• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb E3 thread

eznark

Banned
lawblob said:
35 minute in, and yep, she's basically ruining the show. There are few traits more obnoxious or immature than the need to constantly interrupt and talk over the other people engaged in a conversation.
keep listening, when she apologizes about being rude and belligerent the last time she was on and one of the other guests goes "I cannot imagine that" I totally lost my shit.

eznark

Banned
Aaron said:
FUCK BOSTON!
I agreed with that sentiment, so it's cool. When she denigrated flyover country....that's when I was offended. I may be a sexist but she is clearly a territorialist.

chogidogs

Aaron said:
Ryan does this deliberately. A bit like Stewie provoking Brian in Family Guy. He always emphasizes the incorrect words/pronunciations, as well as a few that sound wrong but are actually correct, like 'fortza.' Her trying to correct him was just more of her trying to be a smart ass and failing.

Most people hated her during the live cast. She simply couldn't stop interrupting people. Man or woman, that's the action of an asshole.

batmin, rowbit, pee-racy

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I don't think she was as bad as people made her out to be, she was fun for some parts of the show, but yeah the rude behavior is what really got on my nerves. There is one part where I believe Ryan is talking about either motion control or 3D technology and she doesn't let him get one sentence completed. There is literally something like 5 sentences in a row where Ryan tries to make a point and she cuts him off every single time. It's really frustrating. And then later she says "Let me just get this one sentence out!" when someone interrupts her. :lol

I think she would have been a lot more fun if she wasn't so drunk. I don't really understand why she came on the bombcast again and got hammered when it was bad last year as well too. Has she been on another podcast before where she wasn't drunk? I want to hear that Leigh.

EDIT: Also some of Paul's insights sounded like complete bullshit, just like last year when he got excited over some toy his kid had...

eznark said:
I agreed with that sentiment, so it's cool.
Oh sports fans. You're so charming. Advocating saying "fuck you" to an entire area because you dislike their team. Playing games is serious business, you see! And when you yourself aren't actually playing, just WATCHING dudes playing? VERY serious business.

Smash88

Banned
MattyGrovesOrMe said:
Stay classy GAF.

Yeah, gender clearly has no place in this conversation.

So what would have me do? To be quiet and not call out a person who clearly had no right being on a podcast when she obviously had not learned from her previous time on the bombcast? Then she goes ahead and tells the entire GB community to fuck off? And you expect me to be nice? Rightttt.

Aaron

EricDiesel said:
Oh sports fans. You're so charming. Advocating saying "fuck you" to an entire area because you dislike their team. Playing games is serious business, you see! And when you yourself aren't actually playing, just WATCHING dudes playing? VERY serious business.
So how have those Celtics been doing lately?

Saige

I must do better.
Rez said:
now this would be awesome

Davis: @robertashley @ollymoss consider it an open invite. lemme know!

Man I haven’t heard Robert on a podcast in such a long time. Getting Max Chill on the Bombcast or Idle Thumbs would be awesome.

eznark

Banned
EricDiesel said:

It has everything to do with my three years living in Boston, but assumptions are awesome too!

Ecto311

darkressurection said:
775 MillionBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It was posted in the room when others brought up her as being the vuvuzela and this was coined:

Vuvuzeleigh

That word alone should be enough to explain her, and warn new people.

Saige said:
Man I haven’t heard Robert on a podcast in such a long time. Getting Max Chill on the Bombcast or Idle Thumbs would be awesome.
Check out all of his appearances on RebelFM. Even if you hate the show, he's on top form.
Or drunk.

eznark said:
It has everything to do with my three years living in Boston, but assumptions are awesome too!
And I'm sure that was her reasoning as well, and not just fanatical ill will.

Aaron said:
So how have those Celtics been doing lately?
Who? Is that one of them hoopy ball teams? Did they lose the Super Bowl this year or something?

Lunchbox

Banned
eznark said:

sorry that our entire population isnt made out of cows and farmers. we wish we were as cool as wisconsin

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I came in on Thursday when they had been recording for a little over an hour live, so I'm watching the beginning of the recording and I noticed something.

Part of the reason why I find her annoying, at least in the beginning, is that Ryan fucking turned her mic up at least 50-100% higher than Paul Barnett's microphone. Conspiracy, Ryan knew what they were doing all along and trolled us.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
EricDiesel said:
Fuck Philadelphia.

EricDiesel said:

And surely a gamer on a message board knows nothing of fanatical ill will towards other people's preferences! That's only found in those silly sports where you score touchgoals in the World Championship Bowl!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Cheap photoshop!
NueKe.png

eznark

Banned
EricDiesel said:
You were responding to me.

cheatriots said:
sorry that our entire population isnt made out of cows and farmers. we wish we were as cool as wisconsin

As well you should.

eznark said:
You were responding to me.
Well, to be fair, you did say "I share that sentiment" and didn't expand on that statement.

TheLegendary said:
And surely a gamer on a message board knows nothing of fanatical ill will towards other people's preferences!
Yes, and I'm irritated by them all equally. Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft fanboys are just as obnoxious as sports team fanboys. I thought the point of both of these pastimes was to have fun and be entertained, not fling around hate and insults.

Anyway. How about those video games?

She is a fucking idiot. In December 2009, HER OWN FUCKING WEBSITE ran the story that THE ENTIRE Call of Duty franchise had reached $3 Billion overall. So Activition, I mean Bobby Kotick's pocket, paid an entire 1/3rd of the entire earning of the franchise for an E3 party.

"My sources tell me" that Leigh Alexander is so desperately wanting attention that she'll yell out inane stupid bullshit about how she's from Brooklyn with real music, that you should fuck Boston, and she can hold her booze well. Now, that was E3.

Dude Abides

Banned
She was definitely obnoxious with the constant interrupting and Brooklyn poseurism but the hate seems a little disproportionate to the crime.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ok, finally starting this up. Wish me luck gentlemen!

Acid08

Banned
The line I found most offensive though was when she asked one of those guys to get her into a party because she's a journalist. The way she said it was just -_-

Green Scar said:
I haven't even finished the Day 2 Bombcast yet :lol God damn you people are putting me off it and the Day 3 Bombcast though.

While listening to Day 3, I went back to Giant Bomb to check the comments to see if I was the only one who was bothered by Leigh Alexander. I found it odd that all the comments were extremely positive, with things said such as "Best Bombcast ever" and the like. Then I noticed a comment about Johnny V and realized I was on the page for Day 2 :lol

EricDiesel said:
Stay classy, Leigh Alexander.

That's still her defense, huh? She really isn't helping herself by being completely blind to how obnoxious a person she was being. I wonder if she listens/watches to the podcast and thinks to herself, "What's wrong with all these girl haters, I'm positively charming!"

I guarantee that if we play this for our wives/girlfriends/sisters/mothers/whoever they would be far more harsh than most of us. Oh, but then they'd just be jealous and catty, wouldn't they? Besides, why put someone you love through all of that?

MegaKungFuRadio said:
While listening to Day 3, I went back to Giant Bomb to check the comments to see if I was the only one who was bothered by Leigh Alexander. I found it odd that all the comments were extremely positive, with things said such as "Best Bombcast ever" and the like. Then I noticed a comment about Johnny V and realized I was on the page for Day 2 :lol

:lol

Johnny V is a good guest. He always brings it with his patented tales of stupidity. The 'Horsey?' bit was hilarious.

Top Bottom