• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a developer more open to criticism than Jaffe? Just the way he presents himself on podcasts (cursing aside) I don't think I've heard anyone more enthusiastic to get honest and negative feedback on their game

Is there a developer more open to criticism than Jaffe? Just the way he presents himself on podcasts (cursing aside) I don't think I've heard anyone more enthusiastic to get honest and negative feedback on their game
Yeah he seemed pretty reasonable on Weekend Confirmed. The difference here is a lack of respect. Criticize the game, don't belittle the people who worked on it.

sixghost

She can't be expected to slog through drivel like Twisted Metal when she's busy decoding Kojima's genius in Metal Gear Solid for the rest of us.

"Nobody really appreciates Kojima's true genius. It's like Kojima is old snake, BECAUSE HE'S OLD TOO AND THERES NO ROOM FOR SNAKE AND THERES NO ROOM FOR KOJIMA OR SOMETHING"

LCfiner

She can't be expected to slog through drivel like Twisted Metal when she's busy decoding Kojima's genius in Metal Gear Solid for the rest of us.

"Nobody really appreciates Kojima's true genius. It's like Kojima is old snake, BECAUSE HE'S OLD TOO AND THERES NO ROOM FOR SNAKE AND THERES NO ROOM FOR KOJIMA OR SOMETHING"

Oh yeah, I knew there was a reason I didn't like her very much. It was the Kojima adoration. I can't take anyone seriously who thought MGS4 was smart in any way.

Maybe that's a personality flaw of mine. I don't care.

Having not played the MGS games, I actually found what she had to say on it pretty interesting and well-thought out if not a bit pretentious. Though I suppose it could also be bat-shit insane. Yeah, let's just go with that.

Have we not yet realised that Alexander is just a stupid cunt who should be ignored?

If she were a GAFer she wouldn't have made it beyond the status of Junior. Then she'd say EviLore was sexist.

Her thought out articles (such as the ones for Edge) are fine. Any spur of the moment comments (such as things on Twitter and comments on Podcasts) are usually terrible.

sixghost

Having not played the MGS games, I actually found what she had to say on it pretty interesting and well-thought out if not a bit pretentious. Though I suppose it could also be bat-shit insane. Yeah, let's just go with that.

It was more that she was implying that nobody but her appreciated or picked up on certain metaphors and themes in the game when it was the same stuff everyone else was discussing after the game's release.

obonicus

I used to kinda like sexyvideogameland, and I didn't think her first bombcast event was so bad. (I mean, yeah, she was drunk and obnoxious, but drunk + podcast = obnoxious.) On the other hand, everyone gets to be a dumbass, but she doubles down by responding to all the fanboy rage and retweeting all of her defender's tweets to the point where it's hard not to see her as an idiot.

Can we please not bog the thread down with stuff that has no real relation to GB? Go make a thread for it if you think it's that conversation worthy.

Have we not yet realised that Alexander is just a stupid cunt who should be ignored?

If she were a GAFer she wouldn't have made it beyond the status of Junior. Then she'd say EviLore was sexist.

I don't care how much you dislike her, or anyone else, that sort of sentiment doesn't do anyone any favours, least of all you.

Edit: And hey guys, when people aren't calling others cunts, I do so Love Mondays

Branson

I was wondering if someone on here was going to talk about Leighs weird ass tweets about metal and TM when I read them yesterday. Wtf.

Can we please not bog the thread down with stuff that has no real relation to GB? Go make a thread for it if you think it's that conversation worthy.
But she's the unofficial 6th member of Giant Bomb.

I would make a thread but would anyone who's not a GB enthusiast even know who she was?

Patryn

But she's the unofficial 6th member of Giant Bomb.

I would make a thread but would anyone who's not a GB enthusiast even know who she was?

I also vote that we no longer post stuff about her. She was on two Bombcasts. If that counted, we should also be posting Jeff Green news all over the place.

On-topic: I'm really curious who will get the ME3 review. Brad?

I also vote that we no longer post stuff about her. She was on two Bombcasts. If that counted, we should also be posting Jeff Green news all over the place.

On-topic: I'm really curious who will get the ME3 review. Brad?
Apples and oranges, Jeff Green doesn't have the same cult status as Leigh does.

Dragon

Banned
I'm an equal opportunistic, even with insults. Applies to both genders - that's the beauty of it!

If it's good for Vinny, it's good for me.

Vinny didn't call anyone that though. The beauty of language is you can get your point across without resorting to shock value. If you can't express why you feel so strongly about her without using words like that, then it seems like you don't know what the hell you feel besides anger.

If that counted, we should also be posting Jeff Green news all over the place.

Excellent idea!

Jeff's Blog said:
Mortal thoughts

This past 6 months marked two significant milestones in my life: I turned 50, and my daughter turned 18. Even typing these sentences now results in a certain cognitive dissonance, or, to speak more plainly--a quiet little freakout.

Know that feel bro. I'm turning 30 this year :(

Hoo-doo

Banned
So, Jeff is hosting the Bombcast this week then?
That'll mean that the podcast will be 33% shorter, but the opening will be at least twice as funny.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Vinny didn't call anyone that though. The beauty of language is you can get your point across without resorting to shock value. If you can't express why you feel so strongly about her without using words like that, then it seems like you don't know what the hell you feel besides anger.

I'd argue that the beauty of language is that it's capable of shocking. That a society has set an arbitrary line below a set of words deemed too offensive even for a mixed company willing to accept broad vulgarity like fuck, cock, shit, etc is total horseshit.

Dragon

Banned
I'd argue that the beauty of language is that it's capable of shocking. That a society has set an arbitrary line below a set of words deemed too offensive even for a mixed company willing to accept broad vulgarity like fuck, cock, shit, etc is total horseshit.

Sounds like a bunch of rich words to say that insulting a woman by using the word "cunt" is acceptable. I don't get it. Just like I don't get people telling Pachter to die in a prediction thread. Sure you may think their opinions are so totally off the wall insane and uninformed but being insulting doesn't seem to be an appropriate response.

BiggNife

What are you talking about? Cult status? People love when Green is on the bombcast. Leigh is hated by half of the community and I'm pretty sure no one at GB talks to her anymore except Patrick, who wasn't working for GB when E3 2010 happened.

Sounds like a bunch of rich words to say that insulting a woman by using the word "cunt" is acceptable. I don't get it. Just like I don't get people telling Pachter to die in a prediction thread. Sure you may think their opinions are so totally off the wall insane and uninformed but being insulting doesn't seem to be an appropriate response.

She acted like a cunt, several times, and was called out as one. It's really not that hard to understand. There have been countless posts, probably by myself as well, as to why she has acted like one in many Giant Bomb threads before. She's not worth that much of my time anymore, easier to summarise it with one fitting word, which I did!

Pachter is a total legend and anyone who said he should die is definitely a cunt though ;)

What? Have you never heard of GFW Radio, Out of the Game or Jeff Green's EA Antics™?

He's so much more popular/liked than Leigh and rightfully so!

Triphos

Neo Member

faridmon

That was the most horrible fan drivel I ever heard. that was just cringe worthy experience and I still can not bellieve that there were some people here that defended her. Now my mind will be blown if anyone still defend her.
Nothing about her rant was positive. If I was Kojima, I would actually think about stop making games just because one of my fans is as insane as her.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

You're trying to impose your own arbitrary limiters on a term on others though. In my mind, calling a woman a cunt for acting like a cunt is no different than calling a man a dick for acting like a dick. Also a woman can be a dick and a man can be a cunt too. This isn't a gender issue. It's a Leigh Alexander needs to shut her gape issue.

In my mind it's not the word it's the sentiment behind it, there's really no need to be that harsh towards a person just because you dislike them. I mean what the hell did Leigh do to warrant such vitriol? Got drunk and acted stupid on a podcast? Dear god, why hasn't she been arrested?

Seriously though this is not the place for this, it's pointless and has nothing to do with Giant Bomb.

faridmon

In my mind it's not the word it's the sentiment behind it, there's really no need to be that harsh towards a person just because you dislike them. I mean what the hell did Leigh do to warrant such vitriol? Got drunk and acted stupid on a podcast? Dear god, why hasn't she been arrested?

Seriously though this is not the place for this, it's pointless and has nothing to do with Giant Bomb.

Cunt?

Gav47

So SSX will probably be on TNT this week right? There's not much else out right now. Or maybe with Ryan out of the office Jeff will run another TM2 TNT lol

I agree, but to be fair, you were the one who highlighted it and made a big deal of it. :)

I have all of the On The Spots from 2004 and nearly 2005 now, for a GB related topic. Thankfully the 2005 eps are half the size of those from 2004. I should have them all by the weekend!

Good summer ahead watching them.

I'm still hoping to see...

The Tussle for Aiur
Brad Showmaker
vs​
Norman "Shoebreaker" Chan
3​

I was going for a fight poster. I couldn't think of anything that rhymed well with Protoss or Auir. Maybe the Fire in Auir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom