• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
According to the FFXIII-2 QL, he played and mostly enjoyed FFXIII. Which would lead me to believe he's enjoyed better titles in the genre.
In my years of following Giant Bomb those are literally the only 2 JRPGs I've ever remembered him even mentioning playing, which is why I asked...

LiK

In my years of following Giant Bomb those are literally the only 2 JRPGs I've ever remembered him even mentioning playing, which is why I asked...

well, Brad did mention that he hasn't really played much since FFX, iirc.

I could be wrong! I might be mis-remembering things.

I just

really want to like Brad and I'm looking for more reasons.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok, so he possibly liked JRPGs back in the day. That to me isn't the same as being a fan of JRPGs the way most JRPG fans are fans of JRPGs. The only time I ever see actual JRPG footage on GB (aside from Brad's review of FF13 and this latest QL of 13-2) was when they were shoveling them off on Kessler.

LiQuid!

Also "dulcet tones" and "endearing badness at videogames" are popular Bradisms.

Vire

Happy Hour Tease!

Akw7CMkCEAAYvKf.jpg

Akw0vaYCEAITDtb.jpg

Remember folks, tonight is free for everyone.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, never seen one before. Usually at ridiculous hours in the morning for me to even stay awake.
They archive every show. I'm not sure how it works for non-subscribers though, whether or not those are available to you after they air.

JonCha

They archive every show. I'm not sure how it works for non-subscribers though, whether or not those are available to you after they air.

I'm a subscriber (don't really know why with 720p videos, though) but only watch Quick Looks and Jeff's jar feature really. Sometimes I don't find their video content that interesting on the video side. Perhaps it's a cultural thing, I dunno.

Svafnir

God I love GiantBomb and the bombcast, easily my favorite video game website.

Pretty much like all the video content they put out, just recently subscribed and been catching up on backlog of videos. I wish the chrono trigger endurance run was longer, it gave me many laughs ;.;

Oh, is tonight a free show? Hell, I wasn't even aware that they'd stopped happy hours. This is perfect if it is free, because getting drunk and watching one of these shindigs is exactly how I'd like to spend the first part of my friday night.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm a subscriber (don't really know why with 720p videos, though) but only watch Quick Looks and Jeff's jar feature really. Sometimes I don't find their video content that interesting on the video side. Perhaps it's a cultural thing, I dunno.
It's pretty much dumb white people heaven.

I can't get enough of all the different dumb shit they do for video features. I can absolutely see why someone would not be into though.

Brad will indeed, one day, leave Giant Bomb. This is true.

Just like everyone who contributes towards keeping that crappy running 'joke' alive, will one day, die :)

Mahonay

Banned
Brad will indeed, one day, leave Giant Bomb. This is true.

Just like everyone who contributes towards keeping that crappy running 'joke' alive, will one day, die :)

I've blown up in a couple threads over at Giant Bomb over some the excruciatingly dumb running jokes, like "Brad is leaving" or "Jeff hates video games".

I've quickly learned that is a losing fight though. Giant Bomb has a large segment of the community that's very young, this shit just comes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom