• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Oh fat cat time. My sisters cubby cat when my daughter was a tiny baby

0wUutN0h.jpg

lmao, that's an incredible picture.
This has nothing to do with what you're talking about, BUT, I started doing the single player missions of R6:Siege to learn how to play, and the game seems fun as hell. Thanks for the recommendation.

Can you explain how the unlock credits/points work or whatever though? I have no idea how to get more "characters", and I don't want to just waste the points on things for buying stuff in the wrong order.

They keep on adding and changing stuff about the game so, I don't know how much they changed by now but what I did when I got the game is I went through the situations on normal difficulty. Used that Renown to get the characters I wanted to get. Other then that I just played regular multiplayer and terrorist hunt. From there I slowly bought the rest of the characters, you don't have to do anything special. You just have to keep playing and after every match you gain renown that you can use to spend on characters, cosmetic items or attachments to your weapons(which do have an affect ingame so they're important).

Be sure to get the characters you want first because the characters are kind of like heroes in a sense. As in the character could be played by one person on a particular map. I'm glad you are enjoying it, it is indeed a damn fun game and it's even better than it was back when it released. Right now there are a ton of characters and maps to choose from.

Scizzy

Coming GOTY fight to watch out for: Brad pushing to change best music to best audio (or at least adding a best audio category). Because that's an award Hellblade deserves to win.

Coming GOTY fight to watch out for: Brad pushing to change best music to best audio (or at least adding a best audio category). Because that's an award Hellblade deserves to win.

sonic mania

without spoiling too much, there's a remix of a Genesis song that pretty much perfectly captures that "early CD audio in a video game" vibe and it's astounding

Hell fucking yes, Get Even and Hellblade both do some serious impressive stuff when it comes to sound and audio.

Alex arguing that Valve should just hire people to curate the Steam store is kind of showing that he really doesn't understand what it would take to fix the problem. Good on Vinny to try to add some depth to the discussion. There's a lot more to it than just throwing money at the problem.

derFeef

How are you all dealing with the backlog and all the new games coming out? I am still not finished with Bloodborne, want to finish Dying Light, Breat of the Wild, Wolfenstein, The Evil Within, RE7, Dreamfall Chapters, Nier routes B+, goddamn the list goes on... and then I play current games and they still keep on coming.

robotrock

Banned
How are you all dealing with the backlog and all the new games coming out? I am still not finished with Bloodborne, want to finish Dying Light, Breat of the Wild, Wolfenstein, The Evil Within, RE7, Dreamfall Chapters, Nier routes B+, goddamn the list goes on... and then I play current games and they still keep on coming.
I just don't play anything anymore.

Wunder

i just play pubg

oti

Banned

I just bought Graceful Explosion Machine.

Most of the games you mentioned came out at a time when there were not many games. Basically, if you didn't play them then then good luck playing them now because we're about to get into another wave of one game after another starting with Sonic Mania.

derFeef

Most of the games you mentioned came out at a time when there were not many games. Basically, if you didn't play them then then good luck playing them now because we're about to get into another wave of one game after another starting with Sonic Mania.

Oh yeah, plus I probably missed a lot of games I play currently.

I just bought Graceful Explosion Machine.

On the Switch? I was looking into that...

robotrock

Banned

Hellblade is good enough to say the good wave started last week IMO.

Is Sonic Mania looking as good as it should be? I haven't seen any of the leaks.

chogidogs

Vinny playing Sleepy Dawgs with a different member of the site and somehow encountering broken stuff each time is my favorite thing in the site.

kiguel182

Brad looks good wearing a cap. (Watching that Custom PUBG vid)

I mean you can draw vectors, meshes,... with the help of c# so why not :)
Edit: I did not want to sound like an ass, sorry for that.

I was looking for more details lol but since I only use c# for scripting I don't usually work with that stuff so I'm curious how you would control the connections of the graph and stuff.

That smiley makes everything sound more assholish! It's a known #fact.

kiguel182

I have a backlog (including Zelda) and I just got No Mans Sky.

I'm not a smart man.

Fortunetly most big (as in long) seem out of the way for me (except for Nier) so it could be worse.

oti

Banned
I have a backlog (including Zelda) and I just got No Mans Sky.

I'm not a smart man.

Fortunetly most big (as in long) seem out of the way for me (except for Nier) so it could be worse.

Day One purchases left for me are Mario XCOM (although I could just play XCOM 2 for now, wait with Mario XCOM and save some money that way 🤔), Mario and the Zelda DLC. Other than that it will be just sales.

BTA

I just buy games and lie to myself that I'll get to my backlog and sometimes I actually do.

I've started doing a better job of planning out what I wanna play/accomplish each week and that's helped some. Now it's just a matter of getting my time management and related anxiety stuff handled a bit better so I don't waste as much time being indecisive about things.

I'm still hoping to get through some older stuff this + next month but since a few bad days meant it took me an extra two weeks to finish what I planned to beat at the start of the month, that's probably just going back to finish Dishonored 2 before the DLC and finishing Nier?

The past month or so has been good for me beating a few VNs in my backlog though. So that was a good sign.

BTA

Watching the start of the Giant ROM thing is reminding me how long it's been since I've seen West all on the couch, huh.

But I basically never watched UPF even when I was watching most West stuff so that's probably not actually that surprising.

derFeef

Watching the start of the Giant ROM thing is reminding me how long it's been since I've seen West all on the couch, huh.

But I basically never watched UPF even when I was watching most West stuff so that's probably not actually that surprising.

Having the dudes together is a big part why I enjoy UPF.

kiguel182

Yup, also got NMS, lol.

I'm really enjoying it. Altought it's taking me away from other games.

Day One purchases left for me are Mario XCOM (although I could just play XCOM 2 for now, wait with Mario XCOM and save some money that way 🤔), Mario and the Zelda DLC. Other than that it will be just sales.

I'm curious if I'll want more Zelda after I finish it. Seems like such a giant game.

oti

Banned
I'm really enjoying it. Altought it's taking me away from other games.

I'm curious if I'll want more Zelda after I finish it. Seems like such a giant game.

I wouldn't if I was in your shoes. I got Zelda at launch and played it for over 125h. Didn't get the DLC when the first pack got released but can't wait to buy the second pack and play this game again. Enough time has passed for me to be excited again.

kiguel182

Same here. I didn't think I'd be spending a large amount of my time playing No Man's Sky in 2017 and enjoying it this much. Their ARG actually got me into it.

I've looked at every update they released but decided to pass on it but this one just got to me. Especially for 15 euros.

It lacks polish but there's a lot of interesting things going on and the grind is enjoyable in a "numbers go up" kind of way.

I wouldn't if I was in your shoes. I got Zelda at launch and played it for over 125h. Didn't get the DLC when the first pack got released but can't wait to buy the second pack and play this game again. Enough time has passed for me to be excited again.

Yeah, it makes sense. I'll probably play it next year or something if there's a lull in releases.

Zeroro

The Giant ROM video really highlights how incredible it'd be to have the entire crew together for some features.

It most definitely gets into the realm of impossibility when livestreaming is entered into the equation, but having the East crew sit in on UPF every once in a (probably very long) while would be fun. I'd be willing to sacrifice the usual Giant Bomb East show on Friday if it meant they were all together that week.

Top Bottom