• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Ok you're being a little too obvious now.

It really is. Watching a top down game of people who kinda know how to play it and one person that really knows how to play it is boring.

It's like if we watched Dan play Soul Calibur vs. the office. Chances are it'd be 8 episodes of dan winning until someone else almost beats him.

Wait.

You're thinking that and you're only 2 hours in?

6RYP8rs.gif

Wow, we actually got Octopath news?? ����

Yes and a demo as well.

This Transformers movie is really bad

Like Nintendo bad

Like Destiny bad

Very bad

The only great Transformer film is the cartoon one and the first movie is good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair, while there are more VNs on the PC, like Kindle self-published novels, it's more about shifting through 99% of the shit to find the good ones.

The Vita was the best platform to play Rogue Legacy, Spelunky, and The Binding of Isaac. Fact.

It's not even that. The GPD WIN exists if you want a handheld.

To be fair, while there are more VNs on the PC, like Kindle self-published novels, it's more about shifting through 99% of the shit to find the good ones.
Eh, there's not a single (non-Otome) vita VN that isn't on Steam. And there are dozens of quality ones that are on Steam that aren't on the Vita. The Vita's visual novel library isn't even that good.

All of this Bethesda Switch stuff makes me think Arkane is making Metroid Prime 4. Just a weird hunch that will probably be completely wrong.

There's windows tablets too. And the vita catalog is small, there's like 300x more VNs on the PC. Even just Japanese games in general the PC has more of them.

I guess the Vita truly is worthless.

And that ghost sex game isn't on Vita either!

BTA

It's not even that. The GPD WIN exists if you want a handheld.

Eh, there's not a single (non-Otome) vita VN that isn't on Steam. And there are dozens of quality ones that are on Steam that aren't on the Vita. The Vita's visual novel library isn't even that good.

1. I like being able to read VNs on the train or in bed on a nice OLED screen without having to buy a tablet (I have a Windows laptop but it's super bulky). I mean, I've obviously played Windows-only VNs as well; I just much prefer the Vita if I have the option.

2. I mean. Steins;Gate 0 ain't on Steam.

3. Most of those otome games are great VNs in their own right. I've been really enjoying playing them lately.

(EDIT: 4. To be clear I'm not saying it's the best platform to play VNs in general on. Like I'm not saying to buy a Vita if you want to play VNs. I'm just saying I personally do think it is the best platform choice for a VN you want to play if it's available there.)

and I'm now going to go against my own support for Vita VNs because

Catching up on the Direct, and man, didn't ever expect to see Wolf on the Switch. Incredibly exciting to think that this might be the beginning of increased third-party support for 'core' games or whatever the hell we're calling them.

Also, I took advantage of the PSN sale and added Root Letter to my ever-expanding list of Vita VNs :lol (wish I was willing to mod my Vita so I could use Moonlight to play Fata Morgana handheld.)

Please don't waste your time with Root Letter. It's incredibly boring and the protagonist sucks and the mystery isn't even good. I regret playing it so badly that whenever it's on sale I go out of my way to remind people not to buy it. I mean, this sale was only like $5, so maybe give it a try if you already bought it, but like... it is not anywhere near as good as I was hoping and I was super disappointed.

Mr. F

Banned
sooooooooo octopath traveler is alot darker (tonally) than I thought it was going to be looking at the trailers. Pretty intriguing though.

I'm digging the demo so far, boost combat is fun and the presentation is real nice if a bit understandably rough around the edges.

justjim89

All of this Bethesda Switch stuff makes me think Arkane is making Metroid Prime 4. Just a weird hunch that will probably be completely wrong.

Oh God damn you, I'm gonna be so mad when this turns out to not be true. That would be such a good pairing!

Shit!

Arkane might be the best devs in the industry today.

Top Bottom