST BRO.

...Binary Domain needs a sequel so badly. Such a good game, far surpassing my wildest expectations.

Salarians

Based on Giant Bomb's feature a B game has a 50 million dollar marketing budget, uses the biggest license in the world, and sells millions of copies.
Boverwatch
Binary Domain is the ultimate B game.

BIG BO.
THE BEST BRO.

...Binary Domain needs a sequel so badly. Such a good game, far surpassing my wildest expectations.
they should just put Dan, Big Bo, Cain and friends in the next Yakuza
have them speak english too

don't even try to explain it

Persona 5 is a B game

I look forward to those plucky obscure darlings Persona 5 and Nier: Automata getting unearthed in Giant Bomb's B-game feature two years from now.

In all seriousness, if things like Zelda and Call of Duty are "AAA" games, those two above-mentioned games and Force Unleashed are AA games, or at worst A games (if purely taking a Western view on them).

Total Overdose? Quintessential B game. Totally incomparable in scope, quality (of production), expectation, and resources.

Aselith

Wait, holy shit, The Force Unleashed sold 6 million copies?

I expected it to have done well due to the franchise attached to it and the marketing push it had, but I definitely didn't expect to see that number.

Well, yeah, it was a pretty big budget action game with cool physics gameplay at a time with Star Wars attached. Plus it had a pretty good demo which I'm sure helped to push some copies
too

Jesus, what kind of squalor does she live in? That cracked paint, the spider, crappy TV. At least she's got the Switch now to brighten the place up. Turn that on and it's an instant garden party

Jesus, what kind of squalor does she live in? That cracked paint, the spider, crappy TV. At least she's got the Switch now to brighten the place up. Turn that on and it's an instant garden party

I think that's just New York City.

Roaches are worse than spiders tbh. At least spiders don't fucking fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom