• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Open Beta Thread: It's not really a MOBA

I dunno what's stranger, the issue or the fix XD

I had try resetting the game many times over, and even attempted reinstalling and it was the same.

Then just to say I tried everything I did a hard reset instead of going to connected standby. And ever since I'm not having these issues.

What's weird is that I've seen the xbone os making some games run like shit (specially in early days, pretty much doesn't happen now) but I never seen it mess with a game like this.

Edit: And before the reset every other game had no issues I could notice.

Figments

How's the update? I've been trying to play, but I can't download the damn thing on my university's wifi until they DMZ my console. :(

How's the update? I've been trying to play, but I can't download the damn thing on my university's wifi until they DMZ my console. :(

It's great now that the issues are gone, I'm playing all day and can't stop XD

However I've seen some complaints about char balancing. That they nerfed Griselma too much, and changed Vadasi to make her easy to get on, but ended up f*cking her for high level players.

And Pakko seems really fun to play, however it's the only char that costs 18.000, didn't like that.

For me it seems way more balanced overall, whenever I'm killed it feels like it's my fault, whereas before there were situations you felt like you didn't have a chance anyway.

SirKhalid

What is the little diamond you see on some players on the loading screen and on the character selection screen? Sometime there is a number inside. Their level? Why it's not everyone that has it.

Pakko will be cheaper soon, iirc.

Griselma felt a little weak when I played her earlier :(

Yeah in 2 weeks.

With that in mind, the 18,000 crown price tag is NOT where he will stay forever! Here is the plan when it comes to picking up and playing Pakko:
Players who pick up a new hero immediately will get two weeks of exclusivity before the price drops.
After two weeks, you'll be able to purchase the hero for 12,000 crowns – the same as other heroes in the game. (This is also when you'll start seeing him a lot more often around the battlefield!)
After six weeks, the hero will be added to the personal hero rotation. This will be the first opportunity for players to try him out for free outside of purchasing or playing them in the Practice Arena.

My new overpowered hate character is WU. He can dash to you next to a healing toweer, go straight to all your abilities even an ultimate andstill have a good choice of taking you out.

I understand assassin characters should take ranged ones easily, but that shouldn't include being reckless and still winning.

Sweet! More options is gud.

I wish we could tweak creatures in the Lobby. There is an option for it but it's always greyed out. Good to tweak depending on map/what friends have picked.

Sweet! More options is gud.

I wish we could tweak creatures in the Lobby. There is an option for it but it's always greyed out. Good to tweak depending on map/what friends have picked.

I gotta assume that creature loadout as a part of character select before you load into the match is a thing they'll do in the future. It's an obvious feature.

Quite often (like 2 out 5 matches) I'm having the game disconnecting towards the end of the match and I can't even sign in to the game after a few minutes. Anyone having that same problem?

And the time that I can log in back is always exact 5 minutes, it seems like for some reason the game is disconnecting me and giving a 5 minutes punishment during the match.

Figments

I wish Motiga would fix the matchmaking so that it can go back to being super snappy. I get that it's getting longer to search for quality over quantity, but sometimes I just want to play. I don't give a shit about quality.

:mad:

I wish Motiga would fix the matchmaking so that it can go back to being super snappy. I get that it's getting longer to search for quality over quantity, but sometimes I just want to play. I don't give a shit about quality.

Do you solo queue or with group?

If you don't care about match quality solo is the way to go. For me it averages from instant to 30s wait time, while in group it easily goes over 2 minutes.

Figments

Do you solo queue or with group?

If you don't care about match quality solo is the way to go. For me it averages from instant to 30s wait time, while in group it easily goes over 2 minutes.

I usually play in a group, but I sometimes run solo and the queue times are easier to manage.

I dislike this notion that the matchmaking should be searching for quality when the game is in beta. That should wait for full release. If I'm waiting upwards of 5 minutes to get into a match with my group, I don't care about how good the match is. I just wanna play the damn game.

I understand, but technically the game is in early access, not a beta anymore, so the intent is not just to have a short window of time for users to test, but rather add features/content until it's ready to launch.

The game definitely needs to have social and ranked queues though. I think the lack of them is hurting both groups.

SirKhalid

I prefer quality over quantity, it's crap to play with players that don't know what they do. When you have to summon the 3 first creatures yourself...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is this available on whatever that third party launcher was yet or still Windows 10 store only? Really want to try it out.

Update a week so far, as they said. Cool.

I wonder if they plan to fill the creature 'grid' on the main menu. That'd make, what, 25 creatures? Anything nearing that would be nuts.

jotun?

Update a week so far, as they said. Cool.

I wonder if they plan to fill the creature 'grid' on the main menu. That'd make, what, 25 creatures? Anything nearing that would be nuts.

In past builds, they had around 10 more creatures than they have now

BlizzKrut

Banned
95a031179612fa4e461d3604606d65fa1485993024.png

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10380063

EDIT: BEATEN :(

Eternal Dawn update coming February 23rd
Today we're proud to announce that Eternal Dawn, the second major update for Gigantic, will release starting on February 23 on Xbox One and Windows 10. The demanding free-to-play high-action MOBA is currently in Open Beta Test as part of the Xbox Game Preview program and will be available on Arc (PC Windows) at a later date following successful testing.

Continuing the game's aggressive content and gameplay improvement strategy, Eternal Dawn will feature a variety of content every week, starting February 23.

FEBRUARY 23

NEW HERO: ZANDORA

A lance-wielding Eternal who has emerged from the Star City to walk among mortals, Zandora is a melee/support hybrid who uses auras to empower herself and allies on the battlefield. Zandora is already the second Hero released since the game's Dec 8 Game Preview program live date, increasing the total cast to 18. With the goal of a new Hero every 6 weeks, the team is excited to massively grow the Hero pool, expanding the highly strategic play. Owners of Gigantic's Founders Pack will automatically unlock Zandora for free.

COMPETITIVE LEADERBOARD

Check out where you stand amongst the greatest players of Gigantic and move up the ranks. The website leaderboard contains detailed info to assess your overall skill and give you breakdowns of the Heroes you play, and how you play them.

ZANDORA AURION SKIN

Seeking help from the Eternals, House Aurion strikes back against her foes. Don the colors of House Aurion on the Eternal Knight Zandora, including two color variants.

18 ”ETERNAL LIGHT" WEAPON SKINS

These new progression rewards for all 18 heroes encourage players to master each hero to earn or purchase a new weapon skin at level 10.

MARCH 2

NEW CREATURE: STORM DRAKE

A powerful addition to the drake family, the Storm Drake wreaks havoc on whole teams with chain lightning attacks that bounce from foe to foe.

MARCH 9

BECKETT AURION SKIN

Sport your support for House Aurion with a new skin on the adventuring shooter Beckett, including two color variants.

MARCH 16

VADASI AURION SKIN

Adorn the colors of House Aurion on the pilgrim and judge Vadasi, including two color variants.

MARCH 23

VODEN AURION SKIN

Inhabit the spirit of House Aurion on the trickster archer Voden, including two color variants.

Dreavus

Haven't played this in a while, but did they ever fix the frame rate bugs? I remember having to run it weirdly in non-borderless windowed mode to not tank my FPS.

Figments

Gigantic Patch Notes--February 23, 2017

ksu3Utt.jpg

*The game update will be available at 9a PST (12p EST / 17:00 UTC) on February 23rd.*

Eternal Dawn introduces a few high-impact changes to Gigantic and welcomes Zandora - a lance-wielding melee/support hybrid hero. As with our other major updates, we'll be releasing additional content each week: gradually adding new Champion of Aurion skins for Beckett, Vadasi, Voden, and Zandora, as well as a powerful new creature, the Storm Drake. If you're eager to play with all the new skins, hero, and creature right away, you can also unlock all the new content immediately by purchasing the Eternal Dawn bundle, which unlocks everything on day one at a huge discount to the total cost.

We've added a few new features, as well. One of the most notable additions are the Eternal Light weapons, which can be earned for each hero at Hero Rank 10. These hard-earned items are designed to take the visual theme of the Eternal Master skins - which are unlocked at Hero Rank 5 - to another level of flash and polish.

The next big improvement is the new guardian damage preview, which shows exactly how much damage an attacking guardian will deal during the rampage. This offers a clear indication of whether the attack will automatically inflict a wound, or whether you and your team need to go on the offensive to secure the wound yourselves.

We've also added new "Honor Bonus" rewards for playing out a match short-handed. Rest assured: we have additional changes in the works to reduce the number of imbalanced matches that take place in the first place, but we wanted to ease the pain a little bit right now.

Finally, your crosshair now changes based on what kind of attacks you're performing. Switching weapons as Beckett, fortifying as HK-206, or zooming in as Imani will dramatically change your crosshair to match the weapon and attack you're using. Heroes that don't have an obvious weapon-swap will also benefit from this new feature: for example, being disrupted as any hero will change your crosshair to a black X.

As always, we've included several balance changes and bug fixes in the update. A few of the highlights include a dramatic rebalance to the guardian damage and shields to reward more aggressive play, some reductions to Vadasi to make her easier to kill, numerous AI fixes, and modest buffs to Griselma to walk back some of the changes made during the last update. The guardian damage changes will be the most extreme, immediate change; you may find it much harder to defend your guardian unless you make an effort to repel attacking heroes before they dive on the wound. As always, balance is a work in progress, and we will continue to make adjustments based on player feedback, analytics data, and our own observations over the next few weeks.

Eternal Dawn includes many more changes, of course. Read on for more details, and we'll see you on the airship!

NEW FEATURES!
DRQuOFq.png

INTRODUCING: ZANDORA!

Although most easily paired with another melee hero, Zandora has the speed and versatility to lead any team to victory. An Eternal who has chosen to walk among mortals, Zandora can act as melee bruiser or a support hero for her team. Her skills allow her to switch between three different auras that provide speed, healing, or damage to herself and allies around her. Each strike of her lance renews her current aura, allowing Zandora and her companions to stay in fights longer and to rapidly switch tactics whenever the situation requires. When things get tight, her focus, Vow of Shielding, provides a defensive shield to all allies around her.

Try her out in the Practice Arena before unlocking her in the store! Founders unlock Zandora for free, and can play with her right away!

A0aMTbQ.jpg

NEW! ETERNAL LIGHT WEAPONS!

After reaching Hero Mastery Rank 10 with a hero, Eternal Light weapons will be unlocked for that hero in the store. These prismatic weapons come with their own special effects to show off your mastery with the hero and favor with the Eternals!

FEJNsyb.jpg

NEW! GUARDIAN DAMAGE PREVIEW!

Gigantic is meant to be an intense mix of teamwork, player skill, and strategy. One key strategic element is knowing whether an attacking guardian will deal a wound on its own or if heroes will need to try to go in for the wound. This will no longer be a guessing game. We've updated the guardian health UI to show, in advance, the amount of damage the vulnerable guardian will take as a result of the rampage.

• The amount of health that will be lost – which is determined by the amount of shield the defending guardian has – will now flash until the guardian is struck.
  • If the guardian will take enough damage to finish the wound, the heart on the guardian's health bar will also flash.

KNOWN ISSUES
DRQuOFq.png

• Zandora: Gigantic's newest hero is unfortunately missing the icons associated with her Level 5 skill specializations. These will be properly implemented in an upcoming build.
  • Eternal Dawn Bundle: The bundle incorrectly states that the Storm Drake will be available on March 2, when it will actually be available for purchase on February 23.

You can find a full list of known issues with the beta build over on the official forum. We'll keep this list up-to-date with the biggest issues (and solutions) that are reported during the Open Beta:

We'll also be tracking the most impactful issues - as well as any workarounds or known solutions - on the official subreddit:

GENERAL UPDATES
DRQuOFq.png

GENERAL

• Fixed a bug where crews would not be able to re-enter matchmaking if a member left the crew during matchmaking.
  • Fixed an issue where certain players would encounter long loading times on the initial splash screen.
  • Fixed a crash where pressing ESC and quitting out of a match would result in a client crash.

AUDIO

• Decreased the overall game volume by 3db (25%) - make sure to reset your sliders!
  • Adjusted audio levels so that enemy heroes are slightly louder than teammates.

UI

• The in-game friends list is now sorted alphabetically to make it easier to find and party with your friends.
  • Fixed a bug where friends on the in-game friends list would always appear online regardless of their status.
  • Fixed a bug where the crown and ruby totals displayed during the end-of-match screen would not be consistent with the correct totals displayed in the game lobby.
  • Fixed a bug where boosts would not appear to be consumed in the end-of-match summary after winning a match.
  • Fixed a bug where an incorrect number of bonus fortune cards would be displayed rather than the actual number of free draws.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented users from rearranging their creature loadout when using an Xbox controller.
  • Fixed a bug where all summoning point icons would display as enemy points after disconnecting and reconnecting to a match.
  • Fixed a bug where players would see "Building Teams..." in the hero lobby rather than the countdown timer to the match.
  • Fixed a bug where players would see their original gamertag on the hero confirmation screen rather than their current gamertag.

We've reorganized the hero selection screen to more clearly highlight information about the heroes you have available. This includes everything from the hero rank to the number of fortune cards you have unlocked for the hero.
  • On the hero selection screen, you will now see the selected hero's rank, the amount of experience needed for the next rank, and the number of active fortune cards for that given hero.

UI: CROSSHAIR VARIANTS

If you've ever played a shooter, you probably noticed that your crosshairs change when you swap between different weapons. We've now added a similar feature as a playability improvement to Gigantic. This change will be most evident for heroes who change weapons or states – such as Imani (scoped vs. non-scoped), Beckett (pistol vs. cannon), and HK-206 (fortified vs. non-fortified) – though the crosshair change will also be evident based on whether you're playing a melee or ranged hero.

As this is the first iteration of the feature, we expect plenty more adjustments to the exact look and usage of the various crosshairs in the future. We do not have immediate plans for allowing players to choose and customize their crosshairs, but we do know that you'll want that functionality eventually.

• Your crosshair will now vary based on your hero and the skills you are using.
  • Being disrupted (interrupted, stunned, pulled, launched, dazed) will now turn your crosshair into a black X.

tVdWHlQ.png

HONOR BONUS

We are continuing our efforts toward improving games where one or more players leave or disconnect from the match – this while also decreasing these occurrences in the first place, of course. In addition to the respawn time reduction for being down a player – which gives teams a better chance to stay competitive when someone leaves – we wanted to reward those who continue to play all the way through to the end of the match.

• When one team loses a player for an extended period of time, the Honor Bonus kicks in for any players who remain in the match. This bonus provides extra prestige and crown rewards at the end of the match.
  • Prestige and crown bonuses increase for each team member who leaves the game. If you win the game while you have an active Honor Bonus, you will receive even more rewards.
  • The strength of your Honor Bonus is displayed on the scoreboard screen.

CONTROLS

• Fixed a bug where controller users could get the scoreboard stuck on the screen by opening the scoreboard and upgrade menu at the same time.
  • Fixed a bug where the D-pad would not function properly for controller-users navigating the hero selection screen.

SHOP

Introducing the Eternal Dawn bundle! This discounted bundle comes with all the heroes, creatures, and skins that will be released throughout the Eternal Dawn update. You can unlock them NOW at a discounted price by picking up the bundle today, or can wait for them to release over the next several weeks:
  • February 23: Zandora + 2 color variants, Zandora's "Champion of Aurion" skin and 2 color variants
  • February 23: Storm Drake (Creature)
  • March 9: Beckett's "Champion of Aurion" skin and 2 color variants
  • March 16: Vadasi's "Champion of Aurion" skin and 2 color variants
  • March 23: Voden's "Champion of Aurion" skin and 2 color variants

We've also made a few quality of life changes to the shop:
  • Introducing a new shop layout to quickly find the heroes, creatures, skins, and boosts that will help you get the full Gigantic experience!
  • We've added a new 'Creatures' section to the shop, where you can find and unlock all the available creatures using your in-game currency or rubies.
  • Fixed a bug where players would have to select a hero skin multiple times to preview the skin or color variant on their hero.
  • Fixed a bug where selecting the 'Unlocked' filter in the shop would display several placeholder images in the heroes list.
  • Fixed a bug where players could only view 13 total items for each hero in the store.

More at the link above.

Weston

I played Knossos and Zandora together. Our team was zooming around the whole match.

Hard to tell how effective of a strategy it was after one game but it was fun. Zandora focused on healing and Knossos gives so much speed it's hard to pin anybody down. Plus Zandoras shield helps Knossos stay alive long enough to get his first kill and get his double damage rolling.

Everyone was playing her last night. She's beastly with a good team. Felt so nice attacking the guardian, making the wound and then everyone would diamond up and get bonus speed to get out of there (or to standby and kill the team).

She's also great for chasing and finishing off low life enemies.

Got a match in with her last night. It's a really fun kit, but the enemy team will (rightly) focus on you because you have the buffs for your team, so you gotta me careful.

is there a time when servers are more active? i have tried several times to get in a game and it just sits there looking. anyone else have issues joining games?
i'm on Xbox One btw.

thanks

The game is seamless cross play :) you will notice people playing on pc have usually ultra fast loading times.

It usually there's more players at night, even though nighttime in Brazil (gmt -3) isn't necessarily night in the other countries, but regardless of the time I usually have no trouble finding a match, but you can definitely notice user base has dropped a lot as you keep bumping into the same people online.

Top Bottom