• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GifCam - making Gifs just got super easy [v2 released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

No clue what you're talking about, unless you're seeing the greenscreen, which is toggle-able.

after a while in the gif (exactly when the text "look at here " appears on the bottom of the screens) the green screen appears in the gif..i toggle it off in the edit section but it still appears in the final gif

Majukun

maybe i found why.

if you use a green text on the gif the program freaks out showing the green screen on the final gif..

just change the color of the text et voilà

ibu6wJ0T81VYjl.gif

same thing with images with green as the predominant color,like this

does the same here,without green text but some kinds of green on screen

ila8WV2r6J2nq.gif

Menelaus

Banned
Tried making a 1000 frame gif at 16fps, and the saving bar froze at about 80% and I got an out of memory error. I'm kinda mad, that took a LONG time to edit.

i-Lo

I love GIF cam but the biggest detractor is the lack of deletion function for a range of frames. It's incredibly time consuming to delete segments frame by frame especially for gifs recorded at 16fps or 33fps.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
37LTGfX.gif

I disabled the green screen from the edit menu and then saved the gif. Anyone know why this happens or how to avoid it?

Rootbeer

Banned
There is now version 3.1 with some bugfixes. It really makes gifs incredibly easy and fun to make. This program needs more love!

Ys8ppWR.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
are gifs still cool? I wonder if the dev will add webm support eventually?

Version 3.5 is out. Since April.

New Features:

- Custom color reduction: snapping color to nearest number.

gifcamcustomsnapping.gif

- GreenScreen Paint fill: paint greenscreen outside or inside a closed shape by pressing Ctrl+Click (to paint on one frame press Shift+Ctrl+Click ).

gifcampaintfill.gif

- Mouse wheel support: you can use mouse wheel to scroll in Edit window, it is a little feature but it makes a lot of difference :)

are gifs still cool? I wonder if the dev will add webm support eventually?

Version 3.5 is out. Since April.

New Features:

- Custom color reduction: snapping color to nearest number.

gifcamcustomsnapping.gif

- GreenScreen Paint fill: paint greenscreen outside or inside a closed shape by pressing Ctrl+Click (to paint on one frame press Shift+Ctrl+Click ).

gifcampaintfill.gif

- Mouse wheel support: you can use mouse wheel to scroll in Edit window, it is a little feature but it makes a lot of difference :)

Yoyo: adds reverse frames.

GAME CHANGER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom