• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
That Chernobyl puppy video greatly upset me. All those puppies just looking for love, but everyone ignores them and they have no idea why. It's just a sad fucking existence.

I noticed Drew's Patreon numbers have been declining. Hopefully he can pick up the pace on videos or find some other avenues to draw interest. What he's released has been quality.

The new Drew travellog is incredible hahaha (you just got an email if you're a patron)

xDuP2Um.jpg

I noticed Drew's Patreon numbers have been declining. Hopefully he can pick up the pace on videos or find some other avenues to draw interest. What he's released has been quality.

I think he just needs a camera person because doing everything alone seems like absolute hell.

xDuP2Um.jpg

I think he just needs a camera person because doing everything alone seems like absolute hell.

I worry about Drew's Patreon because I feel like he's already trying to work uphill with it.

- Does it alone
- Left from a specialized/small community to do it, so not a ton of built-in audience
- Has a slow output of material because it's just him
- Specialized videos

I liked Drew at GB, but I have no interest in his travel stuff unfortunately. But the fact that he's a "random" guy to outside parties makes it seem like he really has his work cut out for him on his Patreon. I hope he does really well though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Drew will be fine. He's still making quite a bit and he had gained enough traffic that I think he would do well to monetise them. Patrons always have they initial burst, and then they'll decline till it reaches an equilibrium.

Drew is relessing a single video a month. Not shocked if patrons are drying up a bit. Dude needs to finger out what to do to better fill time between those long form edited videos.

Also he is still making videos from the Ukraine trip and that trip was ages ago.

But it’s still early days. Hopefully he gets a better idea soon and trips 2 and 3 are quicker.

Same thing happened with Danny kinda before he found his flow. It takes a little bit.

I take back my Drew statement, he's still making good Patreon money. (I just looked at his monthly amount).

I worry about him only a little now.

Salarians

Drew went to north korea and ate dog that may have been contaminated with rabies and survived

Drew went to chernobyl and was accosted by adorable radioactive puppies and survived

Drew blacked out and woke up to find a Drew butt shaped hole in his wall and survived

Drew can get through anything

Mr. F

Banned
I worry about Drew's Patreon because I feel like he's already trying to work uphill with it.

- Does it alone
- Left from a specialized/small community to do it, so not a ton of built-in audience
- Has a slow output of material because it's just him
- Specialized videos

I liked Drew at GB, but I have no interest in his travel stuff unfortunately. But the fact that he's a "random" guy to outside parties makes it seem like he really has his work cut out for him on his Patreon. I hope he does really well though.

Yeah, compared to someone like Danny who was one of the main faces at gamespot for a while I can imagine some of that retention and getting the word out could be difficult.

I haven't really kept up with Drew's stuff either, but I hope it works out for him. Especially going it alone, seems like a crazy amount of work.

Edit;
could we please not be even jokingly creepy about women having friendships

Yeah this sucks

Yeah, compared to someone like Danny who was one of the main faces at gamespot for a while I can imagine some of that retention and getting the word out could be difficult.

I haven't really kept up with Drew's stuff either, but I hope it works out for him. Especially going it alone, seems like a crazy amount of work.

Edit;

Yeah this sucks

Who's being creepy where?

And for Danny, he has documentaries on HUGE video games as well. The Rocket League one everyone was hyped about, and that's a huge audience built in.

Ashby

I wasn't making a joke, y'all. I was just talking about myself. Didn't mean to imply Danika's gf has any actual reason to be jealous.

Nerokis

Just finished the Nier Automata spoilercast that Waypoint did with Alex, and that might have been the best deep dive into the game I've encountered so far. I hope to hear Patrick and Austin on speaker phone when Nier comes up during GOTY deliberations.

Joeku

Just finished the Nier Automata spoilercast that Waypoint did with Alex, and that might have been the best deep dive into the game I've encountered so far. I hope to hear Patrick and Austin on speaker phone when Nier comes up during GOTY deliberations.

I believe Austin did tweet Alex saying he'd help him form a GotY argument for it.

- J - D -

I think I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049 more than the original.

But I only seen the first one recently and don't have as much attachment to it as most people.

I love both, but I kind agree with you on the original BR. I was unlucky enough growing to have had only been exposed to the crappy version with the narration. I still loved the visuals, but I think I fell in love with things Blade Runner inspired more than I did itself. I never had a palpable nostalgia for it.

Anyway, 2049 is fucking amazing plz everyone go see it.

imBask

Banned
Last movie I saw in theatres was Baby Driver.

same, but I was on vacation and it was a wednesday at 1pm in the middle of nowhere... It's the only way to make it bearable

The worst part is that I do enjoy seeing movies that way, it's just suboptimal in every way.

Lari

I love both, but I kind agree with you on the original BR. I was unlucky enough growing to have had only been exposed to the crappy version with the narration. I still loved the visuals, but I think I fell in love with things Blade Runner inspired more than I did itself. I never had a palpable nostalgia for it.

Anyway, 2049 is fucking amazing plz everyone go see it.

Yeah totally. Aesthetically I think the film holds up beautifully and was still impressive to me. The story and some of the acting fell a bit flat tho.
And the lack of chemistry between Deckard and Rachael bothered me. Not sure how intentional it was.

I really liked 2049 but Okja is still my favorite film this year and you don't even have to leave the house to see it!

Lari

re: miserable theater experiences.

Idk why people think horror movies are an open invitation to just talk aloud the whole way through. Every single horror movie I went to see in the theater was like that and so annoying.

Bought Stardew on the Switch. That is a dangerous game to have on the platform. I accidentally sunk like three hours into it today without realizing.

BTA

I don't go to the theater often, but I do enjoy it and now have a moviepass so I'm forcing myself to do it more from now on. The problem is that it doesn't work for the theater right by my apartment so I basically have to plan to see movies after work instead of whenever I feel like on weeknights/on the weekend (at least without a hassle)...

So I've had the card for like a month or so now and haven't used it. It didn't charge me till now at least so it's all good. I'll use it for 2049 next week, at least.

Bacon

Idk why people think horror movies are an open invitation to just talk aloud the whole way through. Every single horror movie I went to see in the theater was like that and so annoying.

Holy shit I saw IT the other night and two separate parties to my side and back were talking/laughing/overall being obnoxious throughout the entire movie depite my girlfriend and I kindly telling them to shut the fuck up. Pretty much ruined the movie for us.

Holy shit I saw IT the other night and two separate parties to my side and back were talking/laughing/overall being obnoxious throughout the entire movie depite my girlfriend and I kindly telling them to shut the fuck up. Pretty much ruined the movie for us.

I had stopped going to movies despite loving it because of experiences like that. Then I moved to Austin and go exclusively to the Alamo Drafthouse, and it's a godsend.

Last movie I saw in theatres was Baby Driver.

Weird, that is the last movie I saw in theaters as well. Was also gonna see spiderman homecoming that same week but some things came up in work and school and just never made time to see it afterwards. Gonna see Blade runner this Wednesday so that should be fun.

It sucks so much!! Music building up, tension winding up, perfect blend of suspense and dread....and some group yells "What are you doing...don't go in there...why are you so stupid" and everything is ruined because I'm thinking about them shutting up rather than enjoying that moment of intensity. It's kinda the reason I either see a early matinee on a weekday where there are only 2-3 people or just wait until DVD/Blu-Ray releases.

Stoze

I had stopped going to movies despite loving it because of experiences like that. Then I moved to Austin and go exclusively to the Alamo Drafthouse, and it's a godsend.
I feel like the constant eating and servers coming in to deliver food at an Alamo Drafthouse would be more obnoxious then an occasional cellphone or teens snickering.

I should try one though, one opened up 20 or so minutes away last year I think.

Zabka

I feel like the constant eating and servers coming in to deliver food at an Alamo Drafthouse would be more obnoxious then an occasional cellphone or teens snickering.

I should try one though, one opened up 20 or so minutes away last year I think.

I had to correct an error on my bill during Wonder Woman's finale. Not the worst thing to ever happen but it soured me on the experience.

It's a great place to see a classic movie though.

Wait a min, I did see Spider-Man: Homecoming with a group of friends.

So I'm a liar.

giphy.gif

HOW COULD YOU!?!?!

Watched UPF and I gotta say that American Dad is actually really good. Well, it was good. I haven't seen it since it moved to TBS(?).

There are still some good episodes here and there but it has definitely gotten weaker than when it was on FOX.

It's still insane that the praise Ben had for it was that it had interesting things to say about politics
Especially since the political side of the show died halfway through the third season and became better for it. Stan will still say a few things here and there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom