• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's not up to the Dan helmed ones, but I enjoyed it. I've always said that Dan was the heart & soul of DD. Jeff was the mind, but I always thought it was crazy that people said DD needed Jeff more than Dan.

Otherwise though, it was a fun one.

It's not up to the Dan helmed ones, but I enjoyed it. I've always said that Dan was the heart & soul of DD. Jeff was the mind, but I always thought it was crazy that people said DD needed Jeff more than Dan.

Otherwise though, it was a fun one.

Yeah, I am one of those people. I'm more into it for Jeff and his stories more than anything else. It's also however largely dependent on the content on the disc though which is why Dan/Drew being there works well because they gel extremely well with Jeff even if the content on the disc sucks. As long as Jeff is there, then I'm there. Really enjoyed this latest one though, that painkiller doc killed me.

BTA

I haven't made much more progress in Dishonored 2 but a thread about Death of the Outsider (that obviously I shouldn't have clicked) spoiled
rhat Megan is Billie
and though I'm a little annoyed I only learned this right after resuming the game, I'm just amazed I hadn't heard or realized that before now.

I mean. I watched Death of the Outsider's trailer. I even bought it, though it hasn't arrived yet.

I'm not sure how I didn't realize this.

Antiwhippy

See to me the best demo derbies are still the ones before Jeff came in.

Fucking Playstation truck.

Diesel.

Pacman voice.

Shelley Duvall.

All such good moments.

Yeah, I am one of those people. I'm more into it for Jeff and his stories more than anything else. It's also however largely dependent on the content on the disk though which is why Dan/Drew being there works well because they gel extremely well with Jeff even if the content on the disc sucks. As long as Jeff is there, then I'm there. Really enjoyed this latest one though, that painkiller doc killed me.

Even Jeff needs people to bounce off of. Though that kind of feels like the GBWest story.

Antiwhippy

Also they need to do more playstation underground discs.

This Xbox demo one has fun moments but the playstation underground demos were meatier and were pretty much the 90's distilled for you to snort up your nose.

Demo Derby was alright.

They quitted all the demos and didn't finish them but that's me being nitpicky.

The humor is still there but it's lower quality.

Jeff is still giving it his all, Brad and Ben were alright support.

Antiwhippy

Eh whatever this demo derby was good. Definitely an improvement over the previous one. Not being Dan isn't really a critique. No one is Dan other than, well, Dan.

Even Jeff needs people to bounce off of. Though that kind of feels like the GBWest story.

Which is the reality of how things are, it isn't terrible though. Not by a longshot just not something you could realistically change. On the other hand, West's style and approach is different than East and I dig that. It's also why you get chaotic fun when you mesh the two styles together.

e:
I was and still am never into the east vs west thing though

Eh whatever this demo derby was good. Definitely an improvement over the previous one. Not being Dan isn't really a critique. No one is Dan other than, well, Dan.

I actually liked the last one better, well other than all the BALLERS!!!! chants.

I want Rorie on a Demo Derby. Jeff, Rorie, and X person that laughs (the Brad role in recent ones) would be a good time.

Antiwhippy

Jeff rorie ben i can dig.

I just want rorie in everything.

My solutions to make any content better:

1. Have dan in it

2. Have rorie in it

Which is the reality of how things are, it isn't terrible though. Not by a longshot just not something you could realistically change. On the other hand, West's style and approach is different than East and I dig that. It's also why you get chaotic fun when you mesh the two styles together.

e:
I was and still am never into the east vs west thing though

It's not just a styles thing, GBWest often feels like they're missing a cast member and shuffling people around into other roles to fill the void. I feel like the loss of Ryan has never been more evident, so many times during their podcasts/videos it seems like he'd make everything work.

Jeff rorie ben i can dig.

I just want rorie in everything.

My solutions to make any content better:

1. Have dan in it

2. Have rorie in it

A man after my heart.

It's not just a styles thing, GBWest often feels like they're missing a cast member and shuffling people around into other roles to fill the void. I feel like the loss of Ryan has never been more evident, so many times during their podcasts/videos it seems like he'd make everything work.

I don't feel the "shuffling people around into other roles to fill the void" though. Only when Jason isn't there or can't be in two places at once is where I feel it but that's also because what they're missing is another video guy. Other then that, they're themselves like they always have been. Only difference is of course the people who are bouncing off said people changed but hey, that's life.

There's a dimension out there that has all 9 duders under one roof making content.

I guess I bought a Switch ahead of the game.

Not much of their library appeals to me. But I knew Mario Kart would be a no brainer.

Part of me wants to get Mario and Rabbids but I'm not the greatest at RTS.

I'm sure once the library expands, I'll find more games I want but for now, it's my secondary console.

Wunder

Not much of their library appeals to me. But I knew Mario Kart would be a no brainer.

I'm sure once the library expands, I'll find more games I want but for now, it's my secondary console.

thats not what a RTS is

danm999

I've got a gaming PC, a 3DS, a Switch and a PS4 Pro now.

I'm done right? I've got all the things, between those I'm covered on all exclusives that might come along?

2965224-sw_smo_scrn_41.jpg

Unfinished: Super Mario Odyssey 09/20/2017
Nintendo let us post 10 minutes of Super Mario Odyssey, but joke’s on them, we’re gonna watch it twice!

Ashby

Look, I was at single frames by the end of the game. I'll take the PS3 version.

Playing with a trackball sounds crazier to me.

I had very limited desk space at the time, it was my only option. Looking back it sounds crazy to me too but I actually got pretty damn proficient gaming on the thing.

Top Bottom