• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant, mysterious hole has reopened in Antarctica, scientists not sure why

Ctlead

Banned
1d7GBfF.png

What will we find at the bottom?

How wonderful!

Capra

You know, at this point I'd be pretty okay with the Schwartzwelt opening up to swallow humanity for its sins.

Also you guys really need to give it a rest with that cat picture.

icedragon08

Neo Member
Why is this big news? Thats a big hole in sea ice which melts every year. Melting season is starting now and strong storms and sub surface water streams can open such holes all the time. Probably just a lucky coincidence that it got so large.

Newlove

It's the opening that's always been there but expanded so the aliens can get in and out of living underground in the hollow earth.

Savitar

It's where Russia plans to put it's vanished people too. They need a grave that big, especially when they fully take over the US.

W-00

Guys, its right there. Weird typing...goes over into the other cell...Says he comes..

No teacups. No cats.

Its like I'm taking crazy pills!

T̴̨̡̮̝̞̣̩̫̺͌̊̀̅̎ḫ̴̨̮̘͉̳͓̫͍̩͙̻̏e̸̡̤̗̱̰͕̪͖̼͇͙̽̔͆̎̂̽̚͝ͅṋ̶̭̣̯͕̣͔̤̲̤̟̫̌ ̴̭̝̝̘̭̒̈́̇̈́̂̋̓̕͝ͅÌ̶̝͈̜͇̻͚̃̌̆̀̇̿͋́̽̐̔̿͘̕ ̴̨̧̟̲̭̪͖̲͚͙͌̈̈́͜ş̷̛̣̬͇̊̄̋̃ͅͅu̵̢̧̧̯̰͙̗̭̠̠̱̯̳̾̈̕g̴̞̪͚̺̾g̶̩̘̅͆͐̊͒̈́̈́͑̀̅͛͝ę̷̧̰̞͉̳͚̫͖̤͆͘ͅs̷̡̧̠̰͖͚̞͉͉̤̉̈́ͅţ̵̨̡̛̯͈̰̬̮̩͍̫̱̏̊͋͐͐̐͋̈́̃̈́̅͘͜ͅ ̴̢̢̜̞̱̮̽̓̈́̃͛̑̇́̀̉͠ͅẙ̷̛̹̰̾̈̊̊̐̓͐́̋̓̕̕ō̴̯͓̟̥̗̹u̷̫̹̿̓͋̃̓̔̎̿̓ ̵̲̌͂̃̎̇̔̾̿̍̽̿͝ş̶̩̬̣͔̳̥̣̳̾̔̒̑̾̊̐͒͐͑̍̽̐ͅͅͅṱ̸̻̣̗̰̣̼̲͚̘̹͑̉̾͝o̴̡̡̙̪̲̜͚̩͚̖̖̹͆͒͗͌̋̂̏̽̾̀͋ͅp̵̢͖͉̝̣̟͈̤̩̙̯̯̅͂̽͛̅ ̶̨̛͚̼̜̪̠̞̭͈͕͔̦̓͛͆͗̓͆͐͆͂͊͜͠͝͝͝t̴̢̗̜͖̬̮͖̃̓̈́̉̃̌́̕̕ą̴̧͉̗̱̈́͐̈́̿̔̉̆͒͊̅̿̚͝͝k̴̙͛̕i̸̗̗̻͑̌͊̃̀͠n̶̻̞̩̟̐͌͊̎͒͌̔́̃̈́͑̓̊̚g̷̡̢̰̠̗̻̭̙̥̮͓̋̏̀̆̔̍̾̀̕ ̷̢̗̜̹̗̹͓̝̭͚̤̞̾t̷̹̲̜̪̪̰̯̙̲̰͉͈̫̜̅͗̽͂͋͊͝ͅh̶̡̛̪̞̞̞̉̄̽̈́̀̓͝͝ě̸̢̠͔̼͉̹͕̐̄̉̿̽̄͂͗̈́̒͆͘͜͝ ̸̢̣̝̘̤̥̳̓̄̍̀̅͗̍̏̈́͜͝ͅp̷̨̛̤̗̓͌̊̎͊̿͊́̋͋̈͝i̶̧̡̧̛͕̣̦̹͍̪͇̹̞̓̈̓̀̏̔́͑̏̅̊̓̍͜͝l̶̛̬͓̦̫̑͊̍̓́̐͋̓̐̏̕͝ḷ̷̨̘͎̺̟̦̦͙͚̟͙̯̯̿͑͌͂̋̐̓̒̽̋͂̓͘̚s̷̛̪̏͌̎̎̃̕.̷̢̢̛̝͈̟͇͈̺̤̮̠͈̘͔̲̆͆̇̾̒̀͂̈́͒̋͗̉̍̋ ̴̙̬̄́̉T̸͖̯̪̳̞̭͗ͅḣ̴̢̦̟̝͙̥̟͓͎̙̘̺̫̽͐͛͆͠ę̴̛̘̰͙̲̻̂̓͑͑̚ͅr̷̥͗̀̉e̶͍̞͈̣̰̣̘̬̖͕̎̽̋̅͗'̴̧̳̺̣̝̱̯̣̗̗͙͍͋̆̎͐͋s̶̖̩̻͖̰̗̟̙̝͚̜̉̏́͗͛̾͑͂̕ ̴̠̐̈́̊̓͝j̶̯͔̤͉̞̊͊͗͜ú̴͈̟̗̈́͝ͅs̶͈͙̭͌̀t̵͐́͋̑̑̀͑̕ͅ ̷̝̽ả̷̧̧̛̼̳̖͕̙̹̣̣͖̙̮̺͛̄̃͛͋̾̆̊͠ ̷̢̦̗̫̯̥̳̰̎̈́̔̆̆̃̏͘c̴̛̱̻̣̗̿͌͛̍́̉̃̔͘̚̕͝u̴̢̧̨̡͖̯̤̞̙͇̹̖̰̩͎̎̅͋̍̎̌͑̿̈́̽̚̕ţ̸̢͇̺̫̻̬̬͖̉̍̉ę̴̱͔͚̭̰̳̗͇͈̜̇̑͑͌̏̀́̐̈̈́͝͝ ̸̻̘̀̔̓̓̂̃͆͗k̵̦̇͆͆́̃̆̌̓͂̈̉̚̕̕ị̸̱̟̙͖̲̭͇̍̅̔̈́͋́̃̓͛͌́̕͜͠͝ţ̷̱̳̖̳̼̦̦͚̒͒̑͐͌̒̋̉̈̇́͐̔̕͜t̵̨̨̘̯̩̗̜̰̝̊͜ͅý̶̡̜̼͎͓̲͇̼ͅ ̵̞̔̀p̵̤̘͉̱͓͇̬̟̭͔̭̣̗̍̓̍͗̆i̴̞͕̦͉̳̳̩͊͐̌̽̒̈́́̾͊c̷̈̃́͑́̂͜͝t̴̗̼̟̘̟̦̄̈́͝ủ̷̦̺͙̤͛̍͂̉̃̅̆̓́̋͠͝r̶̡̛̛͉̦͛͋̏̄̒͊͐͘͝ͅę̴̝̻̖̬͍͇̹̲̪̭̦̗̩͒̌.̷̧͇̭͔̰͖̐̂̐͗̂̽̏͂̌̍͜

Volimar

T̴̨̡̮̝̞̣̩̫̺͌̊̀̅̎ḫ̴̨̮̘͉̳͓̫͍̩͙̻̏e̸̡̤̗̱̰͕̪͖̼͇͙̽̔͆̎̂̽̚͝ͅṋ̶̭̣̯͕̣͔̤̲̤̟̫̌ ̴̭̝̝̘̭̒̈́̇̈́̂̋̓̕͝ͅÌ̶̝͈̜͇̻͚̃̌̆̀̇̿͋́̽̐̔̿͘̕ ̴̨̧̟̲̭̪͖̲͚͙͌̈̈́͜ş̷̛̣̬͇̊̄̋̃ͅͅu̵̢̧̧̯̰͙̗̭̠̠̱̯̳̾̈̕g̴̞̪͚̺̾g̶̩̘̅͆͐̊͒̈́̈́͑̀̅͛͝ę̷̧̰̞͉̳͚̫͖̤͆͘ͅs̷̡̧̠̰͖͚̞͉͉̤̉̈́ͅţ̵̨̡̛̯͈̰̬̮̩͍̫̱̏̊͋͐͐̐͋̈́̃̈́̅͘͜ͅ ̴̢̢̜̞̱̮̽̓̈́̃͛̑̇́̀̉͠ͅẙ̷̛̹̰̾̈̊̊̐̓͐́̋̓̕̕ō̴̯͓̟̥̗̹u̷̫̹̿̓͋̃̓̔̎̿̓ ̵̲̌͂̃̎̇̔̾̿̍̽̿͝ş̶̩̬̣͔̳̥̣̳̾̔̒̑̾̊̐͒͐͑̍̽̐ͅͅͅṱ̸̻̣̗̰̣̼̲͚̘̹͑̉̾͝o̴̡̡̙̪̲̜͚̩͚̖̖̹͆͒͗͌̋̂̏̽̾̀͋ͅp̵̢͖͉̝̣̟͈̤̩̙̯̯̅͂̽͛̅ ̶̨̛͚̼̜̪̠̞̭͈͕͔̦̓͛͆͗̓͆͐͆͂͊͜͠͝͝͝t̴̢̗̜͖̬̮͖̃̓̈́̉̃̌́̕̕ą̴̧͉̗̱̈́͐̈́̿̔̉̆͒͊̅̿̚͝͝k̴̙͛̕i̸̗̗̻͑̌͊̃̀͠n̶̻̞̩̟̐͌͊̎͒͌̔́̃̈́͑̓̊̚g̷̡̢̰̠̗̻̭̙̥̮͓̋̏̀̆̔̍̾̀̕ ̷̢̗̜̹̗̹͓̝̭͚̤̞̾t̷̹̲̜̪̪̰̯̙̲̰͉͈̫̜̅͗̽͂͋͊͝ͅh̶̡̛̪̞̞̞̉̄̽̈́̀̓͝͝ě̸̢̠͔̼͉̹͕̐̄̉̿̽̄͂͗̈́̒͆͘͜͝ ̸̢̣̝̘̤̥̳̓̄̍̀̅͗̍̏̈́͜͝ͅp̷̨̛̤̗̓͌̊̎͊̿͊́̋͋̈͝i̶̧̡̧̛͕̣̦̹͍̪͇̹̞̓̈̓̀̏̔́͑̏̅̊̓̍͜͝l̶̛̬͓̦̫̑͊̍̓́̐͋̓̐̏̕͝ḷ̷̨̘͎̺̟̦̦͙͚̟͙̯̯̿͑͌͂̋̐̓̒̽̋͂̓͘̚s̷̛̪̏͌̎̎̃̕.̷̢̢̛̝͈̟͇͈̺̤̮̠͈̘͔̲̆͆̇̾̒̀͂̈́͒̋͗̉̍̋ ̴̙̬̄́̉T̸͖̯̪̳̞̭͗ͅḣ̴̢̦̟̝͙̥̟͓͎̙̘̺̫̽͐͛͆͠ę̴̛̘̰͙̲̻̂̓͑͑̚ͅr̷̥͗̀̉e̶͍̞͈̣̰̣̘̬̖͕̎̽̋̅͗'̴̧̳̺̣̝̱̯̣̗̗͙͍͋̆̎͐͋s̶̖̩̻͖̰̗̟̙̝͚̜̉̏́͗͛̾͑͂̕ ̴̠̐̈́̊̓͝j̶̯͔̤͉̞̊͊͗͜ú̴͈̟̗̈́͝ͅs̶͈͙̭͌̀t̵͐́͋̑̑̀͑̕ͅ ̷̝̽ả̷̧̧̛̼̳̖͕̙̹̣̣͖̙̮̺͛̄̃͛͋̾̆̊͠ ̷̢̦̗̫̯̥̳̰̎̈́̔̆̆̃̏͘c̴̛̱̻̣̗̿͌͛̍́̉̃̔͘̚̕͝u̴̢̧̨̡͖̯̤̞̙͇̹̖̰̩͎̎̅͋̍̎̌͑̿̈́̽̚̕ţ̸̢͇̺̫̻̬̬͖̉̍̉ę̴̱͔͚̭̰̳̗͇͈̜̇̑͑͌̏̀́̐̈̈́͝͝ ̸̻̘̀̔̓̓̂̃͆͗k̵̦̇͆͆́̃̆̌̓͂̈̉̚̕̕ị̸̱̟̙͖̲̭͇̍̅̔̈́͋́̃̓͛͌́̕͜͠͝ţ̷̱̳̖̳̼̦̦͚̒͒̑͐͌̒̋̉̈̇́͐̔̕͜t̵̨̨̘̯̩̗̜̰̝̊͜ͅý̶̡̜̼͎͓̲͇̼ͅ ̵̞̔̀p̵̤̘͉̱͓͇̬̟̭͔̭̣̗̍̓̍͗̆i̴̞͕̦͉̳̳̩͊͐̌̽̒̈́́̾͊c̷̈̃́͑́̂͜͝t̴̗̼̟̘̟̦̄̈́͝ủ̷̦̺͙̤͛̍͂̉̃̅̆̓́̋͠͝r̶̡̛̛͉̦͛͋̏̄̒͊͐͘͝ͅę̴̝̻̖̬͍͇̹̲̪̭̦̗̩͒̌.̷̧͇̭͔̰͖̐̂̐͗̂̽̏͂̌̍͜

It's all stacked up on mobile, different from the desktop version.

Top Bottom