• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

Oh, heh, that Odyssey "spoiler" we were talking about earlier's totally in the video.

Guess the existent itself isn't something they care about hiding.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The call-in show is really coming into it's own. It's a joy to have another avenue for jeff just talking bout stuff.

Also so far no shitty callers which is surprising.

The call-in show is really coming into it's own. It's a joy to have another avenue for jeff just talking bout stuff.

Also so far no shitty callers which is surprising.

It's great. It helps that the latest one is about arcades, some good ass memories. Also, that moped gang call-in is a classic.

Started The Adventure Zone about a month and a half ago, and I have just one Bombcast-length episode left to go. I've enjoyed the whole thing but it really got better than I ever would have thought toward the end. Those frigging McElroys are infuriatingly talented.

I have... so very much GB stuff to catch up on. This has been the first time since before going premium in 2013 that I've actually missed the podcasts. (Though it's good timing as Destiny 2 the perfect kind of game to have GB #content accompaniment.)

I wouldn't mind it being played a little more straight, but I like the dumb Xbox event video. I always enjoy seeing the crew out and about.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's kind of insane how much nintendo is killing it for the switch launch year.

I'm almost afraid of the eventual comedown. It's feeling too high right now.

BTA

I mean, there has to be at least an alternative style of motion control that isn't waggling. Jeff brings up the Pro controller but it's not like you can waggle that. Same for playing connected. I'm guessing it might just be shaking, though? Hmm.

imBask

Banned
It's kind of insane how much nintendo is killing it for the switch launch year.

I'm almost afraid of the eventual comedown. It's feeling too high right now.

what are you playing?

I played splatoon 2, and then I regretted Sonic Mania and it's been sitting there ever since, and was sitting there in between games too

eeeeeeeeeeeh they're not sure if there's any non-motion control option

i'm not gonna swing my handheld-mode switch around fuck you reggie

900x.jpg

BTA

Oh. So not a spoiler at all.

The preview that first hinted at it was like "it's going to blow your mind!!" and then people tried to do some detective work and found it and sorta built it up as a major spoiler.

Meanwhile it's apparently just another thing in the level.

Though its implications are neat of course.

I bought Zelda BOTW and I’m buying Mario Odyssey and after that I’m not sure what my third Switch game will be.

Still happy with it for those two games.

BTA

I have no time at all for Heat Signature but I'm gonna buy it and mess with it for an hour or two tomorrow because it seems rad and Tom Francis is cool.

Stoze

I mean, there has to be at least an alternative style of motion control that isn't waggling. Jeff brings up the Pro controller but it's not like you can waggle that. Same for playing connected. I'm guessing it might just be shaking, though? Hmm.
I'm pretty sure there is, at least I know there is for rolling. Not sure about all the hat stuff.
Its cute that they just took the stamina meter ui element from Zelda
Galaxy games had the exact same thing, it just looks cleaner/smaller here to fit with the other UI stuff.

tesqui

There is too much Mario being shown. Jesus I can't escape it if I try. I just want my first experience with it to be fresh and new. Stop showing everything Nintendo!

I don't remember this much pre release coverage of the Galaxy games.

Xbox is having such a miserable year that I half expect Cuphead to not be particularly good despite looking great in previews. Ironically, the sidescrolling levels they added based on player feedback will be the weak link.

Harpuia

I can relate. People blow every new decent release out of proportion

This is the nature of all video games, honestly. The goal of most marketing campaigns is closely tied with the idea of convincing you that if you're gonna drop cash on a game, it's going to be theirs.

There's also the whole aspect of having people justify their purchase and the time they spent with their game. It's so intertwined with games.

This may just be marketing in general, and the culture of a hype cycle, as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Xbox is having such a miserable year that I half expect Cuphead to not be particularly good despite looking great in previews. Ironically, the sidescrolling levels they added based on player feedback will be the weak link.

This is 100% my concern since they announced that. Never listen to the fans. Listening to fans is what killed Bioware.

This is 100% my concern since they announced that. Never listen to the fans. Listening to fans is what killed Bioware.

I'm pretty sure bad writing is what hurt recent Bioware efforts, I'm not sure how you think listening to fans is the source of that. Mac Walters pretty much killed the Mass Effect franchise.

Harpuia

There is too much Mario being shown. Jesus I can't escape it if I try. I just want my first experience with it to be fresh and new. Stop showing everything Nintendo!

I don't remember this much pre release coverage of the Galaxy games.

everytime I see gameplay and I notice the shooting is just eight directions instead of fully directional I have second thoughts about the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure bad writing is what hurt recent Bioware efforts, not sure how you think listening to fans is the source of that.

The awkward Tali romance angle was from fan feedback, Anders, Fenris, and Merrill were creations of trying to keep every romance obsessed Bioware social fan into Dragon Age.

Top Bottom