• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Wunder

The heavy does and iirc they picked that skill on one of their heavies (the one that doesn't have Holo targeting).

you're right! I always thought that it just meant they could shoot twice, because that's what I always did.

This ex-corps base management is something else. Let's sell this limited resource along with double the time and money to build, demolish, and rebuild things constantly in the name of efficiency.

And 4 medkits and 3 nano vests!

You won’t get this video because the rest of the guys there scoff at Jason’s taste like he’s some sort of weirdo for liking Monster Hunter instead of new, recent, AAA easily satisfying game. You know that Patrick or Austin wouldn’t dismiss Jason so quickly.

On Earth 2 Brad has put in 500 hours of Monster Hunter and loves to play the bone bagpipes with his hunting friends.

Seriously, that game is everything Destiny wants to be in terms of loot and cooperation between teams.

Mr. F

Banned
what is the best in-game duder-controlled death in Giant Bomb history

I nominate getting shot to death by the old woman in SWAT

First that came to mind was definitely that Flight Club where the super dense fog clears and they're headed straight for the ground.

Re: vinyl, I'd recommend going at least one step above the "cheap" range of turntables if at all possible. I had an AT-LP60 at first and it was alright for a little while, but after a year it started playing records ever-so-slightly too fast, and fixing it would have required sending it in for repairs that almost matched the price of the thing in the first place. I replaced it with a U-Turn Orbit Basic, which I'm really happy with (though it's definitely a jump up price-wise). It's kind of funny that in 2017 it's more practical for me to get a vinyl that comes with an MP3 code than it would be to buy a CD.

I've really enjoyed building up a little collection of albums, but it is kind of a bummer that game soundtracks tend to be so fucking expensive.

Can BWest even do co-op with their strict nat affliction?

A 4-person QL would be fascinating to see, though. It would be absolute bedlam in the best way possible.

Nothing on the schedule, I think it's time to panic.
452.png

Maybe Murder Island?

Can BWest even do co-op with their strict nat affliction?

A 4-person QL would be fascinating to see, though. It would be absolute bedlam in the best way possible.

Dan would immediately try to pickpocket a vendor and agro the whole town. Jeff would try and kill some non-hostile magisters for talking shit. Alex would be a sad skeleton man.

Mupod

On Earth 2 Brad has put in 500 hours of Monster Hunter and loves to play the bone bagpipes with his hunting friends.

Seriously, that game is everything Destiny wants to be in terms of loot and cooperation between teams.

"the heavy bowgun shooting is so good"

The way he describes Destiny as potentially being his perfect game is pretty much the conclusion I came to about MH for myself. The idea that World is a giant leap forward closer to my ideal MH game is pretty exciting. There's a few bits of it I'm not too keen on, but detract little from the total package.

As for doing an MH retrospective, I think that'd be fun even as a series fan with probably a lot more knowledge about the games than Jason. I never played the original and every time I watch someone play it, it looks incredibly unappealing. Does not surprise me one bit that it soured Jeff's entire opinion on the series moving forward, although I have little hope that World will change his mind.

But yeah, MH may be a game that is pretty conservative about change over time, but there have been so many QOL changes that I can't go back from. It's hard to believe that AI partners or combining items directly in your box weren't always in, but I didn't have those in Freedom 2 when I started. And those were added in an expansion, not even a new numbered title.

BearPawB

Banned
Am I thinking of something else or has Jeff said in the past that as a youth he was disappointed in Super Metroid because it is short?

i feel like he said, that, and it got in my head that its a short game.
When really its about the same length as games like Super Mario World

If Monster Hunter was half as fun to actually play as Destiny it would be the most successful game of all time

Am I thinking of something else or has Jeff said in the past that as a youth he was disappointed in Super Metroid because it is short?

He definitely said this, or at least something close. He was very excited, got it home and beat it in a day.

Fevaweva

I'm watching the Yakuza Kiwami Quick Look and MAN, as a person who finished the original Yakuza earlier in the year for the first time, it gives me chills to see it look so good.

The sound! It doesn't constantly repeat the 'atmospheric sounds' every 10 seconds. Jesus Christ.

Stoze

It was Jeff, he said it pretty recently I believe.

And yeah they're around the same length for a casual playthrough, maybe an extra hour or two for World.

Mupod

I impulse bought Divinity 2 just because of Vinny's description of it. I too have a skeleton with a bucket on his head now.

But yeah, I'm playing it co-op with a friend. Problem is he's played the intro stuff many times and kind of just blazes through it with me trying to keep up. I had to replay the starting area just to get some context of what the hell was happening. It's way more fun in co-op though, so I'd love to see them do that in the QL or whatever. Vinny factor + game with friendly fire couldn't possibly disappoint.

In our own game we had a moment where I was just out of reach of an enemy that was about to slap my friend's shit, but I was trapped on ice and I'd probably fall on my ass if I tried to move off. He had the genius idea that rain would probably melt the ice. Went poorly.

I impulse bought Divinity 2 just because of Vinny's description of it. I too have a skeleton with a bucket on his head now.

But yeah, I'm playing it co-op with a friend. Problem is he's played the intro stuff many times and kind of just blazes through it with me trying to keep up. I had to replay the starting area just to get some context of what the hell was happening. It's way more fun in co-op though, so I'd love to see them do that in the QL or whatever. Vinny factor + game with friendly fire couldn't possibly disappoint.

In our own game we had a moment where I was just out of reach of an enemy that was about to slap my friend's shit, but I was trapped on ice and I'd probably fall on my ass if I tried to move off. He had the genius idea that rain would probably melt the ice. Went poorly.

I was constantly electrocuting my teammates when I played as a mage in a 4-player co-op game.

I had a pretty similar experience in MP, but with 3 other people who had all played the beta. They were dashing through every dialogue and looting everything before I even knew there was something to loot. Not the most fun thing in the world. Kinda let them leave me behind and eventually re-started solo, and I am liking it a ton.

Lari

That was a solid, if uneventful Exquisite Corps episode.

Can't wait for what insanity Dan has in store for next week.

Harpuia

XCORPS has major focus problems, which is part of the feature, I suppose. They're very low on soldiers, their existing soldiers are underequipped, their soldiers' abilities are constantly misunderstood, XCOM is bankrupt, their satellites have poor/nonexistant protection, and their facility layout/priorities are concerning. A lot of their decisions will haunt them later (e.g. they're already feeling the resource crunch) and will only serve to make things more difficult as they continue.

Like, in the short-term they're doing great, in battles and such, but I worry for them long-term. Any setbacks will be potentially fatal to their operations, and there's (once again) some very tough missions ahead.

It could all lead to a death spiral so easily.

Ehh, honestly the #1 thing that anybody should do is keep a healthy roster of soldiers. They can get away with dawdling with buildings and resources, but if they lose more soldiers (which is probably unlikely since they have carapace armor), that's when the death spiral will begin.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Two things that people need to be reminded of:

Rick and Morty is legitimately great.
Now is the best time to be playing video games

Rick and Morty
video game
fans can be the fucking worst.

Bacon

Jeff has probably told this story about 50 times by now on camera/podcasts and I don't even think that's much of an exaggeration.

Wunder

On the off chance they get a chicken dinner will they stop murdering the island on a weekly basis?

hope so, it's better to end it on a high note than continuing on and slowly petering out. I hope they continue with the monday streams though, regularly scheduled cross coast content is great

Top Bottom