• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTA

Turns out I already ate all the eggs I thought I had in the fridge and now I've turned on this entire conversation.

Dan is still arguing about mainline mario on twitter

DAN PLS

I'm annoyed how he brings this up like a Christian preacher outside a train station every chance he gets, then eventually goes to "it's all fun horseshit!" when people call out his nonsense reasoning and how it IMMEDIATELY falls apart

if you think it doesn't matter, give up

I'm annoyed how he brings this up like a Christian preacher outside a train station every chance he gets, then eventually goes to "it's all fun horseshit!" when people call out his nonsense reasoning and how it IMMEDIATELY falls apart

if you think it doesn't matter, give up

He has always done this though, he frames his argument seriously, gets battered by a consensus of opinion, then goes "oh Twitter is too serious for me stop being babies blahblah", like Twitter is somehow not just a vehicle for discussion. If they were on the phone with him discussing it he would still be wrong.

What came first, the worker or the worker being worked?

Hindl

IT'S NEW SUPER MARIO BROS BECAUSE IT'S LITERALLY A NEW MAINLINE MARIO

THAT'S WHAT THE NAME MEANS DAN

No it's "New" as in "New spinoff series"! How hard is that to understand guys???

Although really the next 2D Mario should just be Super Mario Bros 5

Nibel

This is why I unfollowed him

Y'all empowering him
LLShC.gif

No it's "New" as in "New spinoff series"! How hard is that to understand guys???

It's New as in "here's more of this shit you've been asking for, we got our interns to throw it together"

I'm fine with NSMB being part of the canon, whatever, but the only one I think actually pushed the series forward was Wii, due to the multiplayer. So I'll let the other 3 games tag along

Hindl

It's New as in "here's more of this shit you've been asking for, we got our interns to throw it together"

I'm fine with NSMB being part of the canon, whatever, but the only one I think actually pushed the series forward was Wii, due to the multiplayer. So I'll let the other 3 games tag along
NSMBU was actually a legitimately great 2D mario and way better than the other NSMB games. But coming out 2 weeks after NSMB2 on the 3DS and it being the 4th game in that bland artstyle made people hate on it

NSMBU was actually a legitimately great 2D mario and way better than the other NSMB games. But coming out 2 weeks after NSMB2 on the 3DS and it being the 4th game in that bland artstyle made people hate on it

I hear that a lot and it's mostly why I'm ambivalent towards the series being considered "core Mario". I've only played the DS game and wow, that was a letdown.

the beauty of Dan being a shithead is that it's no different from the beliefs of anybody else on the Internet

nobody's going to change the other's mind about it so there's so point in engagement

The DS game is easily the worst of the series by a good country mile.

Wii alone was a massive upgrade.

I played enough of Wii at other people's houses to confirm that, yep, multiplayer 2D Mario is hilarious fun, so it's all good to me.

Likewise, 3D World: multiplayer 3D Mario is equally fun!

oti

Banned
the beauty of Dan being a shithead is that it's no different from the beliefs of anybody else on the Internet

nobody's going to change the other's mind about it so there's so point in engagement

He did have that whole New Dan rebranding thing going on for a while though.

Hindl

I hear that a lot and it's mostly why I'm ambivalent towards the series being considered "core Mario". I've only played the DS game and wow, that was a letdown.

Oh yeah, that was bad. If that's your first experience I wouldn't play those games either. I think it's also because regardless of your feelings on 3D World, it felt like a semi-big deal when it was coming out because it was a new 3D Mario. Whereas with the New series, they were all (very) successful, but everyone just went "Yeah these are pretty good games" and moved on. The games were good but kinda uninspired, so they don't feel like they live up to the pedigree of 2D Mario.

oti

Banned
The only NSMB I didn't like was 2. The money mechanic was a nice twist but not enough to serve as a foundation for an entire game. It should've been a bonus stage like Captain Toad was in 3D World. That kind of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom