• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl/Dating Age: Where to begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Funny that you would write this on a card you're giving to a woman because you're afraid to talk to her in front of others.

It's just a quote to catch her attention. It could backfire because of the actual method of approach.

hectorse said:
That you are a pussy

Talk to her

Like I said, I know the ideal approach is just to talk to her. Believe me, I've seen and read PUA material. The problem is I don't see her all the time and when I do it's crowded. I just don't want to miss an opportunity here.

uraldix

the•rebel said:
I know the ideal approach would be to talk to her, but the variables are not working in my favor.

You answered your own question, next time you are on the bus together go with the ideal. Just make some small talk and see where it goes.

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
There is one option to solve your problem, actually talking to girls will help. If it would be co-workers or women you meet at your sporting club or whatever, just talk about your hobbies or something, anything at all, failing doesn't matter, keep on trying, you will learn to talk to girls and from one thing comes another.

grumble

the•rebel said:
It's just a quote to catch her attention. It could backfire because of the actual method of approach.

Like I said, I know the ideal approach is just to talk to her. Believe me, I've seen and read PUA material. The problem is I don't see her all the time and when I do it's crowded. I just don't want to miss an opportunity here.

JUST TALK TO HER. The next time you see her on the bus, catch her eye, and talk about something you have in common (the bus being busy, seen her before, nice weather, what does she do, 'i believe it for a pretty girl like you', 'want to grab coffee later this week?', get her number), and you're good to go.

Being a coward will not get you girls. Girls like social dominance, and that implies confidence.

the•rebel said:
Now, I won't assume she likes me, but at this point I need to do something. It's become an obsession.

I know the ideal approach would be to talk to her, but the variables are not working in my favor. I'm considering giving her my business card with some sort of note on the back. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Fortune favors the bold. There is something about you that intrigues me. I would like to know more about you, outside of a cramped bus. ###-###-####.

I know that a note may seem cowardly, but I'm at loss here. What do you think, Gaf?

smra5f.gif

Normally I'd not take the slow approach but I feel the bus is an environment that requires a little more groundwork to be laid before the ask-out.

Do not give her a business card. That shows total lack of confidence and is a bit creepy coming from a stranger on the bus. You're going to have to establish some kind of rapport with her. Best advice is to small talk is to relax. "Oh but small talk isn't so easy!" Well, it is. Just give into the fact that she may not be in to you. It could go either way. She'll either respond positively or she won't. You know you're a catch so its up to her to recognize this. So don't pressure yourself.

Talk to her a few times on the bus about stupid shit (pay attention to what shes holding, where she gets off, weather) and then after 3rd interaction suggest meeting somewhere based on the info you've obtained on her so far.

the•rebel said:
It will backfire because it's corny and dramatic. This isn't the movies, and you aren't Hugh Grant. Just be funny.

I agree with everyone else that you should just small talk her with some jokes. It doesn't matter if you're awful at it. If she was ever into you, she'll enjoy it or pretend to. If she's unresponsive, she never cared.

y2dvd

*Rant about the Texting-Age incoming...

So the girl I'm seeing was supposed to pick me up at my place to go to the movies. There was still an hour to go before she got here, so I decided to take a nap figuring she would call or ring the doorbell when she got here. I wake up to notice it was 1am already! I check my phone for any miss call. None. I check my text to notice a few messages from the girl. She text me how she thought I stood her up because I didn't answer her text and how she left my jacket (which I left in her car the last time we went out) in front of my door. I responded with "Why couldn't you just call me? And you were in front of my door. Why didn't you just knock or rang the doorbell? My brother is always in the living room so he would've heard something. Could it be I simply didn't hear the slight 'ding' that sounds off after a text?"

Granted, I probably shouldn't have taken a nap before she got here but damn, the least she could've done is knock on my door since she was right there. Now she won't respond to me lol. Texting can rot in hell!

Parts said:
Like I said, it's pretty clear. It's never been verbalized because I just never felt it needed to be. It's obvious, and I'm 95% sure she's seeing other guys anyway.Maybe. It's not gonna work since I haven't contacted her since, I'm not into getting blueballed or drama, so either of those is generally a "let's just be friends" to them for me. If she texts me or something I guess I should just be chill about the whole thing and act like it never happened, hmm? I don't really care enough to make a big deal, it's just ever since I've been wondering why and thinking about her more.

Wait, I guess that means it did work if that's what she was going for. That sneaky girl.:lol

Bad idea imo! Just make conversation and be flirtatious, anything more than that over a girl you've met on a bus once or twice will seem weird.
Ditch her if you have other girls to fall back on then you don't need this drama.

y2dvd said:

So the girl I'm seeing was supposed to pick me up at my place to go to the movies. There was still an hour to go before she got here, so I decided to take a nap figuring she would call or ring the doorbell when she got here. I wake up to notice it was 1am already! I check my phone for any miss call. None. I check my text to notice a few messages from the girl. She text me how she thought I stood her up because I didn't answer her text and how she left my jacket (which I left in her car the last time we went out) in front of my door. I responded with "Why couldn't you just call me? And you were in front of my door. Why didn't you just knock or rang the doorbell? My brother is always in the living room so he would've heard something. Could it be I simply didn't hear the slight 'ding' that sounds off after a text?"

Granted, I probably shouldn't have taken a nap before she got here but damn, the least she could've done is knock on my door since she was right there. Now she won't respond to me lol. Texting can rot in hell!

dont even try to blame her of anything. You fucked up, son.

Parts

practice02 said:
Ditch her if you have other girls to fall back on then you don't need this drama.
Yeah, probably right. She blew herself out. Shame really, she was a nice girl. Might see if she's doing better in a couple of months or something.

Shaneus

y2dvd said:

Wow, you're trying to pin this on her? That's pretty fucking cold, dude. Imagine the situation in reverse, you'd be thinking EXACTLY the same thing. Texting is not at fault here, you are.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Teh Hamburglar said:
Normally I'd not take the slow approach but I feel the bus is an environment that requires a little more groundwork to be laid before the ask-out.

Do not give her a business card. That shows total lack of confidence and is a bit creepy coming from a stranger on the bus. You're going to have to establish some kind of rapport with her. Best advice is to small talk is to relax. "Oh but small talk isn't so easy!" Well, it is. Just give into the fact that she may not be in to you. It could go either way. She'll either respond positively or she won't. You know you're a catch so its up to her to recognize this. So don't pressure yourself.

Talk to her a few times on the bus about stupid shit (pay attention to what shes holding, where she gets off, weather) and then after 3rd interaction suggest meeting somewhere based on the info you've obtained on her so far.

Agreed. You definitely need to establish some rapport before giving a girl your number. Even with rapport established, there is a good chance a girl won't call you because: a) is no longer in the moment b) is too scared to call a guy c) is seeing other, more interesting guys. You can't expect a girl to call a complete stranger.

BTW, upon first read, it sounds like you're a creepy stalker guy on the bus, and the lack of conversation beforehand only makes things worse. Who cares if other people can hear you? That's just an excuse, and a feeble one at that. Social people strike up conversation in public places all the time.

Ultima_5

the•rebel said:
Dear Gaf, I need help! I'm obsessed with a beautiful woman and I don't know how to proceed.

We take the same bus in the morning, but on occasion. Either I grab the bus too early or too late. So, sometimes I don't see her for days. When I do see her, either the bus is crowded or I'm seated far from her, leaving me with no chance to introduce myself. Plus, having people overhear the conversation may make her less receptive.
Like the rest of GAF, I suggest just talking to her. If she doesn't seem into you, and it gets awkward, theres nothing to worry about, since you rarely see her...

Tenks

Yeah this guy is officially "the creepy guy on the bus who constantly stares at me" to her. I also wouldn't really recommend giving your seat up to her all the time. She's not a cripple or old person (I'm assuming) so what has she done to deserve your seat?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Sex question: I heard that a good majority of girls don't orgasm during normal sex. I think my girl does, but her orgasms are still very much more obvious when were doing other things. She's still definitely into sex (she loves it, actually), but I just wanted to know how normal this is.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
ggnoobIGN said:
Sex question: I heard that a good majority of girls don't orgasm during normal sex. I think my girl does, but her orgasms are still very much more obvious when were doing other things. She's still definitely into sex (she loves it, actually), but I just wanted to know how normal this is.

Women fake all the time.

elaine_benes.jpg

ggnoobIGN said:
Yes it's true. And their is nothing wrong with going down on your girlfriend. Or her or you to rub her clit while you a railing her. To those who are wondering how they can actively avoid being known as a guy who doesn't give girls an orgasm. Before you get busy ask the girl what you can do to help her go and follow signals like a girl is pulling you into her or trying to position herself better let her.

Tenks

You can generally feel it if she's orgasming. Her vag becomes much tighter because the muscles controlling it are contracting so quickly. I've had girls, though, that sometimes it was hard to feel and others where it was very easy to feel.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Tenks said:
You can generally feel it if she's orgasming. Her vag becomes much tighter because the muscles controlling it are contracting so quickly. I've had girls, though, that sometimes it was hard to feel and others where it was very easy to feel.

Or they were all faking.

TomServo

hectorse said:
That you are a pussy

Talk to her

Seriously.

From what I've read in this thread approach anxiety is killing people's chances. People have to accept that you've got a tiny window from someone showing interest in you to make a move. If you don't you either come across as someone who's a.) not interested in them (they feel rejected) b.) a pussy or c.) a creepy mother fucker.

When I say "tiny window", it's measured in minutes, not "the next time I see her", "after I've lost 20 pounds / gotten a raise / bench pressed a car", whatever. If there's one thing I agree with in the PUA philosophy, it's that you have to move quickly.

Tenks

otake said:
Or they were all faking.

I can tell when my girlfriend is faking. It doesn't matter to me either way. She is one of the girls where it's difficult to tell via feeling. She has some tell-tale signs when she is actually cumming that I've figured out, though.

re: bus guy

Go to a club or coffeeshop or bookstore etc., and practice chatting with other women until you feel more comfortable. Talk about the weather or a popular movie or something. See if you can take note of their eye color. Pick girls that are too old or unattractive to you at first so that you are less nervous, then work up to hotter girls. Then talk to bus girl the next time you give her your seat or she is sitting near you.

TomServo

beermonkey@tehbias said:

Go to a club or coffeeshop or bookstore etc., and practice chatting with other women until you feel more comfortable. Talk about the weather or a popular movie or something. See if you can take note of their eye color. Pick girls that are too old or unattractive to you at first so that you are less nervous, then work up to hotter girls. Then talk to bus girl the next time you give her your seat or she is sitting near you.

I don't know, I'm a firm believer that this stuff can't be practiced on other girls with the intent of getting comfortable with the intended target. If he's coming up w/ reasons now why it's "uncomfortable" to talk to her now, he'll always find a reason.

TomServo said:
I don't know, I'm a firm believer that this stuff can't be practiced on other girls with the intent of getting comfortable with the intended target. If he's coming up w/ reasons now why it's "uncomfortable" to talk to her now, he'll always find a reason.

An additional advantage of getting out and chatting up other girls is that his one-itis with bus chick will, at a minimum, be reduced if not eliminated, taking the pressure off.

The best thing for any shy man is to get out and chat up tons of women, they'll start to have some successes (with increasingly attractive, interesting women if they keep it up) and will realize that there are multiple fish in the sea that they can get something going with. It's a win-win.

PEZIX

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:

bitches blow loads more than dudes do, I swear to fucking god shits stupid its like Niagra Falls out there pussy, I always makem clean up my sheets. but just like 3-6 mafia said, "I love havin sex but id rather get some head" <<< Truth

TomServo

beermonkey@tehbias said:
An additional advantage of getting out and chatting up other girls is that his one-itis with bus chick will, at a minimum, be reduced if not eliminated, taking the pressure off.

Excellent point. I concede, good sir.

Amazing how that shit works. I freaked out a bit when I broke up with my first post-divorce girlfriend. That was until I went out the following weekend with friends and realized that it wasn't some kind of divine intervention that got that one in the first place.

With you 100%, plenty of fish in the sea.

grumble

PEZIX said:
bitches blow loads more than dudes do, I swear to fucking god shits stupid its like Niagra Falls out there pussy, I always makem clean up my sheets. but just like 3-6 mafia said, "I love havin sex but id rather get some head" <<< Truth

...bdizzle?

TomServo said:
Excellent point. I concede, good sir.

Amazing how that shit works. I freaked out a bit when I broke up with my first post-divorce girlfriend. That was until I went out the following weekend with friends and realized that it wasn't some kind of divine intervention that got that one in the first place.

With you 100%, plenty of fish in the sea.

I've been through all the same shit. Was married for over 13 years until last year. Got way too involved with the first couple of women that I dated for more than a few weeks. Gotta meet lots of women to get a clear head.

This is only slightly relevant but what in the fuck.

Why do people (generally girls) add you on face book, you talk once or twice and then you leave a comment, you check later and BAM its gone? you leave one on a pic or something and yup that's gone too.

Its like why the in the hell did you add me if your just going to delete everything I say?
Just boggles my fucking mind! :lol

beermonkey@tehbias said:

What? NO! He should ask if she want s to see pictures of his kids. The night before load up his phone or what have you, with pictures of aborted fetuses as they are flipping through them he should casually ask her if this is turning her on. If she says yes you're in. I garauntee the bus will breakout into the nastiest hottest bonerific orgy ever.

Johnlenham said:

Why do people (generally girls) add you on face book, you talk once or twice and then you leave a comment, you check later and BAM its gone? you leave one on a pic or something and yup that's gone too.

Its like why the in the hell did you add me if your just going to delete everything I say?

Some girls just want a high friend count, they don't actually want to be your friend mate :lol

That, or they embarrassed they added you in the first place :lol

Its abit of a joke :lol and if so just delete me so it saves me the trouble of doing it myself! Lazy feckers.
I bet ill see her in the club I frequent tomorrow and she will try and have a conversation with me this is why it annoys me.

Wow I get annoyed by the stupidest shit haha

I never, ever add a chick to Facebook that hasn't been a friend for years and certainly not if I am interested in her. If she's open to dating she had better be willing to communicate by the phone at a minimum. Besides, Facebook is a good way for women to try to figure out who else you might be dating.

It's good to say 'No' to something that a woman asks you for and Facebook is the perfect opportunity to say 'No'.

Heh guess I opened a whole new can of worms eh?
Like ive said a few times im not interested in girlfriends as I have one but it doesn't mean I cut ties with humanity.Maybe she bailed as I guess its pretty fruitless talking to a guy in an 8 year relationship over finding new dick she met last night or whatever :lol

Whats odd though is how over here (Uk) its easier to get peoples facebooks than their numbers. My mate for example gets told "add me on facebook!!" instead of "give me your number" it quite odd to see people whip out their smart phones and actually do it in the middle of a club!

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I never, ever add a chick to Facebook that hasn't been a friend for years and certainly not if I am interested in her. If she's open to dating she had better be willing to communicate by the phone at a minimum. Besides, Facebook is a good way for women to try to figure out who else you might be dating.

It's good to say 'No' to something that a woman asks you for and Facebook is the perfect opportunity to say 'No'.
You are fucking dumb and not acting like a man If you don't let a girl know that you are seeing other people, you pussy.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Johnlenham said:

One thing you have to remember about Facebook is people can have family, coworkers, or bosses as friends on there. So be mindful of what you're saying or what pics you're tagging people in. Would they be embarrassed by what you said or took a picture of if their parents saw it? Better to play it safe than cause some Facebook drama, because nobody needs that.

Smokey

PEZIX said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Eggo said:
One thing you have to remember about Facebook is people can have family, coworkers, or bosses as friends on there. So be mindful of what you're saying or what pics you're tagging people in. Would they be embarrassed by what you said or took a picture of if their parents saw it? Better to play it safe than cause some Facebook drama, because nobody needs that.

Haha yeah im well aware of that its just general BS questions like "did you have a good night last night/ out again next week" that sort of jazz. I find it kind of odd that people add their parents and such but thats just me.

Anyway get back to helping the people that cant talk to women :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
practice02 said:
I'm talking about being honest with the girls you are fucking. Not you though but the person I was quoting.
oh okay. that sentence was just all kinds of jacked but I agree.

Just as a side note though, there's a time and place for being honest.

DY_nasty said:
oh okay. that sentence was just all kinds of jacked but I agree.

Just as a side note though, there's a time and place for being honest.
Nah, you have to come out with it straight. Better not to worry about if the girl doesn't like find a new one, women and men lose their mind over shit like thinking they are your one and only.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
practice02 said:
Nah, you have to come out with it straight. Better not to worry about if the girl doesn't like find a new one, women and men lose their mind over shit like thinking they are your one and only.
If you're taking said girl out (more than once btw) then by all means, throw that out there so that you're not wasting anyone's time. If you're just casually talking with a girl at unplanned events, between classes, or in transit then what you do outside of that really shouldn't even be brought up.

If she wants to know (and she's sane) she'll ask you. Just like how if you wanted to know, you'd ask her. Its generally a good idea to figure out a little something about a person before you take them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom