• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

daveo42

Banned
None of this discussion matters anyway as we all know that the top 10 for GotY will just be Destiny 2 and PUBG repeated over and over again.

I'm really curious if Odyssey is gonna dethrone BotW.

Zelda will beat Mario, especially if Odyssey is too similar to Sunshine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan is the only one who will fight for RE7 too which is really sad because that game is really really good

Zaph

NhXcj1u.png

She's not wrong. Late last night the gameplay just clicked for me in one fight. I get it now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I used to be with her when it comes to white electronics.

But white electronics get real dirty FAST.

Same with shoes.

Destiny 2 seems pretty good so far. There is an auto-rifle near the start that is trash stat wise but the feel of it is probably the perfect video game gun. God damn,

imBask

Banned
I used to be with her when it comes to white electronics.

But white electronics get real dirty FAST.

Same with shoes.

you step on tons of stuff with white shoes so that makes sense, but what are you doing with your white PS4 to get it dirty?

dust is just as visible on black hardware

Dan is the only one who will fight for RE7 too which is really sad because that game is really really good

This is a bummer, but Giant Bomb lost their big horror games advocate when Klepek left. Soma got best story not because Austin was into the horror, but because of GBEast likes some cyberpunk.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
you step on tons of stuff with white shoes so that makes sense, but what are you doing with your white PS4 to get it dirty?

dust is just as visible on black hardware

Nah, not for matte finishes like the pro. Dust is real visible on white.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is a bummer, but Giant Bomb lost their big horror games advocate when Klepek left. Soma got best story not because Austin was into the horror, but because of GBEast likes some cyberpunk.

It's not even THAT horror though

like if you can play Dead Space you can play RE7

imBask

Banned
RE7 wasn't a bad game, but the whole "I'M REAL CLOSE TO YOUR FACE ISN'T THAT SPOOKY" VR gimmick got old really really fast without VR

daveo42

Banned
RE7 was great until it fell apart at the end. It also suffers from "action horror" issues in that you stop being afraid of enemies and the environment when you're armed to the teeth and have healing for days.

But who will fight for the true #2 game of the year, DJ Max respect?

I think you're following the wrong website.

LiK

"He's covered wars with his dick!"

LMAO, sometimes when Jeff doubles down on a joke, it cracks me up so hard. 😂

I bet Human Trashcan isn't even your real name, you stole it off someone in WWII!

For the record, I didn't think you actually looked up to Don, it was more that I saw your post and it made me think "damn, there's probably some fucked up weirdos that actually do idolize him."

There's people who walk away from Fight Club thinking all the wrong things. Mad Men inspires a whole lot of the same. Breaking Bad too. Part of the charm of the story is how seducing the lifestyle appears superficially so when people watch on a superficial level, they get really into emulating the protagonist without recognizing the actual filth surrounding him

I feel like every modern AAA game falls apart at the end

HZD falls apart at the midway point

I think there's an argument to be made that RE7 falls apart at the end. I'm not sure I agree (I think of it as an homage initially to RE6/RE7 before ending in an homage to the final battle of Evil Dead 2), but I can certainly understand it.

HZD is weird in that it felt like it fell apart at the midway point, but picked itself back up bigger and better than ever in the end. It's the one of the few AAA games that has a better story towards the end than at the beginning.

Until you leave the mansion, then it slowly goes downhill, until it's pretty fucking awful by the end.

The mansion is bloody brilliant though. Should have just been a 3 hour game.

The ship and mines are basically a FPS, not a horror game.

BTA

My PS4 is the Taken King white one with the design on it because that was the first one of the new model that came out. I like the white a lot but since I've played Destiny like 3 times total it'd be nicer it didn't have all the fancy sigil branding stuff. I wish we got the MGS V one because even if I wasn't going to play that game (I actually got it free with my PS4 regardless) I really really liked those colors.

In any case maybe Destiny 2 will push them away from PUBG slightly purely by demanding their multiplayer time? Dunno.

But who will fight for the true #2 game of the year, DJ Max respect?

It'll get its time
by which I mean my time
whenever it actually comes out in the US.

Until you leave the mansion, then it slowly goes downhill, until it's pretty fucking awful by the end.

The mansion is bloody brilliant though. Should have just been a 3 hour game.

The ship and mines are basically a FPS, not a horror game.

Hard disagree here. The "SAW" inspired puzzle rooms are fucking rad. That entire section rules.

Well the combat is better than Nier Automata at least.

Truth hurts.

kiguel182

The beginning of HZD is much better than the middle and end. Mainly because stuff actually happens.

Most of HZD is discovering what has happened in the past while nothing but combat happens in the present. It's a cliche sci fi story told by watching holograms with some decent combat in between that does nothing new or interesting from beginning to end.

EDIT: Also, give PUBG GOTY. Who cares if it's Early Access or not. Makes no sense for the crew to give it to anything else.

Harpuia

There's people who walk away from Fight Club thinking all the wrong things. Mad Men inspires a whole lot of the same. Breaking Bad too. Part of the charm of the story is how seducing the lifestyle appears superficially so when people watch on a superficial level, they get really into emulating the protagonist without recognizing the actual filth surrounding him

There's a lot of that going on, yeah.

The one example I have for myself was when my friend and I walked away from the wolf on wall street thinking rather different things. The scene at the end with the FBI agent in the subway car left us with two verrrry different opinions.

Top Bottom