• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Mainline mario, mainline zelda and mario kart (I know it's a port but it's doing pretty well) seems to be them blowing their load.
Yeah more they need to announce good stuff at E3. Throw the Metroid fans a bone or something

It was a joke
SMT is probably coming to the PS4 tho...
When I first saw the trailer I thought it's definitely coming to PS4, but SMT IV stayed on 3DS. Apocalypse too

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ohmigod, Dead Cells looks amazing. Shame I can't spare 15 bucks right now, but it's a sure must-have for next month.

daveo42

Banned
When I first saw the trailer I thought it's definitely coming to PS4, but SMT IV stayed on 3DS. Apocalypse too

It's probably happening if that rumor thread is to be believed. P5 sold well on PS4 even before it released outside of Japan and they could use the updated demons made for P5 in SMTV on both consoles, which would be a massive improvement over the sprites in IV and Apocalypse.

killroy87

Necrodancer stream was great, and now hot damn do I wish that game comes out on Switch. Way more suited for portable than consoles.

Hindl

It's probably happening if that rumor thread is to be believed. P5 sold well on PS4 even before it released outside of Japan and they could use the updated demons made for P5 in SMTV on both consoles, which would be a massive improvement over the sprites in IV and Apocalypse.

Oh huh I never saw that thread. All speculation so it could be true but I guess we'll see. Wonder if we'll see SMT at E3 (at either conference)

daveo42

Banned
Oh huh I never saw that thread. All speculation so it could be true but I guess we'll see. Wonder if we'll see SMT at E3 (at either conference)

Eh...it might be nothing. Modbot closed the thread that had the rumors a few days ago. I think one of the more interesting things that did come up tho was that Thor from the SMTV trailer was the same model as the one used in P5. Either way I plan on picking up SMTV wherever it exists. It's one of a handful of games coming to the Switch that will make me buy the system.

All that DC talk just reminded me of the time GB talked about Superman villains on Demo Derby. I think what DC should do is flesh out their worlds more like what Marvel is currently good at doing for the people who aren't that deep into comics like me.
To be fair on her i haven't heard of Columbo until now.
I don't know who Columbo is and I am 27
who the fuck is columbo

Columbo is amazing. Although the last time I watched it was 2006 so I don't know how it holds up nowadays but I'm going to guess that it'll still be pretty good.
Listening to this weeks bombcast, and I love the show and all that these guys do, but I really wish they made an attempt to be more accurate with information. This week Brad was saying Farpoint costs $100 with the controller (not true) and that you couldn't turn by moving, could only really go forward.

The game is only $80 with the gun, and you do in fact turn by moving, but it's where the gun is pointing not your head.

Seems silly I know, but I have friends that won't buy or try something based off that kind of information.

He mentioned the right price in the QL, the bombcast must've been recorded before the QL.
Playdate needs to hurry up and get here. I'm slowly drowning in this sea of Rorie #content.

Rorie #content is best #content.

This picture made me feel things. So sad that John Cygan passed away.

bakedpony

Eh...it might be nothing. Modbot closed the thread that had the rumors a few days ago. I think one of the more interesting things that did come up tho was that Odin from the SMTV trailer was the same model as the one used in P5. Either way I plan on picking up SMTV wherever it exists. It's one of a handful of games coming to the Switch that will make me buy the system.

It's actually Thor. Odin in the trailer uses the SMTIV design.

Curufinwe

Necrodancer stream was great, and now hot damn do I wish that game comes out on Switch. Way more suited for portable than consoles.

I liked it a lot, too.

If Brad wanted to play a different game next time, I think Nioh would be fun to watch. It's not as hard as platinuming Bloodborne, but there would be enough moments where he got killed at inopportune times to be worthy of a Breaking Brad.

Watching the Breaking Brad right now from yesterday and man Ben was a great hire. He brings such great energy to the streams. Also Rorie is awesome and I dont understand how anyone doesnt enjoy him.

Curufinwe

It's been a lot of fun seeing the updated versions of the classic demons in P5. Still haven't got to Mara, yet.

oofig9udw.png

2939699-cp_beastintheeast_part16_05172017.01_32_46_00.still001.jpg

daveo42

Banned
It's actually Thor. Odin in the trailer uses the SMTIV design.

Yeah, I went back and watched the trailer. Everyone else seemed to be using the Persona 5 assets tho. Also curious detail I completely forgot, but SMTV is an Unreal 4 game.

It's been a lot of fun seeing the updated versions of the classic demons in P5. Still haven't got to Mara, yet.

All the models in P5 looked great to me. Nice details all around.

TraBuch

Banned
Why even have a schedule if everything's gonna be an hour late? Absolutely ridiculous. I'm done with Giant Bomb. If they can't respect my time, I won't respect their content.

Dang, no Paul & no Dan. Interesting they're going to be playing The Surge. Not interested in getting the game but interested in knowing more about the game.

daveo42

Banned
No Dan. No Abby (assume she's in her glass cage). I love Beast Playdates, but this seems a bit more low key than I was expecting.

sprinkles

Man those strong opening minutes of The Surge sure got me. My backlog of the early year still drowns me but maybe I'll get it during the Summer Sale next month.

Curufinwe

Man those strong opening minutes of The Surge sure got me. My backlog of the early year still drowns me but maybe I'll get it during the Summer Sale next month.

I always meant to get around to Dark Souls 1, then 2, then 3.... and I haven't played any of them.

Nerokis

All the models in P5 looked great to me. Nice details all around.

Agreed. I also love the character models. They have this super charming "3D sprites" thing going on. I could stare at Ryuji's face all day.

I've gotta say, loving P5 quite a bit in general. My first one of those, and I'll absolutely go back to check out the others when I'm done. Picked the worst time to start, though. 50 hours in, and as of tomorrow, I won't be able to play for over a month. Le sigh. (Don't know if "le sigh" is still a thing, but it encapsulates my feelings pretty well right now.)

Curufinwe

Agreed. I also love the character models. They have this super charming "3D sprites" thing going on. I could stare at Ryuji's face all day.

I've gotta say, loving P5 quite a bit in general. My first one of those, and I'll absolutely go back to check out the others when I'm done. Picked the worst time to start, though. 50 hours in, and as of tomorrow, I won't be able to play for over a month. Le sigh. (Don't know if "le sigh" is still a thing, but it encapsulates my feelings pretty well right now.)

Seems like there were a lot of first time buyers of a Persona game going by the NPD results.

Persona 5 though. I was thinking, okay, maybe Persona 5 gets to the top 5. I certainly wasn't expecting #2, even without digital. Now, JRPGs tend to be very heavy in month 1 on their decay curves. We'll have to see how it holds up over time. Regardless, just an incredibly impressive month. The premium edition also did exceptionally well, and reflects a new trend of higher priced, premium editions taking higher share for major releases over time. Day 1 consumers and fans are becoming more and more price insensitive - and higher priced SKUs are selling better and better. Now, this doesn't apply once you get 3-6 months down the line, but in launch month premium editions are becoming a bigger share of the pie, and I think we're going to see a lot more of these editions featuring a ton of digital content for GaaS games in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom