• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Open Beta Thread: It's not really a MOBA

Not a fan of the creature changes, they are so weak now. A creature can be killed by a couple of people without even getting a chance to get back to defend it.

Not a fan of the creature changes, they are so weak now. A creature can be killed by a couple of people without even getting a chance to get back to defend it.

Agreed. Even the cerberus that can see people coming before they are attacking sometimes doesn't give time to defend. And worst, their refresh rate is still low, so even if you fended of an attack, they can quickly come back and finish the job. Or even one character that are exceptionally good at taking creatures might kill them alone while the team is trapped into another fight.

It hits the strategy a bit during clash, specially in Sanctum Falls, where it's easier to go kill a creature without the other team coming to get you. Even a previously broken team can come out on top with one single lone wolf character taking on the creatures. (Luckily there are quite a few that is up to the task, so at least that's one tactic that both teams can follow)

Sven is an all round god. Surivial, massive heal if specced right, useful ult, good support utility (armor breaks, mobility) and good sustained damage in right hands.

Edit: finish this short survey for 500 gems!

https://www.gogigantic.com/en/forum...mplete-our-survey-by-july-11th-for-500-rubies

It's also so satisfying playing with him, because how quickly you can jump in and off clashes, and how much of a difference he makes either healing your party or breaking everyone's armor.

Oh, and thanks for the survey!

I don't mind the speedier summoning of creatures, but yes, I would like their health pools buffed back up. Even tier 3s, like the Arctic Cyclops and the Storm Drake, go down too fast. They should be real obstacles, because they cost a lot. At level 10, if you wipe a team, you'll get them down anyway, even with an extra 2k of HP (say) on top, but it means poking the smaller ones would be still valuable, but not as easy.

I don't mind the speedier summoning of creatures, but yes, I would like their health pools buffed back up. Even tier 3s, like the Arctic Cyclops and the Storm Drake, go down too fast. They should be real obstacles, because they cost a lot. At level 10, if you wipe a team, you'll get them down anyway, even with an extra 2k of HP (say) on top, but it means poking the smaller ones would be still valuable, but not as easy.

I was able to nearly solo a Fire Drake. As Xenobia. If the enemy team hadn't come to intervene, I would have soloed that thing with no problem.

tkscz

So I'm pretty sure I've just mained Uncle Sven. Anyone have teams that immediately split up and lose quickly because of it? I keep joining teams that do that.

deejay

Hate to ask this but I participated in the contest but didn't get an e-mail/key. The 'retrieve key' function also doesn't work so I guess something's blocking it with Hotmail.

Could someone who's not interested in it register an account and send me a key please? I'll share mine should I still receive it later on.

Edit: no longer needed thanks to LukasTaves :)

They are being deposited on the 20th, I believe.

Also, Ramsay is coming on Thursday
Oh, so they delayed it then?

I was started worrying that I had input the wrong gamer tag.

I saw this on reddit. A french website is giving away Gigantic founder pack. There is about 600 keys left.

http://concours.jeuxonline.info/concours/462

I already bought the pack, but I got a few for friends and families if they ever want to play.

It seems it's for ARC only?

Hate to ask this but I participated in the contest but didn't get an e-mail/key. The 'retrieve key' function also doesn't work so I guess something's blocking it with Hotmail.

Could someone who's not interested in it register an account and send me a key please? I'll share mine should I still receive it later on.

I used an outlook email and went through, it was in the spam folder though.

Let me PM you the key.

So I'm pretty sure I've just mained Uncle Sven. Anyone have teams that immediately split up and lose quickly because of it? I keep joining teams that do that.

Yeah, standard PUG idiot behaviour. Rolling as a team with careful split-pushing is the way forward.

SirKhalid

Do they give you the kill if someone jump out of the map? I almost got the penta kill achievement and I am curious if that guy dash my dreams by jumping off the cliff. I forgot to check in the corner who got the kill or if it count as he kill himself.

Do they give you the kill if someone jump out of the map? I almost got the penta kill achievement and I am curious if that guy dash my dreams by jumping off the cliff. I forgot to check in the corner who got the kill or if it count as he kill himself.
If you are the one that caused him to fall yeah, it counts to you, there's even an achievement for that actually.

Otherwise counts as suicide.

Afro

I got a Founder's Pack code, but realized I won't be playing this. First to quote gets it.

Must be redeemed today.

I often play against some people on PC, but never felt individually inferior to any player in this game. But yesterday we played agains a Becket that holy sweet jesus, the guy was a god. The maneuvers he could pull off, all the while landing you some very precise with becket cannon. He ended up wrecking our team practically by himself.

Made me really wish this game had any sort of creating matches, I would love to have a few against him for training.

jotun?

(Arc) Is there a way to raise or remove the framerate cap in live matches? I can edit MaxSmoothedFramerate in RxEngine.ini and that works for the main menu and practice modes, but going into an online game it seems to revert back to 60fps.

NeoRaider

I got one key from that Russian site, and activated/installed the game. But how can i be sure that i own Founder's Pack. Is it supposed to look like this:

hnO6LdG.png

All heroes unlocked?

jotun?

Yeah, and if you go to Skins on Tyto and Charnok you should have Tyto's golden something, and a purple evil looking Charnok with big glowy horns

NeoRaider

Yeah, and if you go to Skins on Tyto and Charnok you should have Tyto's golden something, and a purple evil looking Charnok with big glowy horns

Thanks, i have them :)]
So game is still in beta, but full launch is tomorrow? Does ARC version use same servers as Steam version and are we able to play with Steam/W10 players... etc?

Thanks, i have them :)]
So game is still in beta, but full launch is tomorrow? Does ARC version use same servers as Steam version and are we able to play with Steam/W10 players... etc?

Yeah, full launch tomorrow.

Arc/Steam is effectively the same game, 'cross-play' applies.
Win10/X1 is a separate game, cross-play between the two.

I hope 110% Motiga merge all together asap.

Founders Pack is unavailable after today (PST I think).

Buy now if you haven't! It has been updated. ALL future heroes now included, as is a one-off 1200 ruby bonus.

SirKhalid

Founders Pack is unavailable after today (PST I think).

Buy now if you haven't! It has been updated. ALL future heroes now included, as is a one-off 1200 ruby bonus.

Yes! This is what I was hoping for, when I bought it on sale and they said that they would have something special for founders.

• All Future Heroes for life
  • 1,200 Rubies​ – Please note this is exclusive to this one-time upgrade for Founder's Pack owners, and not part of the standard Ultimate Pack [available from tomorrow].
  • 10 Fortune Card Draws
  • 10 Win Prestige Boost
  • Lord Knossos' Warlord of the West skin
  • Beckett's Cloudracer skin
  • 1 Starter Pack Friend Code – Arrives around July 21st.

https://www.gogigantic.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10577144

SirKhalid

**Rubies will arrive within 7 business days. If you redeem a Founder's Pack after 4 PM PT 7/19 you will not receive rubies.**

tkscz

**Rubies will arrive within 7 business days. If you redeem a Founder's Pack after 4 PM PT 7/19 you will not receive rubies.**

Didn't even know Rubies were included. Hoping it being released and coming to steam (and not being the beta) will open the game up to more players. It takes upwards of 5 minutes to start a PvP game (not so long for a PvB game though).

Top Bottom