• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

swimbuff

I really love space sims but I felt like the whole games just empty.
All the missions are the same, it doesn't matter in which system you are cause they all look the same etc.
I just found nothing entertaining in the game, except flying the ship.
Yea everything in the game is kind of samey. You have to be sold into purely the gameplay, which makes the game not for everyone. I've been trading, exploring, doing combat and the loop basically stays the same no matter what ship you've upgraded to but damn I'm still in love with the game.

Megasoum

Banned
Yea everything in the game is kind of samey. You have to be sold into purely the gameplay, which makes the game not for everyone. I've been trading, exploring, doing combat and the loop basically stays the same no matter what ship you've upgraded to but damn I'm still in love with the game.

Yeah same and also it's a perfect podcast/gb stream game

*TP S3 talk*

My only guess on the entire focus being on the Black Lodge is because they're the trouble makers? Yeah, they made it more apparent when it comes to the travel via electricity because in FWWM it was basically just hinting at something that has to do with electricity and numbers.

Initially I didn't know what to think of Episode 8 but as time went on I appreciated it more even though I didn't and still don't understand half of the stuff that fucking happened in that episode. Like, the only idea I have is that somehow the nuclear bomb explosion opened some sort of gateway to the Black Lodge so the spirits were able to roam free and we know it's the Black Lodge spirits since we saw Bob's face and his drenched in oil minions? There seems to be a structured layer to the Black Lodge, like the woodsman and the others are sort of like workers for the big bad? which is obviously BOB. The real question is are there any other big evil spirits like BOB? I don't know. Since episode 8 played off like it was some sort of origin story to BOB. Especially with the convenience store as the spirits were roaming around and in it, I'm only assuming that this is where the spirits kept meeting as mentioned by MIKE & Phillip Jeffries(maybe multiple convenience stores?). Then we got The Giant(he's credited as ???? though) and the woman and then the orb with Laura in it(are they in the White Lodge and are they putting a BOB like figure that's the total opposite on earth to fight BOB off after seeing what happened? WAS LAURA NOT EVEN HUMAN ORIGINALLY) all very interesting things that I'm not sure we'll get a clear answer on. I will say though that the entire thing was filled with beautiful imagery. At some point with Lynch, you just have to go with whatever he fucking throws on screen, it's a ride for sure.

I really want to read the book but I don't have time or I should say I do have the time but I have to sacrifice my gaming time for it which I'm not sure I'm willing to do haha but that's very interesting to know about. At this point nothing is for sure though, I imagine we'll get alot more answers and probably more questions as the series moves on.

Yeah, Annie stuff was fantastic and I agree about the Frank thing. I think he didn't want to make his brother worry but at the same time I'm with you in that they should've just killed him off or make it so that this is how Harry looks when he's old lmao. One of two things is probably why: he's going to make a surprise appearance at the end OR Lynch just loves the character too damn much. I keep returning to this moment in episode 5. It's such a beautiful moment and I'm not sure if it was intended but what I got out of it is that the statue reminded him of Harry.

IF ONLY SOMEONE GAVE HIM HIS FUCKIN LIGHT!

kiguel182

By "segment" did you mean practically the entire Matterfall quick look? After the first minute of perfunctory game talk the rest of it was off-topic.

I mean that this happens often. If it was the first time it was one thing.

Yeah, I've not found much joy in East QLs recently. Serial Cleaner, Megaman Legacy 2 skipping the best games and that Matterfall one are rough.

Car Mechanic and Agents of Mayhem were fine.

He just has nothing to say about the games. It's just talking random shit while he plays the game. Honestly, it's lazy.

Dan's questions have given great moments but after a while it's just too much.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I really want to get into the Long Dark. A survival game with a story mode is all I ever wanted, really. I need purpose in a game, beyond "Life, Die, Repeat". But man. There sure are a lot of meters to watch. There sure is a lot of starring at a circle slowly filling in.
I love the look of the game tho. Just a big fan of winter landscapes.

oti

Banned
Man, I really want to get into the Long Dark. A survival game with a story mode is all I ever wanted, really. I need purpose in a game, beyond "Life, Die, Repeat". But man. There sure are a lot of meters to watch. There sure is a lot of starring at a circle slowly filling in.
QL looked like the opposite of fun to me.

BTA

I haven't watched Blue Bombin yet but I do wanna say that beyond how amusing (though sometimes aggravating) Dan not knowing stuff is (moreso how he presents that, I guess) I do appreciate his general willingness to learn more about the world and how things work. Dude watches a ton of documentaries for fun, I mean.

derFeef

Seems more like survival with a long tutorial as a story.

I haven't watched Blue Bombin yet but I do wanna say that beyond how amusing (though sometimes aggravating) Dan not knowing stuff is (moreso how he presents that, I guess) I do appreciate his general willingness to learn more about the world and how things work. Dude watches a ton of documentaries for fun, I mean.

Willingness and actually learning something is a bit different tho...

Hasney

He never retains that information though, which can lead to the same questions. It always ends hilariously or annoyingly and never in between.

oti

Banned

I remember reaching the end.
I remember the final boss fight.
I remember my "love interest" suddenly being there.
I did not remember who that person was.
I did not know this game had a romance system or something.
I'm like hey that's a dude who's that wait I'm supposed to care about him that's cool I guess.
I did not feel anything when he died and I killed the boss dragon.
I felt nothing.
Nothing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I remember reaching the end.
I remember the final boss fight.
I remember my "love interest" suddenly being there.
I did not remember who that person was.
I did not know this game had a romance system or something.
I'm like hey that's a dude who's that wait I'm supposed to care about him that's cool I guess.
I did not feel anything when he died and I killed the boss dragon.
I felt nothing.
Nothing.

I remember running around and empty forrest for 20 minutes, finding a bandit camp in fortress, getting excited and then meeting a bunch of dudes in that fortress who wouldn't talk to me at all.

I never got far into Starcraft 2 but always meant to get back to it.

Maybe I should play Starcraft 1 remastered instead. Something about dated 90's sound design really speaks to me

oti

Banned
The Survival Mode in Division is pretty cool.

Bought a new monitor and it's so nice I'm playing games on that instead of TV. Means I can have GB on the TV, which is nice.

Watching the MM Legacy Collection 2 Quick Look, I realized that I don't think I've ever set eyes & ears on MegaMan 8, ever. So it was interesting seeing how...chill it all seemed.

Like, the soundtrack is super laid back.
Opening
Stage Select
Tengu Man
Frost Man
Aqua Man

I'm probably gonna get this collection just so I can play MM8 for the first time. Seems relaxing.

MM8 was from a time when Capcom was laying down sick jazz beats and glorious spritework.

This "Masterpiece" discussion *facepalm*

God bless Austin Vinny and Abby.

Very few people can seperate those in their minds. Dan knows, he just don't care.

Nerokis

God, 20 minutes into this Blue Bombin', and it saddens me knowing Austin will be gone again when it ends. GBEast would have been perfection right now with him still around. His on-screen dynamic with Dan is great.

Also, Blue Bombin', in combination with the release of MMLC2, inspired me to go through the classic MM games for the first time. Now I can cringe whenever Alex's experience differs from mine.

oti

Banned

oti

Banned
Ewww Uplay only

Isn't cdkeys one of those Russian reseller sites?

Yes, I too care about the program I launch my games with. If I can't collect Steam chievos, it just isn't the same.

At this point I've lost the plot on which site is ok and which isn't. If I find a good enough deal on MyDealz, I'll get it. Syndicate was 20 Euros during the last Steam Sale, which was double what I was willing to pay for it.

shwimpy

Abby was kind of obnoxious in Films and 40s... even moreso than Dan. :/ Weird cause I never thought this way about her before. It was probably her calling everyone idiots and morons...

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Abby was kind of obnoxious in Films and 40s... even moreso than Dan. :/ Weird cause I never thought this way about her before. It was probably her calling everyone idiots and morons...

Yeah she's starting to become my least favorite. A little too cool for everything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haven't heard the film and forties yet (was planning to watch the movie with it but i think i might just listen to it independently) but from Twitter it did seem like she's drunk of her ass during it.

She doesn't strike me as someone who's too cool for everything though.

Don't forget that they also continued this later on with the GOTY Christmas Rocket League video.

2viV7q5.gif

- J - D -

She was appropriately calling all the idiot moron characters exactly what they were. Plus she was also making her way through a 40 of malt liquor. chill out.

- J - D -

Haven't heard the film and forties yet (was planning to watch the movie with it but i think i might just listen to it independently) but from Twitter it did seem like she's drunk of her ass during it.

She doesn't strike me as someone who's too cool for everything though.

Considering they spend about 3/4 of the time not actually talking about the movie, I think you'd be fine just listening to F&40s.

Top Bottom