• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJTsuki

Neo Member
I liked it until it became over saturated with Patrick. I don't mind Patrick, but I miss the old crew. :(

I guess it's all about what you're use to. I like Patrick, but I kind of wish they used him more as a guest, when there's more news to talk about. His writing is fantastic, and I think he would be a great journalist in any field, but, for me, at least, he unbalances that perfect "Four Musketeers" team of Ryan, Jeff, Vinny and Brad.

I'm guessing that he is secretly providing a chance for each of them to duck out of the room for long stretches to take a break during the really long podcasts.

ultron87

That statement is true, and here is the proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXW082c_e1w

I love Jeff's "Oh Christ!" when Yosuke takes Teddie's head off.

Everything just comes together perfectly: Jeff + Vinny + all the hilarious crap that happens in the game + plenty of opportunities make hilarious comments at any point since battles and dialogue have built in pauses.

The fact that Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time might make me slightly biased.

Yukiko's shadow seducing them into the TV was a hilarious moment. Honestly, if you like Giant Bomb's stuff and you didn't watch the original ER, fucking watch it. No other ER has come close. We just keep chasing that same high.

Aaron

The three part Freedom Fighters Load Last Save is best content in the universe. It's got humor, tension, medkits, and freedom you can wear tied around your jeans.

kQ19S.jpg

This thread pleases me.

As awesome as this image is, I'm curious to see the original.

I listened to the episode recently where Brad got back from SKorea for the SC2 finals, and he had been in the same hotel as some politicians. Vinny said he should have called the hotel asking about the giant bomb guy.
Cracked me up.

that photo, haha

sixghost

I know for the last bunch of quests they had just been handing them off to the interns, I don't think they're quite as popular as they initially were. It's a shame cause I do think they're kinda cool.

They were a neat idea, but the execution never seemed great. Most of the time all you got was a really vague hint, then I would spend 15 minutes going to pages that fit the hint, but just weren't selected as one of the answers.

I remember one that was like "Games in space", then went to 3-4 pages of games set in space, and only 1 was an answer. Was done after that.

sixghost

Unfun, trying to come up with something of interest every week, and boredom.

Jar Time, Random PC game, Load Last Save, Breaking Brad, Ramnlin Rorie, and Not Jar Time were all good replacements though

I wish Tested would have soldiered on and done a 30-45 minute livestream every 3rd week or something in the same vein as their HH segments. They were always great.

They were a neat idea, but the execution never seemed great. Most of the time all you got was a really vague hint, then I would spend 15 minutes going to pages that fit the hint, but just weren't selected as one of the answers.

I remember one that was like "Games in space", then went to 3-4 pages of games set in space, and only 1 was an answer. Was done after that.

Never forget the "mech" one that didn't count some of the biggest mech games of all time like Mech Warrior, or the infamous early "common RPG enemy" one that had some bizarre inclusions and exclusions.

They got better about them, but yeah, after a while it became clear that XP meant nothing and all you were doing was going to a concept or company page and opening a bunch of tabs.

Fox318

Unfun, trying to come up with something of interest every week, and boredom.

Jar Time, Random PC game, Load Last Save, Breaking Brad, Ramnlin Rorie, and Not Jar Time were all good replacements though

I actually think it is good to come up with scheduled content. It's not always great to just create shit when you think of something. Deadlines can be productive.

I love GiantBomb, bought so many games based off of their quicklooks (including the ones that they didn't warm up to but I found interesting)

I ended up getting a racing wheel because of them
I played WAY too much Jackie Chan fighting game during winterbreak because of them
I became a member last winter so I could watch "Load the Last Save" Crusader: No Remorse.
The sight of energy drinks sickens me now.
They made me realize that 1up and IGN look like geocities and myspace now.

They were the perfect replacement for the 1upShow and GFW for me.

AColdDay

Giantbomb is alright, but I think the explosive coverage that rivalvideogamewebsite.com provides is second to none. If I had to pick a second it would be either Giantbomb or gamebomb.ru.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I love GiantBomb, bought so many games based off of their quicklooks (including the ones that they didn't warm up to but I found interesting)

I ended up getting a racing wheel because of them

Don't buy a racing wheel.

No, seriously, DON'T buy a racing wheel...

DON'T BUY A RACING WHEEL!!!!

I have a racing wheel. It's awesome. Hell I have a racing chair too. Vinny shouldn't listen to the rest of those guys (who are notorious wet blankets.)

Vinny should get a racing wheel.

Also GAF should have a poll of giantbomb questions.
Go-Kart Track or Unlimited Klondikes. Go.
Go kart track, it's a no brainer.

1. You can invite friends over and have go kart parties
2. You can turn it into a lucrative business

Also Klondike bars are not all that great.

Man... I wish I could justify watching that entire Endurance Run again. I watched it all after the fact and it still took me months to get through it all.

Maybe if I can just do a video a day to substitute for Chrono Trigger being over so fast...

I'm a little over halfway through watching it all a second time and it's still great. Do it!

obonicus

Though between an A-10 HOTAS and a racing wheel, I'd much rather Vinny get the HOTAS.

a) It's much more awesome
b) It's much dumber

Vire

Will Smith @willsmith Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

"Wait, Happy Hour is for everyone today. Not just members! Enjoy gang?"

Woo, come one come all GAF.

The site never loads for me in Chrome. It's just a white mess of blue words and lots of scrolling. It might be because I'm at work, but I'm never interested in visiting the site when my browsing is not restricted.

Dave asks about the Vita is probably the most informative vita video so far.

still not sure if I want one.

Also I hope the new Happy Hour doesnt suck. So I hope the Comic Vine people step there game up.

Dave asks about the Vita is probably the most informative vita video so far.

still not sure if I want one.

Also I hope the new Happy Hour doesnt suck. So I hope the Comic Vine people step there game up.

I knew nothing about it other than some pictures. I had a lot of the same questions. I was much informed by the video.

I won't be buying one.

It was talked about in the persona 4 official thread mostly I think. At least that was where I discussed it.

This is unacceptable :p The Persona 4 Endurance Run is an epitome of the Let's Play format that should be made paradigm.

I mean, it's so fucking funny dude. Like the owl head part where Jeff did a thing. You know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom