• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never understood the argument that X game is better with friends.

can't one apply that argument to just about any game with a coop feature? I'm struggling to figure out what games with some sort of coop function in it is actually worse with friends.

Not necessarily hurt being with friends but I can see games that don't suffer by playing without friends. In Destiny or Division I need friends to randomly chat to otherwise I realize how bored I am, but I could play other games with randoms and still have fun. At least that's how that comes off to me.

Brashnir

can't one apply that argument to just about any game with a coop feature? I'm struggling to figure out what games with some sort of coop function in it is actually worse with friends.

I once spent the better part of an evening with a few friends where we spent hours trying to see who could land a penny on the blades of a moving ceiling fan.

"Land-a-penny-on-a-ceiling-fan is a rudimentary physics-based game where players try to toss a penny onto a ceiling fan. 1/5 stars if played alone. 4/5 stars if played drunk with friends."

hint - the game doesn't get any better for the second score

Myggen

It can be applied to all coop games, and when such a big portion of the game is coop (or at least better played as a coop game) it gets extra important.

but the point being, flinging donkey shit at a dead dove would be more exciting with friends. It's a weak argument.

now, if a game came out and it was somehow better with enemies or even frienemies then you've got a piece of software that is impressive

Austin brings up Guyver in the first episode of Friends at the Table, I think I'm going to like this.

Speaking of, Dan should watch Guyver 2 just because David Hayter is in it and great.

justjim89

Man, that's a long Game Tapes. Gonna have to set aside time for that.

Stardew folks, a little advice here? It's the 26th of Spring and one of my last big potato harvests just came in. I have the Chicken Coop constructing, and about 3100 extra gold. Should I just save that to buy a shit ton of seeds for summer?

Also, is there an easy way to recover energy besides buying expensive food from the pub? I can't get past level 7 or 8 in the mines cause I run out of energy.

Stardew folks, a little advice here? It's the 26th of Spring and one of my last big potato harvests just came in. I have the Chicken Coop constructing, and about 3100 extra gold. Should I just save that to buy a shit ton of seeds for summer?

Also, is there an easy way to recover energy besides buying expensive food from the pub? I can't get past level 7 or 8 in the mines cause I run out of energy.

Just save the cash for more crops in summer, you only have 2 days. Regarding the mines, are you taking the elevator every five floors or are you starting at 1 each day? With energy there is the spa once you unlock it, which I forget when that happens. It's up past Robin's house by the homeless guy.

AngryMoth

About to start this game tapes video. Kinda disappointed they went with sony 06 instead of 05, that one was less meme filled but a way crazier trip down memory lane

Megasoum

Banned
Welp.... It's a Good News/Bad News kind of day...

I got to work and started getting really sick after 1-2 hours for no apparent reason. Sick enough that I decided to go back home for the rest of the day....

But hey... Game Tapes...

I kind of want all threads about the NX banned until someone actually says something concrete about it.

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic about the idea of it, but every time I see threads about it I just get annoyed that nothing is still known about it. If it stopped being talked about so much I'd probably just forget about it until it's seen.

Oh my god all these sales talks. Man this is so awkward/bad compared to current E3's where they just show games almost the whole time. I feel kinda spoiled by current E3.

TraBuch

Banned
Hearing the name Sean Paul reminds me of another Sean Paul, and makes me realizeI actually kinda miss the early to mid 2000's ATL rap scene.

Damn! broke my stock speakers and pissed off my parents when they found out what I was listening to.

daydream

Banned
Cdmp0T1W4AESCZb.jpg

bigkrev

Remember how in order to get Wifi on 360s, you needed to spend $100 on an Adaptor?

I remember thinking the PS3 price wasn't that bad at the time because a 399 20 gig Xbox with the adaptor was the same price as the 499 20 gig PS3 that had built in Wifi, and how much it sucked that in order to use the 360 on my familys large TV, I needed to buy that stupid thing because that room wasn't wired.

Remember how in order to get Wifi on 360s, you needed to spend $100 on an Adaptor?

I remember thinking the PS3 price wasn't that bad at the time because a 399 20 gig Xbox with the adaptor was the same price as the 499 20 gig PS3 that had built in Wifi, and how much it sucked that in order to use the 360 on my familys large TV, I needed to buy that stupid thing because that room wasn't wired.

the 20 gig PS3 didn't have wifi

Take a bath next to the train tracks

Megasoum

Banned
Oh right, I just realized that since I'm now a Spotify member I can finally dig out Dan's workout playlist and add it on my phone.

Hmmm... I followed it on the website, it showed up in the Windows app but it's not on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom