• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Open Beta Thread: It's not really a MOBA

jotun?

Tripp shouldn't be able to double stun and melt me from full health by button mashing all of her abilities in 5 seconds imo.

https://gfycat.com/NiftySneakyHorseshoecrab

yeah, she's OP and def getting retooled in the next patch to not be such a shitty murderball

Already looks like she's a lot weaker than back when I played! A solid stealth->backstab->kick combo like that used to nearly do the job on its own.

If a clean backstab combo AND burning her focus on a single target can't get her a kill on a ranged character, then she wouldn't be worth much. Unless they've greatly increased time-to-kill across the board, I don't see any problem with this

SteamyMountains

Senior Artist at Motiga
If she's built correctly right now, she can stunlock and kill several of the other heroes from full health... which isn't really much fun for other players heh

Yeah, Tripp should be able to nuke someone like Charnok if using focus etc. But she's nuked me as Margrave a few times, which feels a little less proper... although thinking back, often another enemy will weigh in on the fight - the stun attracts them...

Dreavus

For Margrave, how do you guys use charge forth? Getting front armor seems a bit pointless since I usually use it to escape. And does the armor linger at all or do you lose it right when you stop?

I use the leap to initiate, so I'm left with this extra skill. Should I be using the version that can be turned into an attack? I usually go duration --> purge debuffs from allies, just so it has some utility.

That's how I spec it. It's useful as an escape, and as a support move to cleanse/move to protect any ally.

The armour spec is good if you have a good team that can cover a retreat/bodyblock/heal, so you can use it as an initiate on a single target, especially someone like HK, keeping the leap for the secure or for the backup arriving.

I gotta say, I'm not a big MOBA fan, never got into LoL or any of the like. but i did enjoy smite (only the assault mode though) but I'm really liking gigantic. I think the game does have some balance issues. Tripp does too much damage and has cloak, she doesn't need a stun as well. I'd say remove her stun. also the game needs more tanks. the Margrave is the only real tank in the game. and with the free rotation many times you have no option to play tank and support giving a big advantage to teams that have more characters unlocked. but overall I find it very fun

I gotta say, I'm not a big MOBA fan, never got into LoL or any of the like. but i did enjoy smite (only the assault mode though) but I'm really liking gigantic. I think the game does have some balance issues. Tripp does too much damage and has cloak, she doesn't need a stun as well. I'd say remove her stun. also the game needs more tanks. the Margrave is the only real tank in the game. and with the free rotation many times you have no option to play tank and support giving a big advantage to teams that have more characters unlocked. but overall I find it very fun

Good news! Tripp is being nerfed, according to the above (somewhere), and Pakko seems imminent - another tank toon.

It's weird that playing as charnok she often hit me when I'm in middle air using the high jump ability to escape. With the other close combat chars sometimes the ability don't push them back for whatever reason, but tripp is the only that even when not pushing can still hit me.

I done goofed there, by not seeing her becoming invisible and for trying to damage her before leaving, but she's not pushed back and even hits me like I'm standing next to her and not flying way over her head.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Lukas Taves/video/25557360

(I had just killed her on a 1:1 combat before she spawned there that's why I got cocky to attack lol)

Trying out Aisling.

Falling in love with Aisling.

Gigantic is so good at providing interesting, varied (both within a character's kit choices, and compared to other characters) and thoughtful heroes. My favourite has changed so many times: Margrave to Knossos to Charnok to Voden and now Aisling.

edit: am nerding out on Gigantic art, it's great

http://lexxercise.tumblr.com/post/154480061098/now-that-gigantic-is-available-to-the-public-i
http://thatssodagley.tumblr.com/
http://polycount.com/discussion/165695/gigantic-art-dump

Figments

Yo that art's cool. I wish Motiga would stop teasing the next patch and just drop a bombshell on us now. Because I need to know what's in it.

Like now please.

Yo that art's cool. I wish Motiga would stop teasing the next patch and just drop a bombshell on us now. Because I need to know what's in it.

Like now please.
SOON

Probably!
Fortune cards are 5 rubies right now. I got my first legendary card and then another on the next draw.
Cards will be 5 rubies all weekend I believe. Good opportunity to rack up some crowns to buy new stuff in the next patch.

Great video!

And indeed, they have so many great chars right now.

I wonder how the game is doing, every week I look seems to be top 3 f2p on the xbone store, I'm assuming that's a huge success right?

Thanks.

And I'd be careful of assuming a 'huge' success - X1 has a decent install base, but it's going to be a smaller % of that than you would hope ;D

Thanks.

And I'd be careful of assuming a 'huge' success - X1 has a decent install base, but it's going to be a smaller % of that than you would hope ;D
Yeah, you are probably right. The 1 million threshold doesn't seem too far fetched, I believe.

Do they currently have cross-platform enabled between xb1 and win10?

I believe so, every now and them I see some people having blazing fast loading before a match starts, I always assumed those are on pc.

Do they currently have cross-platform enabled between xb1 and win10?

Yeah. Every time I play I have a friend on pc playing with us and it's hardly noticeable at all except for the much fast loading times for them in the pre game.

Also can we please nerf granny. She is able to 1 on 1 too many people. That kit is God teir in the right hands. I love that character but that damage output is too damn high for mostly a support character. Think she was less op when she had 3 portal beast.

Yeah. Every time I play I have a friend on pc playing with us and it's hardly noticeable at all except for the much fast loading times for them in the pre game.

Also can we please nerf granny. She is able to 1 on 1 too many people. That kit is God teir in the right hands. I love that character but that damage output is too damn high for mostly a support character. Think she was less op when she had 3 portal beast.

The damage is high and she is almost impossible to kill with ranged characters because the towers act as a defense for her, and I've seen her being quite annoying to melee chars too. But I believe many characters when well built can be annoying.

But for now my major balancing grip is charnok's pushing enemies back with his high jump, quite often it doesn't and it's annoying when you built that to be your defense mechanism and gets killed because either you didn't pushed anyone back or because they hit you mid air (whilst punching the floor) and you get back to the ground closer than you should.

Perhaps it's a bit of lag, though I never notice any lag presenting itself in any other way, but that doesn't happen with uncle slven though with him I use the ability on different occasions, but now it's pretty much the only way I die that doesn't seem fair.

The main issue vs Granny is her god damn beasts distracting you/confusing the scene. She kills by a thousand cuts + confusion. Which is why I love playing as her :D

She moves VERY slowly when submerged, and her teleport (if specced ofc) has a very short range. A good team can lock her down, but she is very powerful all the same.

I don't get Charnok jump issues, but I do sometimes get weird issues on melee - both Wu and Tyto. On the former I might use my dash forwards to get to an enemy, only to have my camera spun around bizarrely. On Tyto, if I spec Mouse for teleport after hit, I often blink and end up facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction. Really annoying.

Cross-play, however, works really well. X1 has some auto-aim compensation, and you genuinely don't get crazy imbalanced games due to different inputs.

Pakko is one of my favorite kits to play, or at least was when he was available in the closed betas. I'm really looking forward to playing him again.

Pakko sounds like a proper tank, like THE MARGRAVE. So, it'll be nice to have another tank on the roster. Knossos is just DPS with beefy(heh) health.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Here's the 'Skins' part of the Exile in the North update: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10357803

It was confirmed by a dev on Reddit that there are more skins than these in the patch.

C2VD4XzUoAACLTI.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/GoGigantic/status/821431906952708097
Join us tomorrow for our update preview livestream! Starting at 3pm PST on http://twitch.tv/gogigantic 

BlizzKrut

Banned
GG, Blizz? :)

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

GG's mate, that was a fun match yesterday!

By the way everyone, here are the Update Notes for tomorrow's patch, there's a ton of cool stuff in here for you to read: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10352933

Summary of the important points:

• Pakko (17th Hero) - He's joining The Margrave as one of the more tanky heroes, comes with a new skin/skins.
  • You can now try out any hero or skin in Practice Arena even if you don't own them.
  • Eternal Master Skins - Once you reach Mastery Rank 5 with a hero, you'll gain a new cool skin for it.
  • You can now toggle focus between the new way and the old one.
  • If a player disconnects in your team, your team will get reduced respawn timers and get more crowns and prestige (xp) at the end of the match.
  • Lots of bug fixes, QoL updates and balance changes

The new Vadasi sounds really fun to play. Both her beam attacks not taking orbs away is a huge change in my opinion, and makes her more appealing to play for those who never have.

Some of the skins teased in the stream, some out today, others 'in coming weeks' are ace. Tyto in particular has some epic badass ones, looks so cool.

Gigantic luv.

The patch is out. Seems really good thus far, but I'm getting strange audio issues, like the audio was corrupted or something. Happens everytime a big fight happens.

As for Tripp, I don't think they nerfed her all that much, she basically no longer can't you stunned for life, but she still is a very high dps char.

Any tips for specing Xenobia? I'm currently choosing a build that deals massive damage if all the abilities hit, but with far more deaths than I'd like it.

Still seems worth it, I can bring an entire grouped team HP down, but at the expense of being not so good on 1:1 combats because of slow regen (and for some reason when the enemy is too close her base attack seems to attach and reattach which breaks the stacking of weakness)

There's either something seriously wrong with this patch or with my client.

I'm getting sound corruptions, projectiles passing through enemies without doing anything, area based abilities doing nothing.

In this video all that happens:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Lukas Taves/video/25921972

It shows the visual effect for xenobia ultimate, but the enemy isn't hit, later I use the wave of sorrow and just passes through, not hitting any enemies on the way.

Later in the same match it happened again:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Lukas Taves/video/25922240

And it's being like that with Charnok as well, the fireball not hitting, the burning area effect having a visual cast effect and then disappearing. It also happens with xenobia normal attack, the ability keeps detaching even when it shouldn't and I lose the stacking effects (either to gain more health over time or to weakness more over time) both of which makes you an easier target.

It's not 100% of the time but happens very often and on all matches I've played thus far. I'd say higher than 50/50 chance of whatever I do having no effect on anyone.

Game is pretty much unplayable to me at this point because I end up being completely useless.

Top Bottom