• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast <> 12/7/10

STG

Big Ass Ramp said:
Gc1FS.gif

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
Talon- said:
PlanetDiablo was the best Planet.

I do believe you're forgetting about Planet Tony Hawk... which is still totally up, by the way. Can you imagine what it must be like, updating a site about Tony Hawk video games in 2010?

MonsterDunk said:
I do believe you're forgetting about Planet Tony Hawk... which is still totally up, by the way. Can you imagine what it must be like, updating a site about Tony Hawk video games in 2010?
It's amazing how low the franchise has sunk from it's former glory. Hell, those games used to be critically acclaimed. Then around 4, they slowly became stale retreads. Now they're just bad games. I don't know if Ride and Shred are considered reboots, but they should consider rebooting that reboot. Fuck, give it back to Neversoft. They aren't doing much these days, are they...?

Lijik

I find it absurdly hilarious that there is an article about reviews for Shaun White Skateboarding instead of Tony Hawk Shred on Planet Tony Hawk.

see5harp

No one else share the love for House of Prime Rib in San Fran? I cannot resist that place, although last time I went there my stoned brother knocked over a lamp BEFORE we ate our meal so the entire meal was sorta embarrass. But that King cut. That right there nicca? Sheeeeeeeit.

Lijik said:
I find it absurdly hilarious that there is an article about reviews for Shaun White Skateboarding instead of Tony Hawk Shred on Planet Tony Hawk.
Well hey, if you're looking for clicks, why not go with a story about the game that sold slightly more?

golem

see5harp said:
No one else share the love for House of Prime Rib in San Fran? I cannot resist that place, although last time I went there my stoned brother knocked over a lamp BEFORE we ate our meal so the entire meal was sorta embarrass. But that King cut. That right there nicca? Sheeeeeeeit.
That place is damn good

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
He took 3/4 of a billion dollars....OUT OF HIS POCKET?!

chogidogs

MonsterDunk said:

We've been monsterdunk'd. That means, this thread will be like 10 pages long!

chogidogs

Osietra said:
I think that it's great that the Giantmom community exists. Always entertaining and thoughtful.

Giant moms are often entertaining and thoughtful. My mom bought me a mixer for xmas, and she's regular sized.

Aaron

Foliorum Viridum said:
That's more people than actually bought Ride, is it not? :lol
Ride actually sold pretty well. The follow up game, Shred, only sold 3,000 across all platforms.

GavinGT

Banned
Aaron said:
Ride actually sold pretty well. The follow up game, Shred, only sold 3,000 across all platforms.

I think a lot of that was Activision overshipping the product to retailers. Then, in a bid to get clear the shelf space, they were eventually marked down and sold.

I guess Ryan wasn't aware that Bret Iwan replaced Wayne Allwine as Mickey's voice. I don't think his death had anything to do with Mickey not being "voiced" in Epic Mickey.

DaBuddaDa

LiK said:
Listening to the show and I need to say this:

Disney World > Disneyland

That is all.
Well yeah, that's a given. Disneyland is a dirty, half-assed wannabe that comes nowhere close to the Real Deal. And I mean nowhere remotely close. Disney World is Final Fantasy VII, and Disneyland is that FF7 cellphone snowboarding game.

LiK

DaBuddaDa said:
Well yeah, that's a given. Disneyland is a dirty, half-assed wannabe that comes nowhere close to the Real Deal.
Well, Disneyland was first but yea, its kinda ghetto compared to World.

Rlan

I am almost entirely certain that the top-down game they were talking about is MERCS, the super sweet sequel to Commando. It had you drive a Tank, Jeep, get a Flame Thrower and all that jazz.

The Megadrive version was super awesome too -- the Original mode was great.

stupei

hamchan said:
.....So you want to see people banned?

Of course he does! He's a member of NeoGAF, and you know how petty they can be.

Xater said:
Haha, with threads like this no wonder I only visit GB for the content.

I also can't believ Planet Tony Hawk still exists and gets new content. Planet Quake also seems to be alive and kicking. :lol

Even Planet Half-Life is still there. Wonder when they last posted Episode 3 info...

snap0212

FStop7 said:
Isn't cross forum trolling / forum raiding a bannable offense?
Don't both sides know (or at least their admins/mods) that this is basically nothing? I mean; it's not like NeoGAF is known for being anti-GiantBomb. We all love their site and as long as it's not an illegal amount of trolling, there's not really a problem. Just my opinion, though.

LOL nice to see I'm not the only one who want to try solitary confinement

Do they let you have books. Bring book in get lots of sleep do a few push ups. Doesn't sound so bad to me personally but then again I've never tried it

Stupid wife and kids when is my alone time! You'd think they learn to not talk to me when I have headphones on - bombcast time = alone time

LCfiner

fireplace quicklook would be incredible. make it happen before the holidays, GB!

I will download it in HD and play it on my TV instead of the actual fireplace "game”. Merry Xmas

Also thanks to JOHN for actually putting the link to the Bombcast page in the OP. None of the other peckers who make these threads ever do that, and it drives me crazy.

Top Bottom