• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

It's out at 3AM here on the west coast (!). I can't stay up for it, sadly. It's no longer college days I'm old now.

image.php

It's out 11am here(it's 6:56am now). I slept but woke up in the middle of the night thirsty as fuck for water. Stayed up for a few hours and played Hellblade. Returning to sleep now.

Jintor

i don't think it invalidates the entire construction of the sex-positive arguement but i think we can all agree it's pretty crappy

anyway, my point is abby should ER Bayonetta

Joeku

i don't think it invalidates the entire construction of the sex-positive arguement but i think we can all agree it's pretty crappy

I could go for that. Fuck it, put em on that pseudo auto-play difficulty mode if need be and go through both of them, GBE! I bet the discussions between the cutscenes would get pretty good.

- J - D -

image.php

It's out 11am here(it's 6:56am now). I slept but woke up in the middle of the night thirsty as fuck for water. Stayed up for a few hours and played Hellblade. Returning to sleep now.

Ah, the feeling of when your body wakes up from deep system repair and your mouth is dry as fuck. Reminds me of an old Bombcast. I need some sleep too, tbh. argh, wanna watch Giant Rom...

- J - D -

I support this. Well, #1 would be Abby plays horror games, but ER Bayonetta can be next.

chogidogs

I'd be down with an Abby/Alex endurance run of Bayonetta. Not everything they do has to be funny. I bet we'd get good conversation and discussion if they actually did it.

Also, what are the chances that the Bequest guy took out the guitar and most of the other stuff because GB made fun of it?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah, totally, but not as a feminist discourse thing. :p

Despite everything that I typed (before seeing that gif) it's still just a dumb as hell action game.

Salarians

I love Bayonetta but I absolutely understand why people might not. To me, she comes off as an over the top caricature, practically a drag queen. A total badass who does whatever the heck she wants.

But that's how I saw her when I played those games. In reality, she is intended to be a "sexy" character and there are a lot of little and big things in those games that leave me feeling a bit gross.
We recently had a 50 page thread asking whether or not the game implies Bayo was raped by one of the bosses in a throwaway gag during a boss fight. It's pretty cut and dry to me and any discussion about her being a strong female character is undermined by the clear intentions of its creators. They just can't help themselves.

in case you need a visual aid:
Oh boy, I've never seen this. Never mind, maybe Bayonetta really is just OneeChanbara level trash after all. Christ.

Antiwhippy

Funny thing is outside of Mario maker whenever Mario is brought to goty most of them are usually pretty down on it. :p

oti

Banned
Seeing Hey Pikmin on the schedule, have they played Miitopia? They liked Tomodachi Collection, maybe they'd like Miitopia too.

Oh no Brad got a new iPad. Can't wait to hear about this magical piece of Apple® tech and all those exciting iPad games on the Bombcast from now on.

Zeroro

I'm totally with Abby when it comes to horror games, even those that are very, very bad. I'll never play any because they're not my thing, but even watching other people play them can be tough for me.

Antiwhippy

I feel like a lot of their complaints about steam direct is disregarding the fact that it's very easy to get refunds on steam.

kiguel182

Abby and Alex being “meh” about Horizon made me feel less crazy for not being into the game. Altought maybe our reasons to deslike it are different.

I’m curious what the discussion at GOTY about it will be.

Abby and Alex being “meh” about Horizon made me feel less crazy for not being into the game. Altought maybe our reasons to deslike it are different.

I’m curious what the discussion at GOTY about it will be.
I didn't last too long with it. The game sets itself up really well with lots of intrigue but then has this awkward drop from being guided to just "hey go do your own thing". That transition was really blunt and it never really found its pacing again after it imo. Beautiful game, great opening hours and then it just plateaus. Like you, I'm interested to hear the discussion about it.

chogidogs

Abby and Alex being “meh” about Horizon made me feel less crazy for not being into the game. Altought maybe our reasons to deslike it are different

It's probably the best looking game for me right now. I was in line at a Datablitz (Gamestop for the Philippines) and all 5 people in line with me was staring at the demo they had of Horizon the whole way through.

You could probably get more meaningful gaming experiences from other games but if you are basing everything from looks, I would put that game on top of the list (top 3 atleast.)

It's probably the best looking game for me right now. I was in line at a Datablitz (Gamestop for the Philippines) and all 5 people in line with me was staring at the demo they had of Horizon the whole way through.

You could probably get more meaningful gaming experiences from other games but if you are basing everything from looks, I would put that game on top of the list (top 3 atleast.)
I don't think anyone feels like the game was a let down in the visuals department.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i dunno, there's something about pubg that I really enjoy watching but i still haven't played it yet (i did buy it because i felt guilty -- i'll get around to playing it soon)

oti

Banned
Are you alright oti?

Yeah. All's good.
I just liked how Brad said he wanted to play a game just for the fact of seeing numbers going up in that clicker/twinstick shooter hybrid. I'll never understand that level of fascination for such a basic element.

Top Bottom