• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha misread

z3SaF1I.gif

Salarians

I think I see like two movies a year

but I'm seein three this year

Edit:
oh wait I saw power rangers

four this year then, a big year for movies!

It's still insane that the praise Ben had for it was that it had interesting things to say about politics

Yeah, but to be fair I think he said he hasn't watched it and that's what he's heard people say about it. The show really excels at absurdist humor. The politics is usually just a jumping off point, maybe aside from the first season, which I remember being bad.

Yeah, but to be fair I think he said he hasn't watched it and that's what he's heard people say about it. The show really excels at absurdist humor. The politics is usually just a jumping off point, maybe aside from the first season, which I remember being bad.

Yeah, it actually got better the further away it was removed from its premise

Some of the characters kinda suck (Roger may as well be from Borderlands or something), but I find myself laughing at the show way more than I'd ever guess I would

Joeku

There are a string of like five seasons in the middle of American Dad wherein all the episodes are some mix of commentary on America and really well done genre satire. For example, that Christmas episode where they take Christianity literally and almost everyone gets raptured and the last half is a Mad Max/Heavy Metal-esque apocalypse is really fucking good.

Megasoum

Banned
I watched an episode of CSI today

I miss CSI

I've probably seen all the episodes of the OG show (fuck Miami and NY, they were pure trash).

The quality took a drop once some of the original cast left (especially Bill Pettersen and Marg Helgenberger) but it was still my guilty pleasure every week for almost a decade.

It's one of those shows (The Simpsons being another one) where I wish all the episodes were available in streaming somewhere and there was a big "Random" button that you could click to just get a random episode anytime you want.

oti

Banned
I'm watching a movie right now on videogames.com it's called Contradiction and it's pretty good.

danm999

The episode of American Dad where Roger murders the frat brothers who do not pay for their limo ride is hysterical.

I think Super Mario Odyssey will end up being one of the greatest games of all time. In ten years, it will still be revered. That's my hunch, at least.

BTA

In 2017 I've seen... Beauty and the Beast, Your Name, Guardians Vol 2, Spidey, and Baby Driver.

Only Your Name was by myself, so that makes sense I guess.

While we're name dropping TV shows, I started watching Deep Space Nine. I've never seen a Star Trek before, so I'm a bit distracted by how terrible the aliens look. They're basically all people with garbage glued to their faces. Despite that, it seems pretty good so far.

Anyway, is this the one Jeff likes? He always mentions Star Trek.

robotrock

Banned
While we're name dropping TV shows, I started watching Deep Space Nine. I've never seen a Star Trek before, so I'm a bit distracted by how terrible the aliens look. They're basically all people with garbage glued to their faces. Despite that, it seems pretty good so far.

Anyway, is this the one Jeff likes? He always mentions Star Trek.

I think The Next Generation is the one I hear people point to. The Patrick Stewart one.

DS9 I think is usually put at the bottom of the lists.

oti, bud, can you calm your shit or take it to a Nintendo OT or something

it's nice that you're excited but it's getting to be all you talk about and it's starting to grate

Joeku

Huh. A friend told me it's the best one. And Picard was in the first episode, but he seemed like a jackass.

The whole DS9 thing is because unlike every other Star Trek, it was kind of serialized the whole way through. There were standalone episodes, but the status quo changed over the course of the series. And after DS9 ended, the showrunner went on to make the Battlestar Galactica reboot, so I get both sides of that.

oti

Banned
Just reached the tree carving moment. This is a really good movie.
I like how they went from "we can't show all of this game" to "let's show all of this game" in a heartbeat.
oti, bud, can you calm your shit or take it to a Nintendo OT or something

it's nice that you're excited but it's getting to be all you talk about and it's starting to grate
Piston, what the hell are you talking about. Go back to complaining about UPF or something. We're talking about video games (and movies and TV shows I guess) over here. Just put me on your ignore list if you have to and move on.

I love Deep Space Nine but hated how I felt on my last watch that it reset all of Worf ‘s TNG character development and the Alex plot line was awful in particular.

Haven’t started Star Trek Discovery yet but saw that it’s tv MA. Is it more violent than the other series in a considerable way?

daveo42

Banned
I think I watched anime all weekend. It was all Moeblobs surviving the end of the world, space children made of rocks being cared for by robots with human souls stuck in them, dude's exploding, magical slavery, and then Goku showed up.

I should probably play more video games instead. Only an hour till GT Sport is live!

Fucking fans. Hilarious right?! Right?!

robotrock

Banned
I think I watched anime all weekend. It was all Moeblobs surviving the end of the world, space children made of rocks being cared for by robots with human souls stuck in them, dude's exploding, magical slavery, and then Goku showed up.

Goku, now that's a name I haven't heard in years. Going to check with my wife if she's into naming our son that.

Joeku

What's that second one? That doesn't sound terrible. That sounds like the setup to an episode of Space Dandy.

Oh god I'm too full from turkey from Canadian Thanksgiving. I cannot take in any anime. Nevermind.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does Szechuan sauce even taste like Szechuan cuisine?

I'm talking like fucking spicy to the point of masochism. and full of numbing peppers

Joeku

Does Szechuan sauce even taste like Szechuan cuisine?

I'm talking like fucking spicy to the point of masochism. and full of numbing peppers

If I had to guess, it tastes vaguely like sweet 'n' sour sauce with a bit of tang, because McDonald's is afraid of actual spice of any kind.

daveo42

Banned
magical slavery you say

Ancient Magus' Bride. I cut the description a bit short...but you should watch it if you haven't yet. The OVA got me super excited for the series and I enjoyed the first episode. At least it's not like the sister anime. *shudders*

What's that second one? That doesn't sound terrible. That sounds like the setup to an episode of Space Dandy.

Oh god I'm too full from turkey from Canadian Thanksgiving. I cannot take in any anime. Nevermind.

ID-0. It's on Netflix. No weeb accounts needed. Everyone has Netflix!

Jintor

i'm wondering if there have been near minor riots over something you could pop into an asian grocery and grab off the shelf

oh i read like a chapter of magus bride and was like 'eh this ain't for me'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom