• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animation wise, Cala Maria is amazing. I was stunned throughout the entire fight and she definitely is the most memorable of the bunch when it comes to her animation(and the eels!). When it comes to best boss though? That's a very easy answer, it's the boss before the final one.

DOKyITL.png

Should I actually play a KH game?
Yeah, they are still fun games and the story is okay if not a little nonsensical as the series goes on.

Opinion Time: Kingdom Hearts I has the best story but somewhat outdated gameplay, Kingdom Hearts II has the most improved/best gameplay and systems but the story is a few steps down from I, Dream drop distance and Birth by sleep are kinda average in both story and gameplay but still really fun games and chain of memories and 358/2 days are games that I want to forget but they tie into the overall story of the series so I sadly can't.

robotrock

Banned
I dread the day where my daughter asks me why I named her Asuka. I don't wanna be a lame dad but I'm probably gonna come across really goddamn lame.

She's a character from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Opinion Time: Kingdom Hearts I has the best story but somewhat outdated gameplay, Kingdom Hearts II has the most improved/best gameplay and systems but the story is a few steps down from I, Dream drop distance and Birth by sleep are kinda average in both story and gameplay but still really fun games and chain of memories and 358/2 days are games that I want to forget but they tie into the overall story of the series so I sadly can't.

You mean Kingdom Hearts 1 has the most coherent story of the bunch(and it still kind of isn't). The rest of the games turn into organisation 13 nobody nonsense.

So I picked up Cuphead last night after all you motherfuckers keep telling me it has better styyyyyyyle than my beloved Persona 5.

It doesn't.

But it does have mostly better gameplay. It's got that Hotline Miami "one more try" feel perfectly combined with that "Dark Souls"-esque pattern recognition. Only major downsides are the design of some of the hitboxes, the platforming sections, some of the jumps, and some of the boss battles being kinda luck dependent (I'm looking at you SPOILERS:
Dragon monster thing in the clouds
) I sunk 3 hours this afternoon without even noticing.

Protip: Shift the shoot button to one of the triggers and the dash to either a trigger or a bumper. You'll be glad you did. (And get ready for a charge/weapon shift nerf)

TraBuch

Banned
I dread the day where my daughter asks me why I named her Asuka. I don't wanna be a lame dad but I'm probably gonna come across really goddamn lame.

Just say you named her after the wrestler and show her videos of Asuka being a fucking badass. Then she'll go around kicking motherfuckers in the face.

Mr. F

Banned
Ate far too much, now playing stardew. Solid holiday weekend so far - Happy thanksgiving Canada gb gaf.

Also caught up on that sauce business and seeing that riot footage was a trip what the fuuuck are we dooooing

It's Okay you're not the only one. My friend and his wife recently named their daughter Kairi (from kingdom hearts) and I am patiently waiting for the day she can talk and ask why she was named that.

daveo42

Banned
Fans are fucking weird.

You should have thought about that before you decided to name her after an anime character.

BTA

All due respect to you nerdy parents but I feel weird enough considering potentially naming a cat after a video game character. Though, hey, as long as it's a normal name, it makes sense to name them after something/someone you care about. With Asuka and Kairi I'd mostly just be concerned about, uh, doing that if you're not Japanese?

I'm sure I'll just be just as bad with naming if I have kids one day though

I use a 360 controller and do:

RT - Dash
B - EX
A - Jump
X - Shoot
LB - Switch weapons

It works pretty well/feels natural

I use a Xbox One controller and do:

RT - Shoot
LT - Dash
LB - EX
A - Jump
X - Switch weapons
B - Lock in place

Trigger works great because you never have to stop shooting to do anything.

Catvoca

Banned
The Videobomb app got updated with livestream support and a proper list of GB features, it's dope. Pretty much exactly what I want out of a GB app now.

I use a Xbox One controller and do:

RT - Shoot
LT - Dash
LB - EX
A - Jump
X - Switch weapons
B - Lock in place

Trigger works great because you never have to stop shooting to do anything.

This is the biggest advantage for me. Pressing x over and over wears on me when I don't realize I've played this game for hours. Being able to rapid fire with just holding the triggers feels far better considering how many bullets these monsters require to take down.

One day my son will thank me for naming him after two great pieces of art and I will say “You’re welcome, Geralt Undertale”

I'm watching footage of the Super Mario Odyssey store demo and MAN, 19 DAYS

But then Wolfenstein 2 is out too and I'm gonna be like...TOO MUCH MAN.

I guess I'd play the game on alternate days lol.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
A WHOLE MONTH OF SCHEZUAN SAUCE, MORTY!

sounds more like it's just back in general.

what a dumb turnout.

mcdonalds should have actually taken a page out of rick and morty, told the fanbase that life is meaningless and anyone who wasted a day trying to get gimmick sauce from a disney movie over twenty years old not only wasted a meaningless day of their meaningless existence, but also furthered their meaninglessness by losing their minds over a sauce that truly means nothing.

cuphead is awesome

TraBuch

Banned
Calling it now, Odyssey will review absurdly well but ten years from now, it will be looked at as another Sunshine and people will remember it being better than it was.

Call me in ten years and eat your crow.

BTA

No.

It's more about fandom over basic human decency.

It's ok to like stuff.

Fandom is valuable and important, and a lot of creative effort that goes into those communities and fanworks and roleplaying and such shouldn't be disregarded just because they can go bad.

but when they go bad, it sucks

Mr. F

Banned
Weirdly this sauce thing feeds back into a general distaste for Dan Harmon that I can't really figure out. Even if the show team had nothing to do with it. 🤔

Joeku

He's not hard though.

It's those
jellybean
motherfuckers that make it hard.

Got through that.

But now?

Fuck the
last two phases of the dragon fight
. I feel like between the RNG of the platforms and all the effects and movement on screen it's a little much to try to even see everything to anticipate what's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom