• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
ib0OwqDUaSRpzx.jpg

I wish a torrent of every On The Spot existed. I'd love to have them all again but... so much effort.

Someone want to take one for the team?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm listening to the This Year compilations of the Hotspot, and it's funny how Ryan's voice sounds a little different. He's got a lot more presence now, I guess that's what hosting a show does.

Massa

Giant Bomb's favorite gaming journalist and Bombcast guest got into a twitter thing with David Jaffe a few hours ago, it's pretty funny.

Massa

Aww, they're all deleted now :(

It's all there. This is what I'm referring to:

@leighalexender: If I'd worked on twisted metal I'd just lie and say I didn't

(and a few more)

To which David Jaffe replied:
@davidscottjaffe: I love the fact that you think you'd be qualified to do anything other than critique and judge the hard work other folks do. It's important to have goals, so good on you Alex!

obonicus

Patrick got into a tiff with jaffe?

I think it was Leigh Alexander, based on a few tweets still there.

jaffe's twitter said:
anything other than critique and judge the hard work other folks do. It's important to have goals, so good on you Alex!

“@leighalexander: If I'd worked on twisted metal I'd just lie and say I didn't” I love the fact that you think you'd be qualified to do

Leigh's retweeting TM snark from her followers; she's coming off as an idiot, honestly. Apparently there was some qualifications tweet she deleted, though.

Lets hope giantbomb invites the two onto the bombcast at GDC but doesn't tell either the other one is coming. Lets the twitters invade real life!

Speaking on GDC... I need more Paul in my life. That secrets of giantbomb was a tease, I need MORE!

SmithnCo

"what does this clown wanting to kill some chick have to do with him wanting to be in road races"

It's Twisted Metal, Leigh. Don't think too hard about it.

Aaron

I'm listening to the This Year compilations of the Hotspot, and it's funny how Ryan's voice sounds a little different. He's got a lot more presence now, I guess that's what hosting a show does.
Both he and Jeff change their tone when they're guests on other stuff instead of being on something Giant Bomb related. Feels like it's in respect to the host.

I think it was Leigh Alexander, based on a few tweets still there.

yeah I got that. Just Joking
and secretly hoping
that patrick is a guest.

At least she only seems to be hating on twisted because I guess she didnt like it.

She call Jaffe and everyone who likes twisted metal sexist yet?

Requeim

Both he and Jeff change their tone when they're guests on other stuff instead of being on something Giant Bomb related. Feels like it's in respect to the host.

No he is right actually, Ryan used to have a somewhat softer voice. You can even hear it if you go back to the really early Giant Bomb stuff or very easily in gamespot videos. I don't know if it's from smoking, putting on weight etc. but his voice has changed for sure. People bring it up every so often.

Lets hope giantbomb invites the two onto the bombcast at GDC but doesn't tell either the other one is coming. Lets the twitters invade real life!
It sounded promising at first, but the more I think about it, the less likely I'd be to ever finish listening to that episode.

I don't know if it's from smoking, putting on weight etc. but his voice has changed for sure. People bring it up every so often.
Buying a laser disc player makes your testicles drop a second time.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Listening to these Hotspots.....jesus, Jeff was a nerdcore rapper before he started writing for sites? Did nerdcore even exist in 1995? Wow.

It's all there. This is what I'm referring to:

@leighalexender: If I'd worked on twisted metal I'd just lie and say I didn't

(and a few more)

To which David Jaffe replied:
@davidscottjaffe: I love the fact that you think you'd be qualified to do anything other than critique and judge the hard work other folks do. It's important to have goals, so good on you Alex!

I just love when two people with personalities I find annoying get in a fight online. Always entertaining to watch unfold...

Odrion

Banned
What's tragic about David Jaffe is that when people pester him, he takes it seriously instead of realizing that they're complete idiots and ignoring them.

@leighalexander said:
@crixlee @thekevindent @davidscottjaffe I mean, I knew it wasn't my taste but I expected the new one at least to be well made

@leighalexander said:
The 3D modeling is embarrassing WAIT IS THAT WHITE ZOMBIE ajhjjhddjhhgahaja worst game

@leighalexander said:
@ScottMadin @laevantine it's not good. It's not even cute. He's prob defensive bc he's embarrassed. That's okay.

@leighalexander said:
"i worked really hard " = "i don't deserve criticism" is uniquely a millennial concept

Huh

Have we not yet realised that Alexander is just a stupid cunt who should be ignored?

If she were a GAFer she wouldn't have made it beyond the status of Junior. Then she'd say EviLore was sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom