• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast <> 12/7/10

Lijik

g05e7.gif

I showed the Yogi poster to Mrs. Neuromancer. I had to basically spell it out for her and then she said I had a dirty mind. Seriously though how can any adult look at that poster and not snicker to themselves?!

WEGGLES

Does anyone get the feeling they were trolling pc gamers with their "What next gen should be" talk?

"I don't think games should necessarily look better, just run smoother and in HD etc."
Oh, like a PC

"I think it'd be great if they went all digital"
Oh like a PC

"They should have a giant storage drive and a smaller SSD for more important stuff"
...like a PC

"Cloud saves would be amazing"
.....like a PC

"it should be like $500"

I was waiting for them to say

"I'd love to see mouse and keyboard support on the next xbox" :lol

ArjanN

WEGGLES said:
Does anyone get the feeling they were trolling pc gamers with their "What next gen should be" talk?

"I don't think games should necessarily look better, just run smoother and in HD etc."
Oh, like a PC

Oh like a PC

"They should have a giant storage drive and a smaller SSD for more important stuff"
...like a PC

.....like a PC

"it should be like $500"

I often feel the same way when I hear them talking about the technical flaws of some game, like pop-in or loadtimes and
then I think: what, the game didn't have those problems, oh, wait, console version.

WEGGLES said:
No because anyone who listens to Giant Bomb knows that they're primarily console gamers.

WEGGLES

Neuromancer said:
No because anyone who listens to Giant Bomb knows that they're primarily console gamers.
I know they're console gamers, but still...

It seriously seemed like they were intentionally naming all the strengths of PC gaming over the consoles. :lol

pharmboy044 said:
What the FUCK is wrong with that guys arm?
They said it was actually some kind of condition, didn't know the name though.

WEGGLES said:
I know they're console gamers, but still...

It seriously seemed like they were intentionally naming all the strengths of PC gaming over the consoles. :lol
Oh. :lol Well trolling implies a sense of purpose, I think they just weren't even thinking about PC's in that discussion.

Xater

WEGGLES said:

Oh, like a PC

Oh like a PC

...like a PC

.....like a PC

"it should be like $500"

I don't see the problem here. Pretty much everyone is aware of the strengths that PC gaming has, so it's not unreasonable to want these things for the next generation of consoles.

WEGGLES

Neuromancer said:
Oh. :lol Well trolling implies a sense of purpose, I think they just weren't even thinking about PC's in that discussion.
Which is a shame.

Hearing complaints about Dead Rising 2 being a technical mess was confusing to me, as it ran flawlessly... too bad it was a garbage game. But not in a technical way.

They even built a PC recently on the site.

Though, I imagine it likely comes down to publishers sending console copies of games more than Pc.

Xater said:
I don't see the problem here. Pretty much everyone is aware of the strengths that PC gaming has, so it's not unreasonable to want these things for the next generation of consoles.

But they make it out like it's some far flung future. The future is now.

It's not even like M+K on games is an issue. A lot of games support the 360 controller.

WEGGLES said:

Oh, like a PC

Oh like a PC

...like a PC

.....like a PC

"it should be like $500"

Smooth 1080p please.

Curufinwe

They weren't trolling, they're just kind of oblivious.

And the game Ryan was referring to (Ass Creed Bro) won't be released on the PC for months.

V_Ben

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
The best part is that it's allegedly done by the film's animators. :lol
I saw ryan's tweet about it. Those animators sure have a sense of humour. God I wish that would make it onto a DVD release :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
WEGGLES said:

Oh, like a PC

Oh like a PC

...like a PC

.....like a PC

"it should be like $500"

It always felt to me like they were going the other way, and trolling console games. :lol

They're all primarily console gamers now, but do often play on Steam and have been hardcore PC gamers in the past. They know the strengths of the platform and would like those to translate over in the next gen of hardware.

Top Bottom