• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev0

What if Abbys new content ends up being endurance runs where she edits out all the story and cutscenes

edit: top of page for a horrible joke ahhhhhhhhhh

TraBuch

Banned
The obvious tell is that pretty much anyone in this industry wouldn't go on a public podcast and earnestly shit-talk someone to their co-worker and friend.

I've never listened to another episode of The 1099 and I knew he was joking.
What about that time Jeff called out Giancarlo Varanini and Kevin VanOrd and Kevin Pereira and a bunch of other people?

There were guns involved, I'm pretty sure he was being serious.

daveo42

Banned
1pMltmn.jpg

I'm sure he'll make a case for it, but Music has already been decided this year with Nier, Persona, and Yakuza 0. Plenty of room for honorable mentions tho.

You guys take some context with the Ben stuff. Ben's been getting a lot of uncalled for hate in the GB community. So even making a joke to bash on him is really shitty. And honestly I'm not sure it was a joke.

The obvious tell is that pretty much anyone in this industry wouldn't go on a public podcast and earnestly shit-talk someone to their co-worker and friend.

I've never listened to another episode of The 1099 and I knew he was joking.

How do you know other than that? Like outside of "metatextual" clues how can you really tell? There was no joke. They weren't doing a bit nor was it structured as a joke. So even if he was kidding, it was impossible to tell unless you know the guy. And I know nothing about that podcast and never heard of the dude so I wouldn't automatically assume that he must be joking because he's some industry insider. So you know as much as I do.

You guys take some context with the Ben stuff. Ben's been getting a lot of uncalled for hate in the GB community. So even making a joke to bash on him is really shitty. And honestly I'm not sure it was a joke.

Lets get to the bottom of this

Josiah, do you hate Ben? Its okay to answer honestly. This is a safe space.

Just trust us. It was a joke. Not the world's best, but I would bet my mother's life on it.

Dan: "I don't know how you keep the two locations apart."

Gee I don't know, because they pay an ounce of attention?

Yes I'm watching the final BitE stream.

imBask

Banned
yeah they should delete the music and characters

but to retain the core gameplay they should replace the squids with cho aniki characters

Characters and music are fine.

the map rotation system is bad
having to quit to change your loadout is bad
the unskippable cutscene for the maps are bad
the unskippable dialogues for unlocking weapons are bad
the UI is bad
the lobby is a hellhole and the framerate is bad
The voice chat thing is an actual joke

This game is really rough, except for the gameplay part that is amazing. And even that gets kinda boring quick because of the map rotation system, which is bad

EDIT : added "Controls are bad, don't forget that. The vertical axis scale is way off, accelaration is bad and motion controls are half-arsed."

Joeku

I'm sure he'll make a case for it, but Music has already been decided this year with Nier, Persona, and Yakuza 0. Plenty of room for honorable mentions tho.

I won't be able to play the game til later, but I'm listening to the Pyre OST right now and it's pretty fucking good. I mean I didn't doubt that it would be, cuz Darren Korb is the shit. Still impressive.

derFeef

Characters and music are fine.

the map rotation system is bad
having to quit to change your loadout is bad
the unskippable cutscene for the maps are bad
the unskippable dialogues for unlocking weapons are bad
the UI is bad
the lobby is a hellhole and the framerate is bad
The voice chat thing is an actual joke

This game is really rough, except for the gameplay part that is amazing. And even that gets kinda boring quick because of the map rotation system

Controls are bad, don't forget that. The vertical axis scale is way off, accelaration is bad and motion controls are half-arsed.

derFeef

Disagree, controls work fine. Feels better than most other shooters I've tried to play with a controller

I am sorry but no way that's true. I am no console shooter fan since I am mainly play them on PC but I manage to play the big games just fine and without frustration.
This on the other hand just feels bad and like I said, seems badly tuned. It's the main reason I don't fire it up at the moment - it seems like a great game but I am fighting the controls more than anything.

daveo42

Banned
Watching the housekeeping episode of BitE after the finale completely shows just how much Alex is invested in Yakuza and how uninterested Dan is. Also, the sheer amount of heat actions we missed out on during the run is astounding.

50pp 4 lyfe

That's one weak ass lyfe yo

Hindl

I am sorry but no way that's true. I am no console shooter fan since I am mainly play them on PC but I manage to play the big games just fine and without frustration.
This on the other hand just feels bad and like I said, seems badly tuned. It's the main reason I don't fire it up at the moment - it seems like a great game but I am fighting the controls more than anything.

All I know is that I'm vastly more accurate and have less issues lining up the shots I want to make in Splatoon 2 than other multiplayer shooters. So for me, Splatoon 2's controls are fine and I enjoy the shooting in it more than other shooters

How do you know other than that? Like outside of "metatextual" clues how can you really tell? There was no joke. They weren't doing a bit nor was it structured as a joke. So even if he was kidding, it was impossible to tell unless you know the guy. And I know nothing about that podcast and never heard of the dude so I wouldn't automatically assume that he must be joking because he's some industry insider. So you know as much as I do.

are you arguing just to argue or do you actually think you're right?

TraBuch

Banned
He has nothing to apologize for. It was a harmless joke that fell flat and people took way out of context because that's what people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom