• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The only problem with all these GBE premium features is it's delaying Vinny teaches Dan how to cook and Papa Vinny's Woodworking shop
I know its a joke and they themselves called Vinny that in a video but everytime I read "Papa Vinny" it sounds super creepy to me.

Lari

Papa Vinny sounds like it should be the name of a diner.

Papa Vinny's world famous meatball sandwich.

TraBuch

Banned
So I looked at the preview of that Wrestling Revolution QL and thought to myself, "that looks like an MDickie game." And then Dan says it is an MDickie game. And then he brings up his prison game and Jesus game. I mention all this because Supergreatfriend is an awesome youtube let's player, pretty much the only one I like, and he has an entire series where he first discovered an MDickie wrestling game on the Ouya and created a character named Bully Demise, and then after playing through that game, he brought that character into the jail game, then the Jesus game, then the desert island game, and then brought him into the 2K WWE game and created that character and made a custom story and everything, and after the story of Bully Demise ends, he plays a Bully Demise Ren'Py fan game that's ridiculously well-made.

I say all this because I wanted to shill for my favorite YouTuber in the GB thread. He's also a Giant Bomb fan.
If you have a lot of spare time, go watch the series, it's great.

kiguel182

I just had a dreadful Dota experience. We won but the team was a mess and it wasn't fun.

In the end the numbers went up on the Battle Pass and that was good. But really, was it? No.

I uninstalled Dota. Fuck this.

EDIT: Like, getting in the flow and winning it's a great feeling but the dread that makes 90 per cent of the game doesn't make up for that rush.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I do really wonder wif GB West maybe takes the brunt of business/meetings stuff at GB. It's really weird that their Premium output is so....safe and slow compred to Gbeast.
Which is a bummer, cause some Brad/Jeff content is always great.

Jeff Green is in Team Mayo. All is right with the world.

Mayo isn't good as a condiment but it is sure as fuck better than ketchup.

Also just reading up on this Nick Robinson thing is weird. All I know of him is that one time he was on UPF.

edit:

I do really wonder wif GB West maybe takes the brunt of business/meetings stuff at GB. It's really weird that their Premium output is so....safe and slow compred to Gbeast.

I bet they do. San Francisco is where all the day to day stuff with the site happens. All the support crew is there.

Hindl

I think this is it. Giant Bomb started in the Bay, and with the CBS merger that's where everything went. I bet nearly all of the engineers, designers, managers, etc. that work on GB are all in the CBSi SF office, while East seems like almost an afterthought to CBS. As head of production Vinny obviously has to be in meetings for all the video content, but I have a feeling that Jeff and Brad deal with a lot of the administrative stuff. And that's not just related to the content on the site. Design meetings, engineer meetings for the backend, financial meetings with the big wigs, reports to the higher ups, and planning out the content and staff hires for the year. I'm not saying East isn't involved in it, but I have a feeling East has more time to actually play games instead of dealing with the day to day minutiae of running a website

Jeff talks about being in meetings all the time and working in a corporate environment like that I totally understand that a lot of his day is probably responding to emails he was CCed on that he shouldn't have been and sitting in hour long meetings that could have been accomplished in 15 minutes

kiguel182

The concept for this Xcom stuff is awesome. Can't wait to see them load a save and see what the other person did and how they will react.

I haven't seen the prologue yet but I'm so in.

Also, Bandcamp today is donating their share of the sales to a Trans Rights organization. Some labels are participating too. I encourage everyone to buy some music today!

Wunder

Jeff talks about being in meetings all the time and working in a corporate environment like that I totally understand that a lot of his day is probably responding to emails he was CCed on that he shouldn't have been and sitting in hour long meetings that could have been accomplished in 15 minutes

that sounds like a nightmare

Yup, and that's not exclusive to GB/CBSi either. The corporate world loves 2 hour circlejerk meetings consisting entirely of middle managers planning the next meeting.

Scizzy

I think that's part of it, but more that West does more QLs and free stuff while East focuses on premium.

Hindl

that sounds like a nightmare
Yup corporate life sucks. Especially when you have a 2 hour meeting over something one week, people get to work on implementing it for the next two weeks, and right before it's ready for testing/rollout, there's another 2 hour meeting that changes the thing you argued over and implemented for the last two weeks

trying being in a recurring 3-hour meeting every Friday where 99% of it doesn't pertain to you and you end up only saying 10 words the whole time

#corporatelife

Three hoooour? Damn. I have my share of pointless meetings but there's kind of an unspoken rule that no meeting should be more than an hour and a half.

HOW IS GBEAST SO GOOD

2455000-1176343_iman.jpg

Top Bottom