• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

oti

Banned
I mean, every episode has the potential to be great. And they do seem to have fun playing it still. But I'm not buying this whole "they should play whatever they want and not change out of obligation to play other stuff" story anymore. This does feel like an obligation at this point, if they don't play it on their own outside of this feature.

I said in chat but I really think GOTY is down to

PUBG
Destiny 2
Mario Odyssey

Zelda probably makes the list but outside of Dan, I don't see much of a fight.

Hindl

Yea I mean BotW is only one of his favorite all time games, but not GOTY

Still don't understand that logic haha. Doesn't matter, GOTY is so subjective and whatever anyway, but yea...
Dan values time spent playing and replayability over all else. Remember he dismissed the Witcher 3 because he said if everyone actually loved it they would've finished it. Since they didn't spend all their time playing it they couldn't have liked it that much

Yea I mean BotW is only one of his favorite all time games, but not GOTY

Still don't understand that logic haha. Doesn't matter, GOTY is so subjective and whatever anyway, but yea...

He probably sees it as "Defining Game Of The Year" instead of "Best Game Of The Year." I can see his point, even if I don't agree.

He probably sees it as "Defining Game Of The Year" instead of "Best Game Of The Year." I can see his point, even if I don't agree.

Dan values time spent playing and replayability over all else. Remember he dismissed the Witcher 3 because he said if everyone actually loved it they would've finished it. Since they didn't spend all their time playing it they couldn't have liked it that much

Yea true, good points guys. Will be interesting to see where Mario falls, and if the BotW DLC pulls anyone back in

killroy87

Only just now listening to last week’s Bombcast, and the Marvel talk was frustrating to listen to. When Jeff makes up his mind about a game, he can be a real pain to have a reasonable conversation about it with. The segment started out decently positive, with Ben and Jason both having reasonably good things to say about it (along with clear criticisms), but Jeff’s need to harp on the negative forced them to have to defend the game, and just made the conversation worse.

Sorry for the rant, I just see it happena lot and it annoys me. It’s rarely just a genuine conversation about a game, it consistently becomes a conversation framed around Jeff’s hot takes.

Only just now listening to last week’s Bombcast, and the Marvel talk was frustrating to listen to. When Jeff makes up his mind about a game, he can be a real pain to have a reasonable conversation about it with. The segment started out decently positive, with Ben and Jason both having reasonably good things to say about it (along with clear criticisms), but Jeff’s need to harp on the negative forced them to have to defend the game, and just made the conversation worse.

Sorry for the rant, I just see it happena lot and it annoys me. It’s rarely just a genuine conversation about a game, it consistently becomes a conversation framed around Jeff’s hot takes.

The quicklook also suffered from this. Like, Ben and Jason were trying to temper the urge to maul the game for its hideous presentation, but almost every time they brought up how fun it is to play or something mildly positive, Jeff would just go "still looks like ass, tho."

...still looks like ass,tho

hamchan

So Dan

-Walked right into the line of bullets someone was shooting from downstairs into the attic.
-Randomly sprayed and prayed through the smoke when no one was in there.
-For some reason ran down the stairs, without reloading his gun after his spray session, trying to shoot an empty clip at a bad guy.
-Used his lower damage gun this whole time instead of his better damaging rifle.
-Lied and said there were two people he was fighting when it was just one.

Top Bottom