• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Watching panel, GB are talking more about GOTY this year than they usually do right? Is that just me?

It used to just come up in extra life streams and stuff towards the end of the year but now they seem to speak about it as if its the only reason they even play new releases.

Not a criticism I guess but its a change, wonder if its a conscious one?

Watching panel, GB are talking more about GOTY this year than they usually do right? Is that just me?

It used to just come up in extra life streams and stuff towards the end of the year but now they seem to speak about it as if its the only reason they even play new releases.

PUBG is back on the board!

Wunder

It used to feel like it was more of a secretive thing or something they actively avoid mentioning but now they kinda just talk about it. In this case it was Jeff literally bringing it up for discussion though

Catvoca

Banned
Funny thing reading these is I watched the episode last night where Don was like in a panic because the government is doing background checks on him for an aviation contract Pete brought in and Don fucking makes Pete get rid of the account because he can't handle his shit. Don's done some shitty things but man that has to rank in the top three.
I'm at the exact same point in my Mad Men rewatch! I watched the suitcase twice in a row lol

It used to feel like it was more of a secretive thing or something they actively avoid mentioning but now they kinda just talk about it. In this case it was Jeff literally bringing it up for discussion though

It was a big topic on a recent Beastcast too, plus the mentions elsewhere.

I like going into GOTY not really knowing how it will shake out, but we kind of already know their thinking behind a lot of it.

Telfo

I have to be the only one here that really does not care about GOTY at all until the week the GOTY podcasts get released.

Downside of being a long-time GB fan is that I feel like I've heard all these conversations on the panel like half a dozen times already. Also Jeff sounds really out of touch when he says there are no more huge game launches on the eve of Destiny 2's release (as Dan points out)

I'm at the exact same point in my Mad Men rewatch! I watched the suitcase twice in a row lol

It really is that good

Telfo

what you mean I'm the only one keeping a color-coded spreadsheet of all the games that could possibly come up in discussion and killing myself trying to play as many of them as I can before December???

if the amount of GOTY discussion in these threads is any indication I would say you might be in the majority

hECI9OZ.png

2961519-5328398670-maxre.jpg

daveo42

Banned
It literally got released last week.

It's been in early access for over two years and already has paid expansions. It makes sense for GB to cover it now that it's officially out, but it's not a new game by any stretch. Or should be treat PUBG the same way?

Hasney

It's been in early access for over two years and already has paid expansions. It makes sense for GB to cover it now that it's officially out, but it's not a new game by any stretch. Or should be treat PUBG the same way?

Well PUBG isn't eligible for GOTY so it's not a game until finally released. Dem da rules!

The official release is clearly the line in the sand where it shall be JUDGED

I hope that they put some time in to get some ARK tips ahead of time or really pay attention and get some help from the chat so that the stream isn't just them wandering around aimlessly for a while, like that mage game.

Megasoum

Banned
This is one thing that always kind of baffles me with the whole PUBG craze...

People are suddenly realizing that Early Access doesn't automatically mean that it's shit...

This is gonna sound incredibly hipster bullshit but like watching GB and Waypoint fall in love with PUBG really just makes me say "Where the fuck were you guys for the last couple of years?"

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of shit on early access just like there's a lot of shit in "normal" release every week. A game being EA doesn't mean it will automatically be terrible.

need some good online coop games with a buddy of mine.. should we get destiny 2 on ps4? we loved skate 2 challenges and resident evil 5

please someone help. we have pc and ps4

Tagyhag

This is one thing that always kind of baffles me with the whole PUBG craze...

People are suddenly realizing that Early Access doesn't automatically mean that it's shit...

This is gonna sound incredibly hipster bullshit but like watching GB and Waypoint fall in love with PUBG really just makes me say "Where the fuck were you guys for the last couple of years?"

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of shit on early access just like there's a lot of shit in "normal" release every week. A game being EA doesn't mean it will automatically be terrible.

Whatever, hipster.

The problem is that if someone didn't specifically look for good EA games, they wouldn't find them. A lot of the bigger EA games are the glitchy and broken ones. I do hope that they keep a more open mind though.

Unless something changed dramatically, ARK is a survival game. Just imagine RUST but with dinosaurs.

We're in for a few hours of aimless wandering, crafting, and then instant death from a more kitted out player. This is known as survival gameplay.
Wow my week is fucking ruined.

This is me.

Top Bottom